The Cage 3.0

The Cage has been edited by Bungie as a new map called Uncaged. It is okay changes but it still needs major chages. Discuss what you would like to see an a The Cage 3.0.

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute! When did Bungie release Uncaged? Why did I not hear about it? Why have I not seen it in matchmaking? And why do they seem to think adding an extra grav lift is better?

I liked the original.

I moved the sniper and rockets around and found that played a bit better maybe it might work in MM better if they did this.

I saw a guy who moved the tower and and it was terrible

Honestly, for The Cage 3.0, I’d just like an honest map made from it. I know this won’t happen, but humor me for a second. Bungie originally had made all five of these Forge World maps with their own individual environments, etc. Then, they simply decided to combine them into Forge World and make these variants. God, what a horrible move. They desecrated Sanctuary by adding a huge cliff on one side and sniper-to-sniper sightlines. Forge World also just isn’t comprehensive enough to add some of the nooks and crannies: I remember a little corner under the turret of bases where a Needler was placed. Granted, a Needler isn’t a particularly powerful weapon, but the point is that Forge World just isn’t “specific” enough to allow them to accurately make maps.

Therefore, I would just like one more map pack from Bungie. Remake all of your Forge World maps as individual maps. They said they already had a good start on them, so I wouldn’t imagine it too hard to do, and I think the maps would benefit from the extra detail added (honestly, way too many poor Forge World exploiting of some of these maps). That’s what I’d like to see from The Cage 3.0.

But alas, it won’t happen.

stay on topic were are not talking about making a new forge world we are tlking about The Cage3.0

> stay on topic were are not talking about making a new forge world we are tlking about The Cage3.0

I wasn’t talking about a new Forge World; I was saying The Cage is a Forge World map and I’d like to see that not be the case.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I detest the map in every shape and form. I feel it is an insult to any Halo player, and considering it was made by a Bungie employee makes it even worse.

A mature chimpanzee could make a better map out of Forge World.

> I detest the map in every shape and form. I feel it is an insult to any Halo player, and considering it was made by a Bungie employee makes it even worse.
>
> A mature chimpanzee could make a better map out of Forge World.

Only because an infinite amount of monkeys on an infinite amount of typewriters, at some point and time, one of those monkeys will have randomly punched out a Shakespearean-play. But a monkey does not mean all monkeys.

As for me, I think the Cage suffers from not having enough to it. It is a map where you can literally spawn next to the enemy, and since their isn’t a “base” that that should happen in, it means the action is too tight for the setup. If the Cage was expanded to twice its size, perhaps maybe 1.5 times larger… then maybe it might play better.

I hate the Cage. It’s still crap, IMO, even with Uncaged.

i aM MAKING IT NOW AND ILL POST A LINK FOR TESTER SOON THEN GIVE FEEDBACK

Uncaged made me like the cage.

> I hate the Cage. It’s still crap, IMO, even with Uncaged.

better spawning and better weapon placement.

The rockets should be placed on the ramp ging from sniper to bottom cage.

The Cage would actually be really easy to fix. I have made some changes of my own to it for fun but I have noticed that it can never be a very good map and still look like the Cage. It can still be good map to play on. The main proble I have noticed is that it doesn’t have enough routes. That’s why I added two man cannons on the map. I also added some additional routes. I can’t show the map because I never saved it. That was because I was just doing it for fun. It just needs more routes.