The biggest disappointment about warzone

The team that gets the kill for the boss is whoever gets the last shot instead of the team that does the most damage so there is literally no reason to waste your ammo until the boss has a tiny sliver of health left. It completely ruins the game when half your team is surrounding a boss with tanks and bansees and no opposing player in sight then all of the sudden you see the other team gets +100 or +200 and the lead because the enemy BR sniped the boss at 1 health.

Oh, that. You know 343 has known about this since the first update and they think it’s funny, right?

> 2533274840836213;1:
> The team that gets the kill for the boss is whoever gets the last shot instead of the team that does the most damage so there is literally no reason to waste your ammo until the boss has a tiny sliver of health left. It completely ruins the game when half your team is surrounding a boss with tanks and bansees and no opposing player in sight then all of the sudden you see the other team gets +100 or +200 and the lead because the enemy BR sniped the boss at.

people complain about this since the beginning, but its not even an issue. learn how to get which boss and get some of your friends and controll the area, dont just blindly shoot the boss and think it should be yours cause you but a lot of bullets in it.

> 2535405116054664;2:
> Oh, that. You know 343 has known about this since the first update and they think it’s funny, right?

Sadly, that doesnt surprise me the more familiar I become with 343. Its a shame the way they treat Halo fans. Bungie did all the work to amass millions of fans and Microsoft is going to to keep Halo alive no matter what since its their main exclusive so 343 knows they dont have to do anything besids pump out Halo games without any concern for who buys them.

> 2533274858107992;3:
> > 2533274840836213;1:
> > The team that gets the kill for the boss is whoever gets the last shot instead of the team that does the most damage so there is literally no reason to waste your ammo until the boss has a tiny sliver of health left. It completely ruins the game when half your team is surrounding a boss with tanks and bansees and no opposing player in sight then all of the sudden you see the other team gets +100 or +200 and the lead because the enemy BR sniped the boss at.
>
> people complain about this since the beginning, but its not even an issue. learn how to get which boss and get some of your friends and controll the area, dont just blindly shoot the boss and think it should be yours cause you but a lot of bullets in it.

Obviously. Even when youre playing a game of slayer you need to control certain areas of the map. However, even if you decide to go into warzone with 5 friends you still wont be able to control the middle of a wide open street on Urban where the boss is standing, especially when there are multiple snipers 500ft away. So youre saying to only shoot Bosses that are one shot similar to a FFA strategy, but that would bring the game to a standstill if both teams did that. You can argue that its ok how it is but you cant deny it would be better if both teams rushed the boss with their strongest attacks as soon as it spawned instead of half the players on each team waiting to steal a kill.

Sorry but I love it the way it is. I am glad bosses can be stolen that way. It gives you hope when your team starts to fall behind. I know that me being able to steal a boss has turned the tide of games before.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> Sorry but I love it the way it is. I am glad bosses can be stolen that way. It gives you hope when your team starts to fall behind. I know that me being able to steal a boss has turned the tide of games before.

That’s my point. You have the lead and your whole team is around the boss setup to kill it then against all odds someone steals 200 points from you and you end up losing by 30 points. It’s alot worse when you fought hard for 20 minutes and lose in the last second than when youve accepted you lost and all the sudden are suprised with a win.

I guess that’s the problem with warzone is if the game is close it comes down to a coin toss over who gets the last shot on the final boss. Then again thats better than when halfway through the game one team is already winning by a few hundred and you know the next 10 minutes are pointless

> 2535405116054664;2:
> Oh, that. You know 343 has known about this since the first update and they think it’s funny, right?

LOL, I remember that one. I saw that while waiting for a Halo Channel video to play, and I thought that was funny. If only I knew…

> 2535405116054664;2:
> Oh, that. You know 343 has known about this since the first update and they think it’s funny, right?

I mean the video only further shows the player’s mistake.

They have a Mantis, a Phaeton, and 1-2 guys all on the Warden, no one paying attention to the one guy sitting 5 feet away. If the guy on foot attacked the lone red guy, then the red guy wold have no clear shot on Warden, and the Blue team would still be outputting roughly the same level of damage on Warden.

The game is just as much “Defeat the boss” as is “Prevent the other team from defeating the boss”

> 2533274840836213;1:
> The team that gets the kill for the boss is whoever gets the last shot instead of the team that does the most damage so there is literally no reason to waste your ammo until the boss has a tiny sliver of health left. It completely ruins the game when half your team is surrounding a boss with tanks and bansees and no opposing player in sight then all of the sudden you see the other team gets +100 or +200 and the lead because the enemy BR sniped the boss at 1 health.

I feel like that is mainly because the bosses are out of the way. You will fight them if you are forced.
There are some great bosses because they are always in the center of the battle.

