The bubble shield.

I think… we should discuss the bubble shield… its a really iconic piece of equipment to halo i think and it didnt really feel right without it and i dont think its been brought up enough, now im not talking about the armour ability, im talking about the equipment ones where its on a timer, maybe if it gets shot by a wraith or scorpion it should dissipate but everything else it should remain standing until its time is up, its such a great way of protection i think, anyway discuss, would you like it in halo 5 or not?

I feel like a Drop Shield/Bubble Shield hybrid would work really well.

The Drop Shield would destroy earlier if enough damage was done for it.

If this was turned into a piece of equipment, just like Halo 3 but with said effect from the Drop Shield as well.

Instead of players running in and trying to put a big of damage into the player, they could throw some grenades at it and try to weaken the shield.

> I feel like a Drop Shield/Bubble Shield hybrid would work really well.
>
> The Drop Shield would destroy earlier if enough damage was done for it.
>
> If this was turned into a piece of equipment, just like Halo 3 but with said effect from the Drop Shield as well.
>
> Instead of players running in and trying to put a big of damage into the player, they could throw some grenades at it and try to weaken the shield.

Where have you been all time? PM back.

More on topic, I’d love the bubble shield to come back, as a pick up.

Loved the drop shield, and would love for it to return.

Probably only good as equipment. Even if AA’s were reduced to one user per spawn, it would be too overpowered.

> I feel like a Drop Shield/Bubble Shield hybrid would work really well.
>
> The Drop Shield would destroy earlier if enough damage was done for it.
>
> If this was turned into a piece of equipment, just like Halo 3 but with said effect from the Drop Shield as well.
>
> Instead of players running in and trying to put a big of damage into the player, <mark>they could throw some grenades at it and try to weaken the shield.</mark>

its called the bubble shield because its supposed to be indestructible. so keep it indestructible just the way it was in halo 3

It was probably the most interesting piece of equipment in Halo 3. It added an interesting level of knowing when to use grenades and guns when encountering another person in a bubble shield. I would be okay with it returning if it makes sense for Halo 5’s sandbox.

Option D: Tactical Grenade

I pretty much want what The Little Moa described but with the ability to throw it further (and you stay in 1st person). One thing I really disliked about Halo 3 was that weird 3rd person frisbee toss animation for equipment.

> > I feel like a Drop Shield/Bubble Shield hybrid would work really well.
> >
> > The Drop Shield would destroy earlier if enough damage was done for it.
> >
> > If this was turned into a piece of equipment, just like Halo 3 but with said effect from the Drop Shield as well.
> >
> > Instead of players running in and trying to put a big of damage into the player, <mark>they could throw some grenades at it and try to weaken the shield.</mark>
>
> its called the bubble shield because its supposed to be indestructible. so keep it indestructible just the way it was in halo 3

It is? I thought it was called the Bubble Shield because it resembled the shape of a bubble.

Either way, adding the drop shields effect to it would surely stop those people that grab the Sword/Shotgun/Objective and just sit in the bubble with it and wait for everyone to run in and get one hit kills.

I’d like to see Armor Abilities have more of a resemblance to Equipment, having the player deploy a tool but also have the recharging nature of AAs, and one of those abilities I’d like there to be is the bubble/drop shield. If this were the case, I prefer if the shield would have the option of being able to be taken down from too much external damage like the drop shield, or a player could step in and destroy the shield projector itself in a faster amount of time like in Halo 3.

I seriosly don’t know why they removed that as an option. I loved it and thought it was one of the best balanced AAs in Reach.

That being said, let’s have equipment back now shall we?

I say we remove armor abilities in general and replace it with the equipment from Halo 3. Like the jetpack would be less OP if it was a pickup instead of an ability. But the bubble-shield is definitely a must-have. If you were in serious trouble, it was your last stand approach, and it only gave you a chance, not a guarantee of survival.

Okay all good ideas
Personally i never like AA except maybe active camo, when doing large clan battles on forge world, sniping on top of the cliff over the cave, wow… good times… anyway but bubble shield i would rather return as equipment but i get what you all mean, it stops people from camping in it but i found it fairly over powering, use it as and when you want and it still pretty effective, what if you could shoot through it but it only does quarter damage so you can sort of… i dunno drive people out of it? cos with the equipment one you had to fight to get it almost unless there was no one there… but i found the AA one too powerful for what it was, literally a shield all around you, yeah it goes down with damage but it still something that will recharge and you can use again as an when you want

Equipment, just like in halo 3. I hate armor abilities unless they are like the ones in halo 1 - halo 3.

Honestly, I think there should be both AAs and equipment. It would satisfy both groups, and be nice little things to add. Regen, PV, and some of the others would be changed to equipment, but the others would stay as AAs.

> Honestly, I think there should be both AAs and equipment. It would satisfy both groups, and be nice little things to add. Regen, PV, and some of the others would be changed to equipment, but the others would stay as AAs.

Agreed, as long as they’re pickups and not spawned with.

~ Duck.

> Honestly, I think there should be both AAs and equipment. It would satisfy both groups, and be nice little things to add. Regen, PV, and some of the others would be changed to equipment, but the others would stay as AAs.

How would it satisfy both groups? It’s not that we need equipment, it’s just that we don’t want AA’s.

Well there needs to be something about each one, either way we need the pickup to be something you would rather have out of the two as it will be something on the map so essentially its a power one, so we need something that makes the AA one worse but still use able so i dunno… personally id get away with the AA one and just have something else to take its place like the hardlight shield

I’m pretty sure Drop Shield was the best AA ever. I still love the idea of a protective bubble…ugh. I want SOME form of it back.

I think a good deal of the AAs in halo 4 right now would actually be really good equipment. PV, make it last a little longer, but make it a one time use pick up.
Perhaps give Thruster Pack a good sized boost and make that 1 or 3 times use per pickup.
Regen field has been in the past so…
Active camo maybe? Not sure I mind that just being an AA. I rarely see people use it anymore in Halo 4 anyways.
Although I wish it was like Reach’s, in that it scrambled the sensors. Camo, in the hands of a skilled user, is much more than camping at long distance with a sniper rifle.
Anyways…I think there are a lot of things that could happen. New and unique equipment along with old ones might be cool

I really miss the bubble shield in halo 3 and halo:reach, it made me feel safe inside it at least for a time haha…I remember when enemies and me would just stare at each other right outside the bubble while I hold a shotgun inside and the enemy debating if he/she should go in to kill me or not with a plasma grenade. I also miss the elephant vehicle from halo 3, had such good times having epic battles for control of the elephant.

I’d be fine with it returning either as equipment or as an armor ability (assuming they do come back). I did like the drop shield in Reach, though I was a little disappointed that it was only available in certain objective games. I probably would have preferred that it took the place of armor lock in slayer games, because armor lock just irritated me.