The BS nerf and why its bad.

Keep in mind this is just how i feel. This is NOT a topic to discuss if it needs one. I don’t want to start a flame war so lets leave that out.

Okay so my problem with it happening is what it could potentially mean for halo. In my honest opinion i don’t think 343 felt it needed a nerf. I mean come on like bungie they spend ALOT of time on weapon balance. Rather they are “throwing the community a bone” since people are constantly complaining about never being heard or listened to etc.

Now what worries me is this is opening a new door to halo. Weapons have never been tweaked post release (bar making a 3SK pistol in reaches classic playlist.) I really don’t want them to follow this path of nerfing/ buffing tweaking etc of weapons like every other modern shooter. Because then we will have a constant uproar of people saying so and so nerf didn’t fix the issue or so and so buff didn’t make a difference. Then we would spiral into a path like COD where weapons get tweaked so much on the communities whim that weapons lose their uniqueness or just become plain unusable.

I really am hoping that 343 is doing it just this once. I don’t want to have to hop on everyday and download a small patch that changes how a gun feels just because of some butthurt people on the forums cried about it.

EDIT: I went over halo 2’s patch notes and see that weapon tweaking has been done before. So please disrigard the part in my OP where i say it hasn’t been done.

Almost every Halo tweaked somenthing including weapons, i really tried to see a point in your post but there is not

Its a well needed and deserved nerf, they aren’t nerfing the dmg only the 1sk kill distance from 20-25’ down to 15’ thus making the weapon much more balanced
the 1sk should only be within hugging (melee) distance.
Any range greater than that distance makes the weapon more powerful than the shotgun scattershot hammer and sword, a secondary pistol loadout weapon should not be more powerful than these power weapons

I approve of this nerf and look forward to the rest of the TU

> Almost every Halo tweaked somenthing including weapons, i really tried to see a point in your post but there is not

Care to prove that? As far as i can remember none of the TU’s in any halo game effected weapons. If you can’t see my point i can’t help you. I put it as simple as possible. If 343 starts nerfing things left and right like COD based on the community its going to ruin weapons.

I feel that this can be avoided in the future if such over powered-ness of weapons aren’t included. The Boltshot should NOT beat out a Scattershot and Shotgun. The DMR should not be a makeshift sniper-rifle.

Weapons beforehand needed tweaks here and there, but sometimes these weapons just seem waayyyyy too annoying to fully appreciate the game.

> Its a well needed and deserved nerf, they aren’t nerfing the dmg only the 1sk kill distance from 20-25’ down to 15’ thus making the weapon much more balanced
> the 1sk should only be within hugging (melee) distance.
> Any range greater than that distance makes the weapon more powerful than the shotgun scattershot hammer and sword, a secondary pistol loadout weapon should not be more powerful than these power weapons
>
> I approve of this nerf and look forward to the rest of the TU

I’m not arguing about wether it needs it and i know what it does. Do you see the point i’m trying to say?

> > Almost every Halo tweaked somenthing including weapons, i really tried to see a point in your post but there is not
>
> <mark>Care to prove that? As far as i can remember none of the TU’s in any halo game effected weapons.</mark> If you can’t see my point i can’t help you. I put it as simple as possible. If 343 starts nerfing things left and right like COD based on the community its going to ruin weapons.

The Halo 2 BR pre-patch.

> > Almost every Halo tweaked somenthing including weapons, i really tried to see a point in your post but there is not
>
> Care to prove that? As far as i can remember none of the TU’s in any halo game effected weapons. If you can’t see my point i can’t help you. I put it as simple as possible. If 343 starts nerfing things left and right like COD based on the community its going to ruin weapons.

The damage output of the Magnum on Halo 2.

> I feel that this can be avoided in the future if such over powered-ness of weapons aren’t included. The Boltshot should NOT beat out a Scattershot and Shotgun. The DMR should not be a makeshift sniper-rifle.
>
> Weapons beforehand needed tweaks here and there, but sometimes these weapons just seem waayyyyy too annoying to fully appreciate the game.

But i don’t feel any of the weapons are OP. i still consistantly win battles against the BS using the other shotties. and the DMR thing IMO is a map problem. on a BTB map that flows good and has cover the DMR isn’t nearly as strong.

Nope, the boltshot definitely needed a nerf. I don’t know about you but when I’m playing any game type, usually on the smaller maps, a lot of players would camp in one corner or go around with a BS ready to fire…since I refuse to use that gun, it was quite frustrating to dodge the 1hk with the impossible range that it had.

