"The BR dominates at all ranges"

Anybody else read the Halo bulletin? Apparently the battle rifle tuning is too powerful to compete against any other weapon. I hope they could say the same for the DMR. Creating faster kill times is not the key, it is correcting powerful weapons that create artificial fast paced gameplay.

We want the magnetism to be lowered and the aim assist to be reduced. You could change this at any time, give it a try.

They said, if you continued to read, that without the ROF nerf for the BR it became too dominant hence why there is a ROF nerf to match the BR to the DMR

If the BR “dominates at all ranges” like the old Halo games, then I may have to return to check this out. Hopefully it can handle the Assault Rifle in close quarters like the days of old.

> They said, if you continued to read, that without the ROF nerf for the BR it became too dominant hence why there is a ROF nerf to match the BR to the DMR

What I’m trying to say is the BR should not be touched in the first place and that the DMR is being ignored because it creates artificial fast paced gameplay.

> > They said, if you continued to read, that without the ROF nerf for the BR it became too dominant hence why there is a ROF nerf to match the BR to the DMR
>
> What I’m trying to say is the BR should not be touched in the first place and that the DMR is being ignored because it creates artificial fast paced gameplay.

The DMR is a PRECISION, SINGLE SHOT RIFLE. It’s supposed to be powerful.

Christ! I am so sick of people claiming it’s over powered when it’s not. The DMR excels in most of the maps because guess what?! Most of the maps are medium to long range. The DMR doesn’t need tuning because there is nothing wrong with it. The only thing wrong with the DMR is the player that is using it.

Adapt or go play something else.

> > They said, if you continued to read, that without the ROF nerf for the BR it became too dominant hence why there is a ROF nerf to match the BR to the DMR
>
> What I’m trying to say is the BR should not be touched in the first place and that the DMR is being ignored because it creates artificial fast paced gameplay.

Why shouldn’t the BR not be touched when the DMR can also do the job as well? Last I checked, the DMR was supposed to be great at long range, while the BR was supposed to be great in medium.

What theyvare trying to do is keep the closer ranged weapons inaccurate at long range, allowing the DMR to do its job. However, DMRs would lose due to a lower damage output since its rate of damage stays the same, while the others benefit from the closer ranges.

In short, they are trying to keep every gun the same when the target is within their range, but slow down when the target is either too far away or another gun shoots faster due to it being closer.

> > > They said, if you continued to read, that without the ROF nerf for the BR it became too dominant hence why there is a ROF nerf to match the BR to the DMR
> >
> > What I’m trying to say is the BR should not be touched in the first place and that the DMR is being ignored because it creates artificial fast paced gameplay.
>
> The DMR is a PRECISION, SINGLE SHOT RIFLE. It’s supposed to be powerful.
>
> Christ! I am so sick of people claiming it’s over powered when it’s not. The DMR excels in most of the maps because guess what?! Most of the maps are medium to long range.
>
> Adapt or go play something else.

Ha adapt? Are you that ignorant? Watch this and tell me that again.

> > > They said, if you continued to read, that without the ROF nerf for the BR it became too dominant hence why there is a ROF nerf to match the BR to the DMR
> >
> > What I’m trying to say is the BR should not be touched in the first place and that the DMR is being ignored because it creates artificial fast paced gameplay.
>
> Why shouldn’t the BR not be touched when the DMR can also do the job as well? Last I checked, the DMR was supposed to be great at long range, while the BR was supposed to be great in medium.
>
>
> What theyvare trying to do is keep the closer ranged weapons inaccurate at long range, allowing the DMR to do its job. However, DMRs would lose due to a lower damage output since its rate of damage stays the same, while the others benefit from the closer ranges.
>
>
> In short, they are trying to keep every gun the same when the target is within their range, but slow down when the target is either too far away or another gun shoots faster due to it being closer.

Exactly!

I swear, most of the people on this forum have no idea what different weapons means. I honestly think that they want all the weapons to function exactly the same where the only difference between them all is they look different.

But why would the baseline be the mid-range rifle and not the long range one? Why not start with the other mid-range rifles (carbine, LR). Seems kind of arbitrary to start in the middle.

