The Boltshot... i Finally understand.

I thought this secondary was a waste of my time because shooting it was really weak and the shotgun mode thing was pretty dumb cus everyone else melees and uses ranged weapons.

I WAS WRONG. i was playing a game of regicide and i ran out of ammo for my dmr and a suppressor that i picked up cus my plasma pistol was useless against hordes of people trying to kill you. anyways i started running away cus no ammo and i came across the boltshot. i thought to myself and said. yoink it i have no choice. So i picked it up and started getting overkills and a running riot. I came across more ammo and killed more players.

Its pretty over powered considering that you can fire it twice and have such a fast reload time. i had over 30 kills with 4 deaths cus of that gun. i hid in the corners with promethean vision and BAM kills kills kills kills.

i think i have a solution to the bolt shot problem. Instead of shooting five bullets when using the shotgun feature make it use only 7 that way you cant use it twice or the second shot wont be as strong. Make the range shorter like to get an instant kill you have to be like 1 yard away (3 feet). Another solution is make the cooldown longer. or make it have less bullets like the needler since its over powered.

Whats your opinion on this gun. do you hate it? do you love it? give a good reason. 343 you are welcome to answer assuming that you play your own game.

No problems with it. It’s just not that big a deal. The only annoying thing is the screen lag you get so it looks like they kill you from a long way around or instantly charge it.

Sounds like it make the gun more balanced.

It is OP.

Secondary fire on the boltshot would be less OP if it was like the charged shot function of a plasma pistol. If it dropped shields it would be fine, plus the fact that its primary fire is respectable enough to be worthy as a secondary weapon. Given this second half and the lack of EMP technology in Promethean weapons, I’d say it wouldn’t need the EMP effect either.

I love killing dudes with the primary fire of that thing. It’s kind of hilarious since most people expect the minishotgun, backpedal and take ten bullets to the face.

It’s way too weak. Needs to be beefed up.

> It’s way too weak. Needs to be beefed up.

No.

Just no.

> No problems with it. It’s just not that big a deal. The only annoying thing is the screen lag you get so it looks like they kill you from a long way around or instantly charge it.

Its so balanced. /sarcasm

It’s either the BS or Plasma pistol 4 me.

I HATE THE BOLTSHOT it so op its stupid they should just make the scattershot a secondary. i do like the solution you came up with though.

They need to loosen up the spread so its easier to hit someone, preferable the hit box of my screen

> > It’s way too weak. Needs to be beefed up.
>
> They need to loosen up the spread so its easier to hit someone, preferable the hit box of my screen

I know right? And the range is -Yoink-. I should be able to hit someone AT LEAST 150m away with it.

…Good god I think this is how the conversation over at 343 went when they were statting the DMR.

…and the bullets should explode on impact.

it really only seems overpowered when someone camps in a corner with it ( no offence) but the range balances that and the person will be open due to the recoil

OP doesn’t even have a Running Riot medal.

Shens are being called on entire post now.

I thought the battle rifle was a waste of my time because of the DMR.

I WAS WRONG. i was playing a game of regicide and i ran out of ammo for my dmr and a suppressor that i picked up cus my plasma pistol was useless against hordes of people trying to kill you. anyways i started running away cus no ammo and i came across the Battle Rifle. i thought to myself and said. yoink it i have no choice. So i picked it up and started getting overkills and a running riot. I came across more ammo and killed more players.

Oh, by the way, all of these people that I were killing were using the boltshot, assault rifle, suppressor, the shotgun, and other close quarter combat weapons across the map from me, and I was just destroying them all with my BR! My BR even beat shotguns!

Its pretty over powered! kills kills kills kills!

My point is that the boltshot is great in it’s range, and if the enemy plays into that range and into running around a corner into your face. Or, if they see you charging it up and still let you get the shot off at close range. The game is balanced the same was rock paper scissors is balanced…think about it.