>
> Care to prove that? As far as i can remember none of the TU’s in any halo game effected weapons. If you can’t see my point i can’t help you. I put it as simple as possible. If 343 starts nerfing things left and right like COD based on the community its going to ruin weapons.

well you got two examples of other player but i will give one more, even that don’t affect too much mauler was tweaked too

Can you please tell me why you think they shouldn’t balance the weapons after the release? I really can’t understand your reasoning.

I don’t think anyone but you would have anything against having the developers trying to improve and fix their game. The boltshot was a mistake and would have never been as it is now anyways if there was a public beta.

> > I feel that this can be avoided in the future if such over powered-ness of weapons aren’t included. The Boltshot should NOT beat out a Scattershot and Shotgun. The DMR should not be a makeshift sniper-rifle.
> >
> > Weapons beforehand needed tweaks here and there, but sometimes these weapons just seem waayyyyy too annoying to fully appreciate the game.
>
> But i don’t feel any of the weapons are OP. i still consistantly win battles against the BS using the other shotties. and the DMR thing IMO is a map problem. on a BTB map that flows good and has cover the DMR isn’t nearly as strong.

The Bolshot isn’t as bad for me as others sometimes make it out to be, but there are times when I finally get a shotgun in my ordinance drop, just to have someone kill me with the BS because its range was greater than my shotgun.
The DMR can win against the BR/Carbine in medium range, which it is not intended to do. Heck, I’ve even been beat out by it using the SAW, and I don’t have bad aim.

> > > Almost every Halo tweaked somenthing including weapons, i really tried to see a point in your post but there is not
> >
> > Care to prove that? As far as i can remember none of the TU’s in any halo game effected weapons. If you can’t see my point i can’t help you. I put it as simple as possible. If 343 starts nerfing things left and right like COD based on the community its going to ruin weapons.
>
> The damage output of the Magnum on Halo 2.

I went and re looked up the TU’s of halo 2 and a lot of weapons got tweaked. This is new to me. Then again i didn’t play much of halo 2 online so my memory isn’t to great.

Well, maybe if they’d pay attention about some things that could be overused due to a large advantage before releasing, that’d help on things like tweaks post release. The Boltshot needs this. It’s got a longer 1SK range than the shotguns that are on the maps and it’s a loadout secondary. And some of the other weapons need to be fixed, like the DMR. It needs a slower RoF and decrease the effective range so it can’t really compete against a sniper in its territory. Descope would definitely help on that as well.

> Can you please tell me why you think they shouldn’t balance the weapons after the release? I really can’t understand your reasoning.
>
> I don’t think anyone but you would have anything against having the developers trying to improve and fix their game. The boltshot was a mistake and would have never been as it is now anyways if there was a public beta.

Perhaps you should re read my post. I don’t want it to turn into cod where these weapon tweaks turn weapons either unusable or bland.

I understand your point, you don’t want 343i to just start tweaking things everywhere, because then the community will start to find the smallest things and yell for a TU to patch it.

And that is why I believe if they are more cautious with their balancing, things will go more smoothly for them in the future.

Didn’t they reduce the Bloom in Reach? That was weapon behaviour modification right there.
Anyway, surely it’s a good thing that they’re willing to change such things?

Halo 2’s melee, Shotgun, Magnum, and battle rifle all received nerfs.

> > > I feel that this can be avoided in the future if such over powered-ness of weapons aren’t included. The Boltshot should NOT beat out a Scattershot and Shotgun. The DMR should not be a makeshift sniper-rifle.
> > >
> > > Weapons beforehand needed tweaks here and there, but sometimes these weapons just seem waayyyyy too annoying to fully appreciate the game.
> >
> > But i don’t feel any of the weapons are OP. i still consistantly win battles against the BS using the other shotties. and the DMR thing IMO is a map problem. on a BTB map that flows good and has cover the DMR isn’t nearly as strong.
>
> The Bolshot isn’t as bad for me as others sometimes make it out to be, but there are times when I finally get a shotgun in my ordinance drop, just to have someone kill me with the BS because its range was greater than my shotgun.
> The DMR can win against the BR/Carbine in medium range, which it is not intended to do. Heck, I’ve even been beat out by it using the SAW, and I don’t have bad aim.

I don’t think that the DMR has an issue itself. I could win a battle at long range with the BR but that doesn’t mean the weapon is good or in your argument the DMR. It excells in long range but it can work in other ranges as well. It wasn’t designed for only one roll. Just as the BR is designed for medium and close.