The beta is pushing 4v4 gameplay..where's BTB

Don’t get me wrong, I love 4v4, I like FFA. But my question is where is BTB and is it even going to be in the beta or just internal testing? I get that 343 is pushing 4v4 style gameplay but don’t only adhere to that playstyle.

Yeah, I’m pretty much exclusively BTB these days, so this crazy serious 4 on 4 hyper competitive stuff is a bit of a nightmare for me too.

No BTB for the beta, but it’ll come in time. All in time…

This is very specifically called the Arena Multiplayer Beta, which strongly implies to me that there could very well be plans for something else down the line. I hope that is what they’re doing. BTB has a a bigger and more complex sandbox (vehicles alone ensure that), so it makes sense to me to start with a public test on the smaller scale first before moving on to bigger things.

while i’m a competitive 4v4 player, i also belong to the small group of people that like to play BTB competitively, hopefully it isn’t as horrid as H4 and has some depth to it.

> 2533274873843883;2:
> Yeah, I’m pretty much exclusively BTB these days, so this crazy serious 4 on 4 hyper competitive stuff is a bit of a nightmare for me too.
>
> No BTB for the beta, but it’ll come in time. All in time…

Im hoping it does. Id like to see something new vehicles

> 2533274836395701;4:
> while i’m a competitive 4v4 player, i also belong to the small group of people that like to play BTB competitively, hopefully it isn’t as horrid as H4 and has some depth to it.

Horrid in Halo 4 as in the hardlight shield being able to deflect a tank shell? Yeah…don’t remind me, that was unnerving.

4v4 is easier to test at this stage.

That said I imagine horrible things are being done to BTB with ground pound, loadouts, pods, who knows what else.

> 2533274819446242;7:
> 4v4 is easier to test at this stage.
>
> That said I imagine horrible things are being done to BTB with ground pound, loadouts, pods, who knows what else.

I doubt 343 will implement PoDs to Halo 5, I dreaded that feature in Halo 4. I wouldn’t like loadouts either since I couldn’t stand it. Besides Ground Pound wouldn’t even scratch a Tank or Wraith. Maybe a Warthog or Mongoose. I don’t care how heavy a Spartan is, and how much force the Ground Pound provides when it lands. A Tank is 50x heavier then a Spartan.

This is the ARENA beta. BTB info will come closer to launch.

> 2533274793115123;9:
> This is the ARENA beta. BTB info will come closer to launch.

Uhm it will be earlier.

Expect something at E3 2015.

> 2533274873843883;2:
> Yeah, I’m pretty much exclusively BTB these days, so this crazy serious 4 on 4 hyper competitive stuff is a bit of a nightmare for me too.
>

Same here. BTB has been the majority of what I have played in Halo for 10+ years. I was hoping they would add BTB during the last 3rd week but I have a feeling there will be a 2nd stage of the beta where they introduce BTB. Well lets just say they MUST introduce BTB in some form of a beta otherwise we are going to have the exact same problems with H5 BTB that we are having with TMCC BTB. BTB just must be in a beta somehow. Otherwise I will be very cautious about buying H5. It would have to be sometime before April to be effective.

343 is testing the beta using game modes they are unsure about/want to introduce. Same with what Reach did with Invasion. If i was a gaming company with 5+ Halo games out there, and I had all the statistics and player counts for playlists like BTB and Team Slayer, I wouldnt waste a beta on those. They’ll be good, like they always are

> 2533274873843883;2:
>

This^^^^. I feel the same way brotha.

> 2533274836395701;4:
> while i’m a competitive 4v4 player, i also belong to the small group of people that like to play BTB competitively, hopefully it isn’t as horrid as H4 and has some depth to it.

I personally like Halo4’s BTB without armor abilities and ordinance drops in MCC better than the rest. It’s a blast to play.

> 2787272447958470;11:
> > 2533274873843883;2:
> > Yeah, I’m pretty much exclusively BTB these days, so this crazy serious 4 on 4 hyper competitive stuff is a bit of a nightmare for me too.
> >
> > No BTB for the beta, but it’ll come in time. All in time…
>
>
> Same here. BTB has been the majority of what I have played in Halo for 10+ years. I was hoping they would add BTB during the last 3rd week but I have a feeling there will be a 2nd stage of the beta where they introduce BTB. Well lets just say they MUST introduce BTB in some form of a beta otherwise we are going to have the exact same problems with H5 BTB that we are having with TMCC BTB. BTB just must be in a beta somehow. Otherwise I will be very cautious about buying H5. It would have to be sometime before April to be effective.

Agreed.

Hopefully they announce something soon about a 2nd H5 beta that contains BTB.