The Beta looked much better

Well, IMO the beta looked much better, spartans, elites, weapons, well everything really. I wish that 343i COULD make Reach look like the Beta, but it’s probably impossible to do. Anyone else think the Beta look better than the full game? D:

> Well, IMO the beta looked much better, spartans, elites, weapons, well everything really. I wish that 343i COULD make Reach look like the Beta, but it’s probably impossible to do. Anyone else think the Beta look better than the full game? D:

Looked? No. Played? Yes.

I liked my awesome Plasma Launcher that could actually kill people at a decent speed.

I just liked the look of it better xD, and the invasion, green vs purple was better than red vs blue -.-

But I agree it did play better also

The only thing I miss from the beta is generator defense. Quite honestly, I thought Halo Reach is a fairly good game. It may not be the best, but I’m not disappointed with how it turned out.

gen defense is an abomination in my opinion.

> I thought Halo Reach is a fairly good game. It may not be the best, but I’m not disappointed with how it turned out.

Put that on B.net and you will get troll’d like no tomorrow, but I like Reach, I don’t see what everyone’s problem is with it, they want it to be like Halo 3, why don’t they just play halo 3

Wasn’t the bloom of the DMR less…uh… -Yoink- too? Bring back the Beta, baby!

> Wasn’t the bloom of the DMR less…uh… Yoink! too? Bring back the Beta, baby!

The Pistol, when used skillfully, could defeat AR rushers as well. Bring back the Beta, baby!

> The Pistol, when used skillfully, could defeat AR rushers as well. Bring back the Beta, baby!

I love you

Let’s be friends, best friends.

I liked the Green vs Purple of beta Invasion, but the game definitely didn’t look better, but at least played somewhat better (although there were some pretty major problems that I couldn’t stand, like the longer lasting Armor Lock.

See guys!? Do you see how nostalgia can effect someone’s decision of quality? This isn’t even the type of, “First Xbox gaming experience ever” type of nostalgia, this is just last year’s beta nostalgia.

1. You could use Armor Lock up to 13+ times in a single charge.

Notice the threads of Armor Lock… Needs no explanation.

1. The grenades were even stronger.

Notice the mininuke grenade comments constantly popping up…

There are plenty of examples, but these are the 2 major ones. If you think the beta ran in any way, shape or form better than the final game, you are letting nostalgia take complete hold of your viewpoints and guiding how you think completely.

Well, except for the Invasion colors… I wouldn’t have even noticed if forum people didn’t complain about it, but it’s being used as sort of a scapegoat to attempt to trash on Halo: Reach repeatedly.

Looks like the discussion strayed from the looks of the beta.

Well I can say…the game seemed smoother, as if transitioned better from the last frame to the next. Maybe less frame blending or more flame blending? Internal software refresh rate? Dunno.

The Spartan models looked a lot better, more details, I don’t recall as much real time reflection in the visor however.

The colors in the beta for your Spartan were better also, crimson was crimson, really deep red, you had BLACK, tactical green and was tactical green, and I think your secondary and primary blended together on the model better.

Lastly, the pose of your Spartan in the lobby was more heroic. Lol.

Edit, oh, Invasion colors, duh.

And everything else final game looked better. Maps compared to beta, look better.

Stop talking about gameplay.

> See guys!? Do you see how nostalgia can effect someone’s decision of quality? This isn’t even the type of, “First Xbox gaming experience ever” type of nostalgia, this is just last year’s beta nostalgia.
>
> 1. You could use Armor Lock up to 13+ times in a single charge.
>
> Notice the threads of Armor Lock… Needs no explanation.
>
> 2. The grenades were even stronger.
>
> Notice the mininuke grenade comments constantly popping up…
>
> There are plenty of examples, but these are the 2 major ones. If you think the beta ran in any way, shape or form better than the final game, you are letting nostalgia take complete hold of your viewpoints and guiding how you think completely.
>
> Well, except for the Invasion colors… I wouldn’t have even noticed if forum people didn’t complain about it, but it’s being used as sort of a scapegoat to attempt to trash on Halo: Reach repeatedly.

Opinions are entitled to my friend

> Opinions are entitled to my friend

It’s not an opinion… What I said were facts.

Armor Lock and the grenades were substantially stronger in the beta and had to be toned down by a HUGE degree for the final release.

You are being blinded by your own nostalgia.

If Armor Lock and the grenades aren’t really a big deal, well go tell the Halo: Reach trolls that. They will tear you a new one and more.

> > Opinions are entitled to my friend
>
> It’s not an opinion… What I said were facts.
>
> Armor Lock and the grenades were substantially stronger in the beta and had to be toned down by a HUGE degree for the final release.
>
> You are being blinded by your own nostalgia.
>
> If Armor Lock and the grenades aren’t really a big deal, well go tell the Halo: Reach trolls that. They will tear you a new one and more.

Armor lock is my primary weapon

> Armor lock is my primary weapon

Ok… What’s your point?

Even the looks of the game were substantially worse… the beta had so much ghosting it wasn’t even funny. It was fixed completely for the final game.

The game didn’t look or play better from a logical standpoint.

BUT, if you enjoy overpowered grenades and the significantly stronger Armor Lock, then that’s fine. And if you enjoyed the frames blurring together to make some sort of weird double image, that’s fine too.

But from a logical standpoint that most, if not all, people can agree with is that the beta ran worse than the final game.

Nostalgia is clouding your judgement to a pretty hefty degree.

Oh yes, all those bugs and stuff definitely made the beta better than the final release.