The Bottom Line

Longtime forum watcher, first time poster.
I’ve been watching the battle between “Halo 5 will suck all the changes are awful” and “Halo 5 will be a gift from God” be waged endlessly on these forums since I first got on here a few months ago. I would just like to take a moment to remind everyone involved in this conflict of one very simple fact: 343i doesn’t give two -Yoink-s about your opinion on whether sprint is a “necessary evolution in the franchise” or if ADS goes against the spirit of Halo or if the new rocket launcher is iconic. They care about one thing, and one thing only: the bottom line. They were created by Microsoft with the sole purpose of making what was a landmark franchise profitable. Everything they do is done with that end in mind. Argue all you want, but don’t fool yourselves into thinking 343i cares about what a vocal minority of hardcore fans want. They want to sell to masses, and selling to masses is all about implementing gameplay mechanics and visual aesthetics that appeal to the widest range of people possible. Making a game “competitive” or “grounded in its roots” has nothing to do with it.

Making a game competitive has everything to do with it, otherwise they wouldn’t have wasted resources hiring veteran pro players to come in and do consulting on the game and map design. They continue to make the game profitable by making it an enjoyable experience. That being said, you can’t please everyone, so they will go after the largest portion of the target market. Which is the up and coming generation of gamers.

You can take what you want from our opinions, as they are just that, opinions. But don’t blindly put aside the facts of what 343i has also done to try to appease the many sides of it’s audience. If they didn’t care about our opinions, they wouldn’t bother wasting resources on all this extra fluff and fan service. They would just say " Boom, Halo, buy it and s.tf.u."

I agree that 343I wants to sell to the masses.

I disagree that we know who the masses are.

Horrible topic

Obviously they care about feedback otherwise certain changes that have been made wouldn’t have ever happened.

343 does care. Just because they don’t respond to everything or bend to every persons whim doesn’t prove otherwise.

> 2535444206134722;1:
> Longtime forum watcher, first time poster.
> I’ve been watching the battle between “Halo 5 will suck all the changes are awful” and “Halo 5 will be a gift from God” be waged endlessly on these forums since I first got on here a few months ago. I would just like to take a moment to remind everyone involved in this conflict of one very simple fact**: 343i doesn’t give two -Yoink-s about your opinion on whether sprint is a “necessary evolution in the franchise” or if ADS goes against the spirit of Halo or if the new rocket launcher is iconic. They care about one thing, and one thing only: the bottom line.** They were created by Microsoft with the sole purpose of making what was a landmark franchise profitable. Everything they do is done with that end in mind. Argue all you want, but don’t fool yourselves into thinking 343i cares about what a vocal minority of hardcore fans want. They want to sell to masses, and selling to masses is all about implementing gameplay mechanics and visual aesthetics that appeal to the widest range of people possible. Making a game “competitive” or “grounded in its roots” has nothing to do with it.

The changes you see ARE in response to the opinions of the fan base. They’ve hired on an MLG tester group, removed custom loadouts, and a host of other features while adding new ones to work with the wishes and desires of the fanbase.

You’re assumption is flawed.