The Boltshot... -__-

Okay, who was the genius in 343i who thought that it would be a good idea to make a pistol just as powerful as a shotgun? I don’t really understand how anyone could possibly consider this to be a good idea for a weapon.

The Boltshot needs to be either nerfed or taken out of the custom loadouts, because that weapon is just ridiculous in it’s current state. No one should be able to start off with a shotgun.

I agree with this 110%. Either reduce the power to just be able to drop shields, or reduce its effective range. Something please 343i, nerf that gun!

Makes the actual shotgun and Sword useless, and breaks gameplay as well.

Who wouldn’t agree with this?
Make Boltshot charged shot to use an entire clip, make reload even longer, and like you said before, make it take out shields only/ after half shields are gone it may kill you. Any combo of these things would make bolt shot deaths bearable.
Definitely reduce the range too.

Love it when you get a kill with it. HATE it when it kills you.

It should be like the Mauler: can’t one shot kill, just opens up the player for a melee kill.

> It should be like the Mauler: can’t one shot kill, just opens up the player for a melee kill.

No it shouldn’t be able to be spawned with otherwise it will continue to be the noob combo for H4

i agree 100%. longer charge/ reload, more ammo used per shot, shorter range, all of these should be implemented, as well as something that makes you more visible when charging, perhaps like if they showed up even behind a wall when they were charging it…

Guys, it’s here to stay. We just need to get used to it.

And honestly, how often do you die to it per game? Once, twice? Now compare that to how often you get killed by DMR or frags. Boltshot is an annoying gun to face in certain situations and when you’re unprepared, but it’s not really a game-changer.

There is a reason why the Boltshots acronym is BS. Argh… Can’t stand it…

> Guys, it’s here to stay. We just need to get used to it.
>
> And honestly, how often do you die to it per game? Once, twice? Now compare that to how often you get killed by DMR or frags. Boltshot is an annoying gun to face in certain situations and when you’re unprepared, but it’s not really a game-changer.

So you’re in a battle with an enemy. You out DMR him and he runs for cover. You say “He has no shields nor melee weapon, so I’m just gonna melee him while he’s around this corner.” FLOCKA!! BANG!! PEWP!! “DANG MAN!! These freakin Boltshots dude!!” Your strategy was to melee him while his shields were down, changing the outcome of the battle, so the boltshot is a game changer.

You later send him a message saying “Why you have to use a boltshot you stupid boy?!?!”

> Love it when you get a kill with it. HATE it when it kills you.

I refuse to use it. It’s cheesy.

> Okay, who was the genius in 343i who thought that it would be a good idea to make a pistol just as powerful as a shotgun? I don’t really understand how anyone could possibly consider this to be a good idea for a weapon.
>
> The Boltshot needs to be either nerfed or taken out of the custom loadouts, because that weapon is just ridiculous in it’s current state. No one should be able to start off with a shotgun.

or they could make it an ordanace hell its just like one

>
> And honestly, how often do you die to it per game? Once, twice?

If it were only once or twice, would anyone be here talking about it? It’s often.

there’s alot of rage for this gun on here, but in my experiance and listening to friends rage the BS is not that bad. you don’t actually die from it that often, and it takes some skill to use. when i use it, it’s almost 100% against the same kind of player, either some AR guy running at you with no brain or used to counter someone else using the BS

on the other hand frag spam, DMR on large maps and stickies have been the main foccuss of rage for myself and my halo 4 friends, and these take less skill to use than the BS (DMR with aim assist), or none at all (tossing 3 frags/suicide stickies). stickies are the most frustrating for my group, because of noob suiciders and how they destroy vehicle play (rip hog).

No, we don’t need to get used to people spawning with shotguns. Put it in ordnance drops, or nerf it.

> And honestly, how often do you die to it per game? Once, twice? Now compare that to how often you get killed by DMR or frags. Boltshot is an annoying gun to face in certain situations and when you’re unprepared, but it’s not really a game-changer.

It seems like it’s the secondary weapon of choice for most players. Every match you’ll have people falling back on that thing as a crutch due to their lack of skill. It needs to stop.

> there’s alot of rage for this gun on here, but in my experiance and listening to friends rage the BS is not that bad. you don’t actually die from it that often, and it takes some skill to use. when i use it, it’s almost 100% against the same kind of player, either some AR guy running at you with no brain or used to counter someone else using the BS
>
> on the other hand frag spam, DMR on large maps and stickies have been the main foccuss of rage for myself and my halo 4 friends, and these take less skill to use than the BS (DMR with aim assist), or none at all (tossing 3 frags/suicide stickies). stickies are the most frustrating for my group, because of noob suiciders and how they destroy vehicle play (rip hog).

You’re minimizing a lot of players’ frustration, basically saying, “you’re wrong.” We’re not wrong. It’s a big issue. Let me tell you why:

Halo was about aggression, shooting leading up to a melee encounter. A shotgun was a trump card, but it wasn’t common. Now, the Boltshot requires everyone to stay back and fight from mid-range. It penalizes aggressive play, which was Halo. Add invis, and a corner crouch, and you have the ability to rack up cheap kills. Boltshot isn’t hard to use, either. It’s a gimmie gun.

The stuff you’re complaining about, on the other hand, is basic Halo. Frag spam? It’s been in Halo for years. It’s part of the game. Stickies? Same thing.

No one is against a shotgun-type weapon, even a pistol. We’re against it being handed out as a spawn weapon, which means, every time you respawn, you get a fresh ammo supply.

> So you’re in a battle with an enemy. You out DMR him and he runs for cover. You say “He has no shields nor melee weapon, so I’m just gonna melee him while he’s around this corner.” FLOCKA!! BANG!! PEWP!! “DANG MAN!! These freakin Boltshots dude!!”
>
> You later send him a message saying “Why you have to use a boltshot you stupid boy?!?!”

Well, I’d say it’s silly to run around a corner blindly in general. Do that and you can expect to tread on a grenade at the very least.

> > So you’re in a battle with an enemy. You out DMR him and he runs for cover. You say “He has no shields nor melee weapon, so I’m just gonna melee him while he’s around this corner.” FLOCKA!! BANG!! PEWP!! “DANG MAN!! These freakin Boltshots dude!!”
> >
> > You later send him a message saying “Why you have to use a boltshot you stupid boy?!?!”
>
> Well, I’d say it’s silly to run around a corner blindly in general. Do that and you can expect to tread on a grenade at the very least.

Do you really think it’s possible to crawl around every corner in Halo? Your advice is nonsensical. Sure, be careful, etc. But to play the game, you have to take corners and not know what’s around it. Come on, now.

It doesn’t need to be nerfed. It just needs to be a somewhat rare ordinance weapon alongside the needler and concussion rifle.