The Breaking on Solo Legendary is Impossible

This mission is absolutely insane in difficulty, i mean talk about a difficulty spike. When playing the campaign on Solo Legendary i did of course have hiccups along the way but through precise strategy all obstacles were overcome…except this one, which essentially has no strategy behind it as you are mowed down by one hit kit bullet sponges. This mission requires absolute sheer luck as you are pitted up against not 1 not 2 but 3 wardens at once in what is essentially a shooting gallery let me take you though what happens every time this god awful part shows up

0:00-0:12 Wardens spawn in/ I equip a scattershot and an incineration cannon
0:12-0:30 Either Kelly, Linda or Fred Get killed/ I start unloading everything i have
0:30-0:40 The other 2 remaining Spartans are killed attempting to revive the other downed spartan
0:40-1:00 I run out of ammo, not even being able to kill the single warden i was focusing all my own and my teams firepower on
1:10-0:00 I die by the hands of another warden who snipes me from the other side of the platform, re-spawn everything begins all over again

Now what i’m expecting in the comments are “get good” or “you suck”, but it has nothing to do with getting good or not sucking as this is poor map-making at its finest, subjected to the same outcome for the player each time they reload a checkpoint.

Edit: I did make an update about 3 hours after the initial post, in which i had stated that i completed it, legitimately, thank you all for you helpful suggestions, which have since assisted others in their quest for achievements

I rocked through on NORMAL solo for my first go and had to do that part 5-6 times. I can’t imagine how terrible I’ll be when I take on Legendary.

This is the part that has me extremely worried right now. Im on Swords on solo legendary atm

I’ll be doing my playthrough on Legendary soon… lets hope there isn’t an impossible wall in my way… would rather not have that tyvm.

I finished it on Sunday night.

Starting it tonight

That part was an absolute nightmare and I was playing it on normal too. I’m going to regret it once I start my solo legendary playthrough.

I just did it on 2 plater co-op and even then its kind of bad. I jut found it useful to use my team as meat shields.

A binary rifle really helps if u can get one before that room

Are the incineration cannons not there on legendary? Or the other weapons?

On normal there are plenty of weapon stands around, are they not there on legendary?

Update, my God i did it and it only took me 3 HOURS!!! it drove me straight to the definition of insanity but if you have the determination to do it you’ll get there

You dont have to fight them, you can skip the fight… There is some RNG on the warden focus and i was so bored to ear the same dialogs again and again after each death that i “speedrunned” it, will try to do it “legit” later.

Go on top of on of the middle tower > aim for the platform where the 3 warden spawn > jump + dash (B) + ground pound the platform. Keep moving and it will activate the end of the mission. Use your teammates as decoy on the middle of the map, warden can kill you while jumping…

Can’t be worse than Gravemind on H2 surely?

> 2533274804473379;12:
> You dont have to fight them, you can skip the fight… There is some RNG on the warden focus and i was so bored to ear the same dialogs again and again after each death that i “speedrunned” it, will try to do it “legit” later.
>
> Go on top of on of the middle tower > aim for the platform where the 3 warden spawn > jump + dash (B) + ground pound the platform. Keep moving and it will activate the end of the mission. Use your teammates as decoy on the middle of the map, warden can kill you while jumping…

Dude, you just saved my live. Could not get through this and I only played on heroic.

Thank you sir!

I did it fine, there are incineration cannons all around the map, and you get a checkpoint for each warden you down.

2 are behind them 1 on each side and you should have one at 100% with you.

Just aim your squad to be bait, nuke one down, checkpoint, run hide till they respawn back, rinse/repeat

I did it legit with just a scattershot on ledendary by simply dash to either side when they rush you and landing a shot or two on his backwhich will cause him to flinch and as long as you continue to unload on him he won’t be able to move as hell keep flinching, eventually your mag will run out at which point you just fire as soon as you have one shot loaded to keep him there until he’s done. And then just repeat on the next warden because generally speaking only one warden will fight you at one time.

wow sounds crazy scary. What mission is this?
I’m only half way through mission 3 on Legendary. Found the 1st one pretty tough as ive not played Halo in a while and had to settle back into the fold of hit 2 headsots then hide to regen sheild. Second mission found pretty easy appart from the hunters…( stupid ai just keeps dying trying to revive each other). Then mission 3 is loads of fun and im on the tank bit.
Work is gonna drag today.

Once i figured out the wardens patterns its not too bad. Focusing on the weak point on thier back is key. My strategy a fellow waypoint user gave me: (Hope it helps. :))

I had the shotgun. Don’t assign your team to a place or a specific warden. Attack the warden that is going after you. Don’t let him have space or he will -Yoink- you with his beam. When he’s about to swing thruster to right .

When you down 2 wardens the last one Summons turrets. Go in the front by the door, but behind the pillar so the turrets can’t hit you.If you’re up close and personal, all the warden is going to do is swing at you. I stayed in the left side of the room behind the wall

There is actually a simple solution for this.

GET GUD SCRUB!!! Just kidding :slight_smile: Anyways basically what you want to do is have a scattershot and binary rifle. When you enter the room order your squad to head to the right side AWAY from you. You go to the opposite. I know that the first warden goes at you or your teammates alone and the other two tend to stay back.
Once your squad and yourself are in position order your squad to attack the warden approaching you or to get near him. When he is somewhat distracted shoot him with the binary rifle to get him to react with revealing his void center. At this point you need to quickly run to him, shoot his void ball on his back with the scattershot from behind. When you shoot him he won’t be able to do anything, not even shoot back or run away. You have to spam the whole clip into him and it will kill him.

This mission drove me insane on heroic but all this info helps for a legendary run through! Thanks guys