The biggest problem with Spartan Ops...

There is no penalty for dying. There needs to be a life system or a checkpoint system or something. Completing a chapter on legendary needs to be something to be proud of. Not something everyone can easily complete if they have enough friends or time on there hands.

agreed

but My problem is that the missions do not reflect what my IRL spartan would accomplish in the real halo universe

not too much of a problem, but it’s something that doesn’t let me enjoy SPops to its fullest potential

life systems are for firefight and since its spartan ops then deal what we have mate.

> agreed
>
>
>
> but My problem is that the missions do not reflect what my IRL spartan would accomplish in the real halo universe
>
> not too much of a problem, but it’s something that doesn’t let me enjoy SPops to its fullest potential

They can’t create an entire campaign every week. This is better than Reach FF because the levels are different most of the time. But it still suffers as Reach FF did because there is no life system. Just endless dying until completed.

I have mentioned in threads before about point deductions for deaths but people quickly dismissed it due to often terrible respawns.

I still think its a good idea, checkpoints are ok but if it’s similar checkpoint spacing to the campaign then it would be extremely difficult on legendary solo. To be fair, saying it would be extremely difficult would be a massive understatement.

Now that matchmaking is set to legendary difficulty it kinda gets on my nerves when the other members of your team have 12 kills and 50 deaths but they get roughly the same points as I do.

Although there is no incentive to stay alive, I still try and I wish there were an incentive.