> >
>
> The DMR is a PRECISION, SINGLE SHOT RIFLE. It’s supposed to be powerful.
>
> Christ! I am so sick of people claiming it’s over powered when it’s not. The DMR excels in most of the maps because guess what?! Most of the maps are medium to long range. The DMR doesn’t need tuning because there is nothing wrong with it. The only thing wrong with the DMR is the player that is using it.
>
> Adapt or go play something else.

Dumbest thing I’ve ever read. It dominates up close as well… that’s the issue people have with it. Unless a DMR user against a person using one of the other precision weapons messes up, it will win in close range, and have a good chance winning against automatics as well. The only people who defend it are those who abuse it.

> > > > They said, if you continued to read, that without the ROF nerf for the BR it became too dominant hence why there is a ROF nerf to match the BR to the DMR
> > >
> > > What I’m trying to say is the BR should not be touched in the first place and that the DMR is being ignored because it creates artificial fast paced gameplay.
> >
> > Why shouldn’t the BR not be touched when the DMR can also do the job as well? Last I checked, the DMR was supposed to be great at long range, while the BR was supposed to be great in medium.
> >
> >
> > What theyvare trying to do is keep the closer ranged weapons inaccurate at long range, allowing the DMR to do its job. However, DMRs would lose due to a lower damage output since its rate of damage stays the same, while the others benefit from the closer ranges.
> >
> >
> > In short, they are trying to keep every gun the same when the target is within their range, but slow down when the target is either too far away or another gun shoots faster due to it being closer.
>
> Exactly!
>
> I swear, most of the people on this forum have no idea what different weapons means. I honestly think that they want all the weapons to function exactly the same where the only difference between them all is they look different.

I didn’t say get rid of it, I said a DMR tweak should be their priority right now over the BR. you could think twice before insulting someone else on the forums.

I’m a DMR user and guarantee you, if we were to play Settler or any map that is considered an “open-field”, the only weapon that would dominate the field is the Precision DMR. I like using the DMR, not b/c its OP, but i always liked the CONCEPT of the weapon. It suits me better than the BR

> I’m a DMR user and guarantee you, if we were to play Settler or any map that is considered an “open-field”, the only weapon that would dominate the field is the Precision DMR. Its concept is wat makes it the best, not b/c its OP.

It’s OP alright. The DMR is a nice weapon to have but it is not equal to other loadout weapons and only needs to be aimed close to the head and not at the actual head. The aim assist is so high that when someone runs past me it snaps to them.

> I’m a DMR user and guarantee you, if we were to play Settler or any map that is considered an “open-field”, the only weapon that would dominate the field is the Precision DMR. Its concept is wat makes it the best, not b/c its OP.

The problem being if you played a map like Skyline or Haven it’s still the (second) best gun regardless.

The best weapon being the Lightrifle, which was also never intended for close range.

That’s not what it said.

> > > > > They said, if you continued to read, that without the ROF nerf for the BR it became too dominant hence why there is a ROF nerf to match the BR to the DMR
> > > >
> > > > What I’m trying to say is the BR should not be touched in the first place and that the DMR is being ignored because it creates artificial fast paced gameplay.
> > >
> > > Why shouldn’t the BR not be touched when the DMR can also do the job as well? Last I checked, the DMR was supposed to be great at long range, while the BR was supposed to be great in medium.
> > >
> > >
> > > What theyvare trying to do is keep the closer ranged weapons inaccurate at long range, allowing the DMR to do its job. However, DMRs would lose due to a lower damage output since its rate of damage stays the same, while the others benefit from the closer ranges.
> > >
> > >
> > > In short, they are trying to keep every gun the same when the target is within their range, but slow down when the target is either too far away or another gun shoots faster due to it being closer.
> >
> > Exactly!
> >
> > I swear, most of the people on this forum have no idea what different weapons means. I honestly think that they want all the weapons to function exactly the same where the only difference between them all is they look different.
>
> I didn’t say get rid of it, I said a DMR tweak should be their priority right now over the BR. you could think twice before insulting someone else on the forums.

