The Boltshot Needs Balanced

It’s been quite a while now and we still have a pistol that instant kill at the same range as the shotgun. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s sick of people camping and then using it or fire it last second when they are clearly going to be killed otherwise. It’s hard to expect a death from the gun since it’s a pistol and you can’t tell the guy has a boltshot most times until it’s within shotgun range and by that time you’re dead.

Please 343 fix this guns range. It should only instant kill at near melee range.

Since the forum may portray me as a noob who’s an idiot. I am level 59.

I don’t see the problem. From my experience, I can shoot a 1 hit kill with a shotgun from a farther distance. I might add that the boltshot needs to power up while the shotguns shoot faster. If you got the skill (Or you may call it luck), you can easily take out a boltshot user.

Your level, trueskill and KDR mean nothing here.

This thread has been done to death hundreds of times. Everyone but a few kids relying on it agree the Boltshot needs some level of modification, though the extent to these modificiations varies from making it a power weapon instead of a loadout weapon to tweaking the damage, fire rate and range of its different fire modes.

If 343i is going to rebalance weapons, they’ve gotten all the input in the world by now. If they don’t intend on balancing it, they won’t.

> It’s been quite a while now and we still have a pistol that instant kill at the same range as the shotgun. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s sick of people camping and then using it or fire it last second when they are clearly going to be killed otherwise. It’s hard to expect a death from the gun since it’s a pistol and you can’t tell the guy has a boltshot most times until it’s within shotgun range and by that time you’re dead.
>
> Please 343 fix this guns range. It should only instant kill at near melee range.
>
> Since the forum may portray me as a noob who’s an idiot. I am level 59.

The saying goes: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Yes the Boltshot is a OSK weapon with a range longer than a shotgun. But what EVERYONE likes to forget and/or disregard is every single downside the weapon has with it at the same time.

> Everyone but a few kids relying on it agree the Boltshot

>Doesn’t use Boltshot.
>Doesn’t want Boltshot nerfed.
>Doesn’t die to Boltshot users.

Your move.

Also: Balance by whoever screams the loudest is a horrible idea. It’s partly why RE6 turned out to be a steaming pile. Because the developers actually listened to the community.

> Your level, trueskill and KDR mean nothing here.
>
> This thread has been done to death hundreds of times. Everyone but a few kids relying on it agree the Boltshot needs some level of modification, though the extent to these modificiations varies from making it a power weapon instead of a loadout weapon to tweaking the damage, fire rate and range of its different fire modes.
>
> If 343i is going to rebalance weapons, they’ve gotten all the input in the world by now. If they don’t intend on balancing it, they won’t.

Ahahaha, you may have me mistaken. I only state what an average player can do. I have no exceptional skill above an average Halo 4 player. I have my luck games and my skill games and then there are the games where a team mops the floor with me 5 games in a row. I only state that all these over powered guns don’t need a tweak if you know how to avoid them.

nerf it.