The Boltshot

Hey everyone, now I’m not sure about you guys but I found myself picking up the Boltshot a few days ago whilst playing Core Play and to my amazement this thing is actually pretty damn good! I started getting kills with it and the funny thing was as I started to use it more I noticed other players picking it up also. I now grab it as soon as I can and ditch my AR in favour of this little wonder. I notice it a lot more on the battlefield now and enjoy its ability, anyone else like me out there? Thoughts?

One of the things that 343i have done well with Halo 5: Guardians is improve the Bolt Shot and the Suppressor. I don’t use it as much as I am a Magnum guy myself but when I do use it there is a noticeable difference between Halo 4’s one and Halo 5’s.

If you hang around a team mate who’s using just a magnum and a br, and you have a boltshot, you two will wreck shop.

If the team mate is using a plasma rifle it can easily be game over for the other team.

Fun fact, the bolts travel faster, and in a straighter line if you smart link.

I’d grab it now and then but I prefer using the AR just for (funny as it sounds) my side weapon

> 2533274809226598;2:
> One of the things that 343i have done well with Halo 5: Guardians is improve the Bolt Shot and the Suppressor. I don’t use it as much as I am a Magnum guy myself but when I do use it there is a noticeable difference between Halo 4’s one and Halo 5’s.

I agree with this. Both the Bolt Shot and Suppressor are extremely useful and certainly the bolt shot. I used it as often a I can.

Same can be said for the Light Rifle. In Arena in can really sway the battle in the right hands.

In Core Play I usually hold onto my AR but in Team Arena I’ll pick up the Boltshot to have as a secondary. I’ll tell you what, if someone burns their thrust early they will not evade those hardlight projectiles. You can really catch people off guard.

It’s definitely a lethal weapon if you know how to use it. I think part of its appeal is that it takes opponents off guard, because most people overlook it

> 2695457991280734;5:
> > 2533274809226598;2:
> > One of the things that 343i have done well with Halo 5: Guardians is improve the Bolt Shot and the Suppressor. I don’t use it as much as I am a Magnum guy myself but when I do use it there is a noticeable difference between Halo 4’s one and Halo 5’s.
>
> I agree with this. Both the Bolt Shot and Suppressor are extremely useful and certainly the bolt shot. I used it as often a I can.
>
> Same can be said for the Light Rifle. In Arena in can really sway the battle in the right hands.

Amen. I will go out of my way to pick up a Light Rifle. In the right situation it is an absolute beast.

I agree OP even in highly competitive games I’ve picked it up from time to time it’s especially useful on Collesium CTF if you are defending your flag, catches plenty of people off guard and like NightClerk said if someone already uses up their thrust the only way they can kill you is with a perfect kill with the magnum.

> 2614366390849210;3:
> If you hang around a team mate who’s using just a magnum and a br, and you have a boltshot, you two will wreck shop.
>
> If the team mate is using a plasma rifle it can easily be game over for the other team.
>
> Fun fact, the bolts travel faster, and in a straighter line if you smart link.

I did not know this, thanks for the hot tip! I’ll be trying this out in matchmaking for sure.

> 2535448706146827;8:
> > 2695457991280734;5:
> > > 2533274809226598;2:
> > > One of the things that 343i have done well with Halo 5: Guardians is improve the Bolt Shot and the Suppressor. I don’t use it as much as I am a Magnum guy myself but when I do use it there is a noticeable difference between Halo 4’s one and Halo 5’s.
> >
> > I agree with this. Both the Bolt Shot and Suppressor are extremely useful and certainly the bolt shot. I used it as often a I can.
> >
> > Same can be said for the Light Rifle. In Arena in can really sway the battle in the right hands.
>
> Amen. I will go out of my way to pick up a Light Rifle. In the right situation it is an absolute beast.

Thanks for the info, I’ll be trying the Light Rifle now!

> 2535448706146827;10:
> > 2614366390849210;3:
> > If you hang around a team mate who’s using just a magnum and a br, and you have a boltshot, you two will wreck shop.
> >
> > If the team mate is using a plasma rifle it can easily be game over for the other team.
> >
> > Fun fact, the bolts travel faster, and in a straighter line if you smart link.
>
> I did not know this, thanks for the hot tip! I’ll be trying this out in matchmaking for sure.

knowing this gives your extra versatility in firefights if you can actually act on it.

Not using smart link can actually send the bolt shots slightly around cover if you aim right. And aiming down the sights can dominate enemies who are in the pen and just trying to strafe and boost side-to-side.

If you play warzone you can see a significant difference between the two if you use the closed first and open hand. Open hand is almost better without smart link, just like the dying star.