The Campaign!

Hello , this is my first post but i made it just to ask whether the campaign in halo 4 will be good for people like me who do not play the campaign , i have halo: CE , Halo 3 and Halo reach but i never fully played the campaign :S

If i do need to catch up to understand the campaign does anyone have a video or something i can watch to understand the halo campaigns?

• I have watched halo legends if that helps :slight_smile:
  • Hope you guys are more friendly than the bungie forums :slight_smile:

> Hello , this is my first post but i made it just to ask whether the campaign in halo 4 will be good for people like me who do not play the campaign , i have halo: CE , Halo 3 and Halo reach but i never fully played the campaign :S
>
> If i do need to catch up to understand the campaign does anyone have a video or something i can watch to understand the halo campaigns?
>
> + I have watched halo legends if that helps :slight_smile:
>
> - Hope you guys are more friendly than the bungie forums :slight_smile:

I suggest you play through the campaigns but you can head on over to the halo wiki and/or halopedia to read a summary of the plots of each game.

I’m pretty sure there’s a video at the beginning of the halo 4 campaign summarizing what’s happened so far, so you won’t need to watch anything! Welcome to Waypoint!

Even though the story from CE-3 is being continued in 4 id imagine being a new trilogy it wont be vital as they will want to tell us a new story rather dwell on the past trilogy?
Ive not played the game though so not sure!

I completed Halo 3 campaign the day it came out with 3 mates system link, not played it since and dont intend.

> I’m pretty sure there’s a video at the beginning of the halo 4 campaign summarizing what’s happened so far, so you won’t need to watch anything! Welcome to Waypoint!

^^This!^^

> > I’m pretty sure there’s a video at the beginning of the halo 4 campaign summarizing what’s happened so far, so you won’t need to watch anything! Welcome to Waypoint!
>
> ^^This!^^

^^That!^^

Thanks guys :smiley: also thanks for the welcome :slight_smile: , do you think i should play through the campaigns anyway , since i have 2 of the games? :slight_smile:

honestly you NEED to get Halo 2 and play through all the campaigns.

Start with reach, then CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 last. If you dont, you are a fool IMO

> Thanks guys :smiley: also thanks for the welcome :slight_smile: , do you think i should play through the campaigns anyway , since i have 2 of the games? :slight_smile:

If you have 2 of the games then sure, I just wouldn’t buy all the other games just for Halo 4.

> honestly you NEED to get Halo 2 and play through all the campaigns.
>
>
>
>
> Start with reach, then CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 last. If you dont, you are a fool IMO

Okay haha , ill get halo 2 on the pc and play through all the others on xbox

Here
You’re welcome

I strongly suggest you play through all of the Halo games, INCLUDING ODST!

> > honestly you NEED to get Halo 2 and play through all the campaigns.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Start with reach, then CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 last. If you dont, you are a fool IMO
>
> Okay haha , ill get halo 2 on the pc and play through all the others on xbox

You really only need to play Halo 1, 2, and 3.

Reach isn’t essential to the main story except for Dr. Halsey’s introduction in a game for the first time. To save you the effort of having to play Reach, you can read about Dr. Halsey here: link

I would reccomend you to play all the campaigns, but you can also check WIKI websites if you are too lazy.

My “first” Halo campaign was Halo 3 and then i bought Halo books, old Halos etc. and catched up.

> Here
> You’re welcome

Youtube Comment: "Now, can we have a serious one for people who, you know, WANT to know the story? "

IGN explains absolutely nothing with their failed-attempt for a sense of humor. I recommend finding a more reliable source.

Just keep in mind Halo 4 comes out in a few days so you’ll really have to book it with those Campaigns.

> I’m pretty sure there’s a video at the beginning of the halo 4 campaign summarizing what’s happened so far, so you won’t need to watch anything!

Yeah, Halo 4 is being made accessible to anyone, especially those who are new to the series.

In your case you will be put up to speed with the events pre Halo 4, basically a short video showing your the key moments of Halo CE-3, possibly Reach I’m not sure.

However, it depends on how deep you want to go. If you want to be fully immersed in the Halo 4 story then I suggest you either read up on the Halo wiki or you could even watch every Halo Campaign via cutscenes on Youtube if you wanted. If you are going to play through a Campaign before Halo 4 I strongly suggest Halo 3.

A key factor you want to get a feel for MasterChief’s and Cortana’s relationship, it’s going to play a huge role in Halo 4 and it’s something you can’t exactly read about to an extent, you need to experience it.

Anyway you go about it, you will be fine going into Halo 4. It’s up to you how far you want to get involved.

Welcome to Waypoint! :slight_smile:

> will be good for people like me who do not play the campaign

You answered your own question.