The only tweak I would ask is for a bullet magnitism nerf to keep it from being spammy outside its range. anything else would probably do more harm than good for weapon balance if players are able to escape easily from long range combat.

I’m all for nerfing the DMR, but only if it is for the right reasons. Currently, it is going to be the slowest gun to walk around a small room with. It shouldn’t be that way in a large open field…unless an AR gets close enough to french kiss it, then biting its tongue out.

> > I’m a DMR user and guarantee you, if we were to play Settler or any map that is considered an “open-field”, the only weapon that would dominate the field is the Precision DMR. Its concept is wat makes it the best, not b/c its OP.
>
> It’s OP alright. The DMR is a nice weapon to have but it is not equal to other loadout weapons and only needs to be aimed close to the head and not at the actual head. The aim assist is so high that when someone runs past me it snaps to them.

TBH, i agree, b/c with the deal regarding Aim Assist, it does make it unfair. Being OP, i could care less. Personally, i don’t even measure how powerful a weapon it. The only powerful weapons i see are Rockets, Fuel Rod, and Incineration.

> > > > > They said, if you continued to read, that without the ROF nerf for the BR it became too dominant hence why there is a ROF nerf to match the BR to the DMR
> > > >
> > > > What I’m trying to say is the BR should not be touched in the first place and that the DMR is being ignored because it creates artificial fast paced gameplay.
> > >
> > > Why shouldn’t the BR not be touched when the DMR can also do the job as well? Last I checked, the DMR was supposed to be great at long range, while the BR was supposed to be great in medium.
> > >
> > >
> > > What theyvare trying to do is keep the closer ranged weapons inaccurate at long range, allowing the DMR to do its job. However, DMRs would lose due to a lower damage output since its rate of damage stays the same, while the others benefit from the closer ranges.
> > >
> > >
> > > In short, they are trying to keep every gun the same when the target is within their range, but slow down when the target is either too far away or another gun shoots faster due to it being closer.
> >
> > Exactly!
> >
> > I swear, most of the people on this forum have no idea what different weapons means. I honestly think that they want all the weapons to function exactly the same where the only difference between them all is they look different.
>
> I didn’t say get rid of it, I said a DMR tweak should be their priority right now over the BR. you could think twice before insulting someone else on the forums.

Just because you disagree with me does not make it ok for you to claim I am insulting anyone. I didn’t insult anyone.

What sickens me more on this forum is that people try to shun the ones that disagree with them. What? I’m not allowed to state my opinion on the matter because it’s different than yours?

So ridiculous.

p.s. All I see in that stupid video is a large hitbox. The same large hitbox that was in every other Halo game.

> > I’m a DMR user and guarantee you, if we were to play Settler or any map that is considered an “open-field”, the only weapon that would dominate the field is the Precision DMR. Its concept is wat makes it the best, not b/c its OP.
>
> The problem being if you played a map like Skyline or Haven it’s still the (second) best gun regardless.
>
> The best weapon being the Lightrifle, which was also never intended for close range.

Indeed, i noticed, cuz i recently played on Skyline and used LR. The way i see it, when it comes to Small or Mid-Sized maps, talking precision, i would choose LR, BR, and CAR. With Large Maps, DMR is the best.

I know for a fact the dmr is OP and that it makes even the worst halo players look like better than average players. Anyone can try this. Just get a friend of yours who has very little experience playing halo for example he or she plays video games but isn’t really into halo. play them 1v1 and give them a dmr while you play with a BR or a LR. Be amazed at how “good” this person is, even though they don’t’ play halo. I’ve done it with plenty of people, many of them had reach and I would destroy them in a dmr fight in that game. between strafing jumping and crouching they wouldn’t even land one shot on me. But in H4 no matter what i do (except for maybe jumping) they will land every one of there shots. It just takes so much of the skill out of the game.

343i making the BR 4 shot isn’t the answer, take the bullet magnetism off (all rifles), reduce the range of the dmr more than “slightly”, and reduce the auto aim strength by a lot. Just bring it back to how the auto aim was in reach. Or between H3 and Reach. I really miss having actual BR and DMR fights.