  • Mythic Boss in Raid on Apex 7. - Mantis Legendary boss in Skirmish at Darkstar - Mythic Boss in Battle of Noctus

I have gotten the kill for the last shot, literally one shot with a DMR is all I fired, and the kill after putting in a lot of damage and dying before the take-down. I don’t know how it works, it’s a mystery and all we have are theories. Like what happened to Lord Lucan.

> 2533274882108474;10:
> I have gotten the kill for the last shot, literally one shot with a DMR is all I fired, and the kill after putting in a lot of damage and dying before the take-down. I don’t know how it works, it’s a mystery and all we have are theories. Like what happened to Lord Lucan.

you get the “kill” ribbon, for doing a total of 1 percent of damage to the boss before it is taken down.

you get the plus 100 towards team score, if you put the last bullet in.

why is this still being cried about? warzone is based off of moba gameplay, last hitting bosses (I.E baron which is leagues warden) is part of the game, yes a team can do 99 percent of the damage, and if the enemy puts the last hit in, guess what, the 1 percent is what actually KILLED the boss. so that team is rewarded accordingly.

get over it, or don’t play the game mode, that “partial credit” idea that has been floating around since day one, is dumb. and takes away from the meaning of boss securing

The problem with it is this…

IF the other team does 51% damage… then what happens?.. they win even if the boss is at 49% health. The other team at that point would just give up with the boss.

Both are a bit problematic, but saying the last shot is bad is looking at it in a narrow view.

> 2533274840836213;1:
> The team that gets the kill for the boss is whoever gets the last shot instead of the team that does the most damage so there is literally no reason to waste your ammo until the boss has a tiny sliver of health left. It completely ruins the game when half your team is surrounding a boss with tanks and bansees and no opposing player in sight then all of the sudden you see the other team gets +100 or +200 and the lead because the enemy BR sniped the boss at 1 health.

I agree…this definitely needs to be looked into more.

no the biggest disappointment is that they murdered BTB for it.

hahahahhahahahahahahhaha

Whats still dissapointing is teams who decide “We’re not going to do 12-man fireteams because it’ll be too much hassle to fight another team. I know! Lets still do 6-man fireteams and still ruin everyones else’s fun”

Absolutely ridiculous. Create a solo warzone!!!

> 2533274925892496;13:
> The problem with it is this…
>
> IF the other team does 51% damage… then what happens?.. they win even if the boss is at 49% health. The other team at that point would just give up with the boss.
>
> Both are a bit problematic, but saying the last shot is bad is looking at it in a narrow view.

The only way for that scenario to occur is if an entire team avoided going for the boss until it was at half health, which is highly unlikely even if most of the team is camping or trying to take a base. The 100+ and 200+ bosses can take a couple minutes of shooting before they get to half health so the other team would be rightfully punished for ignoring the objective that long. Of course a team could reach 51% damage done while the boss still has a quarter of it’s health left and the other team would be unknowingly wasting their time continuing to shoot it, but once again they should have gone for the objective faster. If one team saw the boss was already weak because they were too slow, go for one or two base captures instead of fighting it. Strategy would come into play more.

> 2533274840836213;18:
> > 2533274925892496;13:
> > The problem with it is this…
> >
> > IF the other team does 51% damage… then what happens?.. they win even if the boss is at 49% health. The other team at that point would just give up with the boss.
> >
> > Both are a bit problematic, but saying the last shot is bad is looking at it in a narrow view.
>
> The only way for that scenario to occur is if an entire team avoided going for the boss until it was at half health, which is highly unlikely even if most of the team is camping or trying to take a base. The 100+ and 200+ bosses can take a couple minutes of shooting before they get to half health so the other team would be rightfully punished for ignoring the objective that long. Of course a team could reach 51% damage done while the boss still has a quarter of it’s health left and the other team would be unknowingly wasting their time continuing to shoot it, but once again they should have gone for the objective faster. If one team saw the boss was already weak because they were too slow, go for one or two base captures instead of fighting it. Strategy would come into play more.

It’s not unlikely for a whole team to do significant damage to the boss before a team takes out at least 51% of their health.

But if one team takes out 51% of their health and the other team is unknowingly fighting back, why would they waste ammo on it? They can just leave and go capture bases while the other team is wasting time on the boss only for it to not benefit them whatsoever. Whenever its dead, the first team gets the points and gains a bigger lead.

The objective is to kill the boss, not “do a majority of damage to the boss.” The fact that the other team managed to kill a boss when it was at 1% health means they completed the objective and you didn’t.

Yea that’s me tbh I’ll wait with a sniper and once he has a tiny but lift shoot him.