The Bulletin, LE , Secret Text & Symbol

So, They didn’t mention anything about the LE… disappointed.

Here’s some hidden text though:

PLNB PRIORITY TRANSMISSION [CLASSIFIED]

ENCRYPTION CODE: [CLASSIFIED]

PUBLIC KEY: N/A
TO: CODENAME COALMINER
CLASSIFICATION: ELEVENTH HOUR [2/5]
SUBJECT: OVER THE FENCE
/FILE EXTRACTION-RECONSTITUTION COMPLETE/
/START FILE/
SPECIES CANDIDATE//LINE RECORD 94:73:02:75

KIG-YAR// Eayn’s native population continues to grow and expand within reasonable governing parameters; its economic and social lines have stabilized in the wake of the war. Muloqt, Kaelarot, and Valyanop, the primary interplanetary colonial sites, all remain static, with little notable movement. There are rumors of mercenaries operating alongside a handful of more conservative Sangheili states, although that has yet to be substantiated.

SANGHEILI// Most intel here originates from ground contacts, but sensors have assisted with validation. The primary issue with the Sangheili is that of discordant cultural symmetry. It is difficult to assess military growth across several dozen active colonial vectors all with disparate political structures. Nevertheless, any and all visible military activity appears to be internecine in nature.

NOTE: A cluster of Sangheili frontier worlds saw a sudden and anomalous convergence of unregistered ships, largely cruisers of varying classes according to a handful of remote relays stationed nearby. By the time sensors were deployed, the ships were gone. The relays can’t assess numbers or strength, but the readings we have indicate that this wasn’t an expeditionary voyage or something tied to a single state. It appears to have been much larger.

/END FILE/

It seems to be about The Storm

Here’s the forerunner symbol in the bulletin:
https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/2012/10/18/sec3op36516.png

Garbage removed (thanks to darthkillyou):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14565853/Pictures/classified%20(1).png

The symbol is a K, so we have “C 3 K” so far (correct me if i’m wrong)

Couldn’t tell if the bulletin was a joke or not. Took a long time just for that?

> Couldn’t tell if the bulletin was a joke or not. Took a long time just for that?

My thoughts exactly…I HAD respect for 343…I’m buying the game nonetheless but wow…now even one lil piece of info…this is ridiculous

Its insulting they didn’t mention anything worthwhile, while skulls are nice they ultimately don’t decide if I want to spend more for a fancier edition. Instead of stupid pumpkins, how bout they answer some questions for once? I give it one more week, then I’m canceling my LE and just gonna borrow the game from a friend later on.

> Its insulting they didn’t mention anything worthwhile, while skulls are nice they ultimately don’t decide if I want to spend more for a fancier edition. Instead of stupid pumpkins, how bout they answer some questions for once? I give it one more week, then I’m canceling my LE and just gonna borrow the game from a friend later on.

Really? You are going to cancel your LE and not purchase the game because of misinformation about an armor set and specalisation, which most likely was caused by marketing people at Microsoft Studios.

> Its insulting they didn’t mention anything worthwhile, while skulls are nice they ultimately don’t decide if I want to spend more for a fancier edition. Instead of stupid pumpkins, how bout they answer some questions for once? I give it one more week, then I’m canceling my LE and just gonna borrow the game from a friend later on.

Woah, it’s just marketing gimmicks. The game will still be top notch.

Yep call me an extremist, but I will NOT support a developer/publisher that screws me, lies to me, and doesn’t respect me as a consumer. Saves me time and money and I get the last laugh when I play my friends copy if they don’t try and put things right. Sure one guy doing it doesn’t effect a megacorperation like -Yoink!-, but I won’t back down on my principles just for a video game, even Halo 4.

Anyone figure out what forerunner symbol was in that blank image…?

> Yep call me an extremist, but I will NOT support a developer/publisher that screws me, lies to me, and doesn’t respect me as a consumer. Saves me time and money and I get the last laugh when I play my friends copy if they don’t try and put things right. Sure one guy doing it doesn’t effect a megacorperation like -Yoink!-, but I won’t back down on my principles just for a video game, even Halo 4.

You must never play Capcom games then.

> Yep call me an extremist, but I will NOT support a developer/publisher that screws me, lies to me, and doesn’t respect me as a consumer. Saves me time and money and I get the last laugh when I play my friends copy if they don’t try and put things right. Sure one guy doing it doesn’t effect a megacorperation like -Yoink!-, but I won’t back down on my principles just for a video game, even Halo 4.

I fully support this.

Its not necessarily the content that poses the problem for me, but the misdirection and false information that causes the problem and its a just a huge let down . . .

Get over it you oversensitive extremists. Halo 4 will be great regardless of stupid extra content you get with your purchase or miscommunication from a company. Wow, some people man. Get over yourselves. I’m sure you will live.

OT: Anyway, I honestly don’t know what that forerunner symbol means but I’m willing to bet its for a secret terminal or something.

Luckily for me, I am getting the Limited Edition for the lore-related materials. I care not for silly little trinkets. I do not understand why, when the LE was first mentioned, everyone was against have a statue or other real-world item?

As for the hidden text. I believe it applies to the ships seen in the “Jul 'Mdama” Terminal video, not Halo 3’s “The Storm”.

here’s the symbol in the post:
https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/2012/10/18/sec3op36516.png

Also added to the OP

So we have 3 now…

> here’s the symbol in the post:
> https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/2012/10/18/sec3op36516.png
>
> Also added to the OP
>
> So we have 3 now…

Perhaps the symbols can be used the same way as the Halo: CEA terminal codes. Once all symbols are revealed, we enter them into Halo Waypoint on Xbox, and see if that does anything.

I’m so tired of this random info which in no way explains anything that i didn’t know in these bulletins. I swear every time i read a Bungie Bulletin i learn’t something and was reading them every week for 10 years. I barely read the 343 ones nowadays tbh.

Garbage removed (thanks to darthkillyou):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14565853/Pictures/classified%20(1).png

The symbol is a K, so we have “C 3 K” so far (correct me if i’m wrong)

> Garbage removed (thanks to darthkillyou):
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14565853/Pictures/classified%20(1).png
>
> The symbol is a K, so we have “C 3 K” so far (correct me if i’m wrong)

You are correct and I’m convinced that Surgeon is Preston Cole.

> I’m so tired of this random info which in no way explains anything that i didn’t know in these bulletins. I swear every time i read a Bungie Bulletin i learn’t something and was reading them every week for 10 years. I barely read the 343 ones nowadays tbh.

I agree…at least when Bungie wrote weekly updates they were worthwhile…everything in the Bulletin with the exception of the secret letters were known to the community already. The fact that the LE issue was not brought up was also a major let down and seemed more like they were ignoring the matter than anything. At least when Bungie released exclusive editions of the games they told the consumer up front about what as included with each edition and that didnt change from reveal/announcement to release. The marketing and public relations of 343i are questionable at best.

If you’d like to continue the discussion on the hidden text and symbol, feel free to do so here.