The bottom of the barrel

343i really has hit their creative ceiling when it comes to names. “Helioskrill”, “dog face”? What?? You can’t honestly tell me both of those don’t sound stupid unless you are of the “new generation” 343i is marketing to. In which case helioskrill is not the actually jumbled mess of syllables but a “cool made up word”. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking this too.

I liked the names of the reach armor…more realistic.

> 2533275021804951;2:
> I liked the names of the reach armor…more realistic.

Is that like a subset based on some of reach’s varyants or something?

i like helioskrill…but i’m also of the “new generation”, so i suppose you’re right. it’s supposed to take helios from sanghelios as the designer is sangheli, but i like the helio part. it reminds me of the greek helio, and i like the -io sound.

more information than you needed about my preferences on the way words sound, but i figured if you’re going to post why you don’t like something, i should rebut with why i do like it (its not all because i’m "new generation). I agree about dog face, though.

Helioskrill’s description states it was made by a Sangheili (Elite) - http://www.halopedia.org/Helioskrill

As for Dogface… one second on Google: Dogface (military) - Wikipedia

It’s a name of an animal from the books.

> 2533274820642782;1:
> 343i really has hit their creative ceiling when it comes to names. “Helioskrill”, “dog face”? What?? You can’t honestly tell me both of those don’t sound stupid unless you are of the “new generation” 343i is marketing to. In which case helioskrill is not the actually jumbled mess of syllables but a “cool made up word”. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking this too.

I have to kinda agree but at the same time what game doesn’t have their fair share of made up items.

Beats the hell out of just calling them Armor 1, Armor 2, Armor 3…etc, but I’m not super concerned by the names; but maybe I’m becoming more relaxed or less caring in my old age lol.

> 2533274840740199;4:
> i like helioskrill…but i’m also of the “new generation”, so i suppose you’re right. it’s supposed to take helios from sanghelios as the designer is sangheli, but i like the helio part. it reminds me of the greek helio, and i like the -io sound.
>
> more information than you needed about my preferences on the way words sound, but i figured if you’re going to post why you don’t like something, i should rebut with why i do like it (its not all because i’m "new generation). I agree about dog face, though.

That does make sense about the helio part from the elite home world. I thought it referred to something about the sun, from the Greek Helios. But still don’t like that name, or no specific armor customization.

I’m really not too keen on searching through the whole arsenal of cookie cutter pre designed armor sets that are available though so will someone look through them all and pick some more silly names so we can discuss? The two I mentioned in my first post were just ones I saw here already

Hayabusa armor, nuff said.

Its a big universe with several different species so it’s fair to say that any made up word is going to fit.

some look weird

> 2533274820642782;1:
> 343i really has hit their creative ceiling when it comes to names. “Helioskrill”, “dog face”? What?? You can’t honestly tell me both of those don’t sound stupid unless you are of the “new generation” 343i is marketing to. In which case helioskrill is not the actually jumbled mess of syllables but a “cool made up word”. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking this too.

> 2533274805095781;6:
> It’s a name of an animal from the books.

Helioskrill is the name of an animal on Sanghelios.
And Dogface refers to the “Soldier” armor set. It’s just a nickname.

> 2533274937184443;10:
> Hayabusa armor, nuff said.

Ok, I haven’t seen it specifically yet but I’m sure if it’s ANYTHING like the H3 variant then I will probably like it. They definitely could have made the katana functional though, like as an assassination of melee weapon, or added a second blade

> 2533274938856878;13:
> > 2533274820642782;1:
> > 343i really has hit their creative ceiling when it comes to names. “Helioskrill”, “dog face”? What?? You can’t honestly tell me both of those don’t sound stupid unless you are of the “new generation” 343i is marketing to. In which case helioskrill is not the actually jumbled mess of syllables but a “cool made up word”. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking this too.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274805095781;6:
> > It’s a name of an animal from the books.
>
>
> Helioskrill is the name of an animal on Sanghelios.
> And Dogface refers to the “Soldier” armor set. It’s just a nickname.

Ok. Well then, it all makes sense. I guess I’ll just have to get used to that name though. But I will not accept dog face though. Seems insulting to dogs of which I have two good looking ones :frowning:

> 2533274820642782;15:
> > 2533274938856878;13:
> > > 2533274820642782;1:
> > > 343i really has hit their creative ceiling when it comes to names. “Helioskrill”, “dog face”? What?? You can’t honestly tell me both of those don’t sound stupid unless you are of the “new generation” 343i is marketing to. In which case helioskrill is not the actually jumbled mess of syllables but a “cool made up word”. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking this too.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274805095781;6:
> > > It’s a name of an animal from the books.
> >
> >
> > Helioskrill is the name of an animal on Sanghelios.
> > And Dogface refers to the “Soldier” armor set. It’s just a nickname.
>
>
> Ok. Well then, it all makes sense. I guess I’ll just have to get used to that name though. But I will not accept dog face though. Seems insulting to dogs of which I have two good looking ones :frowning:

Google Dogface Soldier.

I wish I could embed the “The More You Know” banner here.

The name don’t bother me at all. I just don’t like the looks of the armor and plan never to use it. I like armors that look practical. Meaning, I like armors that look like something that might actually be designed and used some day in the future…streamlined, powerful, dark colored/camo, etc.

Helioskrill is a creature from Sanghelios that imitates a rock when hunting prey, this was used as the basis for an Elite stance that was used by Thel in Cole Protocal while imprisoned in the rubble. So basically this is not the first time we’ve heard of this word and 343i is not the ones who created it.

And Dogface is a military term from WWII

> 2678703528375484;17:
> The name don’t bother me at all. I just don’t like the looks of the armor and plan never to use it. I like armors that look practical. Meaning, I like armors that look like something that might actually be designed and used some day in the future…streamlined, powerful, dark colored/camo, etc.

Oh, right, now that I agree with and is why I liked Reach’s armor sets better.

You sound like me complaining about kids saying “fleek” and “clutch” because those aren’t words, and wearing their ballcaps with the bills all flat and straight because it looks dumb.

So I say “carry on”, sir. Everyone likes hearing grumpy old people complain about things they don’t understand. lol.