The biggest question burning everyone's minds

Alright, so Bungie left after Reach, that’s established. That means Anniversary came AFTER Reach, thus 343 made it. Established. Well, If 343 did such a kick A job at it, why can’t they do it again? The entire community has been waiting for a Halo 2 remake FOR YEARS! H2 in many opinion, mine included, had the best MP, game flow, good weapons, an epic campaign, and most important of all… DUAL WIELDING NEEDLERS! So the question: will 343 ever jump on the community’s bandwagon, and give us a Halo 2.5? Keeping all the good stuff, including MP, but revamping it a little (not that it would need as much as H1).

What’s the Halo Community’s opinion? Bring back the old times, or let them make another disaster (H4 ish)
Vote and/or provide an opinion!

Here’s the problem - Halo CE Anniversary was a remake of the Campaign and offered some multiplayer maps that were put into Halo Reach matchmaking.

Now, I don’t know about you, but I really don’t want “Halo 2 Anniv” to become a “we just remade campaign, and we’re just going to throw in some multiplayer maps in Halo 4 matchmaking”.

The reasons most of us claim Halo 2 was amazing was because of the campaign, but because of the weapon sandbox. The ranking system, dual wielding, gametypes like territories, classic flag settings, the clan features the classic gameplay that went with it. Halo 2 doesn’t have perks, sprint, armor abilities, bloom, join in progress, ordinance drops and all those things added to Halo 4.

Would I like to see Halo 2 anniversary? Absolutely. But if we’re just going to get a campaign with the multiplayer just from Halo 4 matchmaking, I don’t want it.

This not burning in my mind. If I remember correctly, Halo 2 was a ‘steaming turd of failure’- Bungie.

> This not burning in my mind. If I remember correctly, Halo 2 was a ‘steaming turd of failure’- Bungie.

Got a quote from Bungie itself about the steaming turd or did that also come out of your butt? One guy from Bungie said it was not as good as they wanted because of being rushed and H2 haters like yourself bring that up ad nauseam.

So no, you do not remember correctly, your memory is selective according to your own preference.

I agree with Spawnling on this.

I didn’t vote because a no can be interpreted differently. I say no because I don’t want 343 doing what they did to CEA. The people who hate H2 will also say no and I’m never in league with trolls.

Halo 2’s story I felt was better than 3’s, but not as good as Halo. Now this might just be nostalgia talking, but Halo:CE set the bar real high for campaign.

> The entire community has been waiting for a Halo 2 remake FOR YEARS!

Not true, I have no desire in a remake.

I have Halo 2 PC which keeps me happy, I rather 343 works up Halo 5 and updating 4 while providing basic support for Reach.

> This not burning in my mind. If I remember correctly, Halo 2 was a ‘steaming turd of failure’- Bungie.

That quote sounds like a “steaming turd of lies”. When did Bungie ever say that?

Honestly, they don’t even have to remaster it. Just release the original for all I care.
Come out with the nextbox and make it available for download so I can play the original MP.

I would love a remaster of the whole game, but honestly I don’t care. Just let me play again.

> > The entire community has been waiting for a Halo 2 remake FOR YEARS!
>
> Not true, I have no desire in a remake.
>
> I have Halo 2 PC which keeps me happy, I rather 343 works up Halo 5 and updating 4 while providing basic support for Reach.

Yeah its alot of fun to play Halo 2 Vista.
Its only a little bit laggy when people join the game.
But its cool.

I´m just wondering why it has a very low population.

I wish more people would play Halo2 online.

I’d love to play the Campaign with entirely new graphics. Halo 2 was the best game in the series, in my opinion, and I’d look forward to it more than Halo 5. I hope 343i considers making Halo 2 Anniversary.

Hope they do really enjoyed halo 2 campaign.didnt get to play halo 2 online that much.