The Best Reach Players...

…will be the best H4 players. Reach was all about adapting to the “broken” game mechanics such as bloom, AAs, and various other elements which decreased the skill gap. Halo 4 seems to be following in Reach’s footsteps so there will be a significant skill transfer. While the same occurred in previous Halo games, I suspect that the next player transistion will be smoother than the others.

343 is continuing to make team shooting more important with the inclusion of sprint as a default ability, as well as the long kill times on the relevant weapons, and teamwork is an intangible which carries over between games very easily. While I was hoping that 343 would move the franchise back towards a position where an individual is more relevant, the “numbers game” of reach looks to be even more relevant in Halo 4.

Don’t be surprised when you see the same names in the spotlight of Halo 4 as you do in Reach.

No -Yoink- sherlock

I should have no problem with H4 then :slight_smile:

Maybe. I wouldn’t be so sure though. I don’t think I will have any problem though.

I laugh at all these posts lately.

While I do agree with you that the best Reach players will most likely be the best Halo 4 players, I could honestly care less who the best players are. I play for myself and only myself. If I’m having a good time playing then thats the only thing I care about.

Ok?

And the point of this thread? I mean, I totally agree with you, but what was your point other than telling things we already know and that the best players are still going to be the best? You aren’t really telling what’s wrong about the game to people who don’t yet understand, but neither are you offering solutions. So, tell me: why did you have to create this thread?

I just came from a thread discussing about the bad attitudes of both sides of this argument. It really doesn’t help anyone if you make an unconstructive thread that only tells the obvious. What if, instead of this, you’d either had made a thread proposing solutions or if you think that it’s already too late to affect the development of the game, just made no thread at all. Wouldn’t that have been better for us all?

I use to try and talk to these people, but it’s just to much. So now I laugh.

Is it bad that most of the “Top Reach players” actually secretly hate the game and only play it because of their friends and obvious addiction to Halo?

not necessarily.

> And the point of this thread? I mean, I totally agree with you, but what was your point other than telling things we already know and that the best players are still going to be the best? You aren’t really telling what’s wrong about the game to people who don’t yet understand, but neither are you offering solutions. So, tell me: why did you have to create this thread?
>
> I just came from a thread discussing about the bad attitudes of both sides of this argument. It really doesn’t help anyone if you make an unconstructive thread that only tells the obvious. What if, instead of this, you’d either had made a thread proposing solutions or if you think that it’s already too late to affect the development of the game, just made no thread at all. Wouldn’t that have been better for us all?

I made this thread because I wanted to share my opinion. If you want solutions, just watch lemon’s video. There’s nothing else we really need in terms of a solution and it is just on 343 to implement his ideas if they want a game with a large skill gap that will be enjoyed for years, rather than a few months.

And either way, it helps me as a competitor if the game is more teamwork oriented because that’s what I excel at.

TOO MANY HATE THREADS!

> Is it bad that most of the “Top Reach players” actually secretly hate the game and only play it because of their friends and obvious addiction to Halo?

The only top player I’ve played with who actually hates the game is snipedown. Everyone else thinks there are some things that can use some improvement, but the game itself isn’t hated.

snipedown is not the only pro that hates reach that is a fact.

…that being said, Cossta, you are a great player, I watch your stream sometimes, and the BEST PLAYERS will be the best at Halo 4, not just best REACH players.

> > Is it bad that most of the “Top Reach players” actually secretly hate the game and only play it because of their friends and obvious addiction to Halo?
>
> The only top player I’ve played with who actually hates the game is snipedown. Everyone else thinks there are some things that can use some improvement, but the game itself isn’t hated.

Walshy retired from professional Halo with Reach, and stated for the reason “He didnt have the passion for the game anymore”. This is basically Masterchief saying he dislikes the game, you know there is something wrong when the top 1 percent of you’re players are complaining about it.

All the pros barely play Reach now that is not on the circuit, the only pros I know that for sure likes Reach is Ryanoob and Ninja both of which coincidentally enough became Halo gods when HR released.

Your right hate is a strong word, but if H4 is disliked as much as Reach there is no chance for this game beyond pubs. The competitive community cant take another Reach.

Cosssta. I remember you from Bungie.net. We meet again. I see you haven’t changed your hijinks. I thought you matured since we last met. I was wrong. I would say don’t feed the troll, but I feel as though calling you a troll would be insulting to the word.

Keep trying to enrage the members. I’ll stand back and watch as I have learned about who you truly are. Before I recieve any “umad?” replies, I must say no, I am not mad. I’m dissappointed. I thought there was hope for you Cosssta. I really thought you had looked back at yourself and what you’ve done and changed. Old habits die hard I guess. Keep pretending like you don’t know what I’m talking about. Keep pretending you’re just stating a fact. Keep pretending. I’m going to leave the thread because I know how you are. I just hope someone reads this and heeds the warning.

I don’t hate you Cosssta, I pity you.

> > Is it bad that most of the “Top Reach players” actually secretly hate the game and only play it because of their friends and obvious addiction to Halo?
>
> The only top player I’ve played with who actually hates the game is snipedown. Everyone else thinks there are some things that can use some improvement, but the game itself isn’t hated.

You’re also leaving out Walshy, Neighbor, Naded, Mikwen, Ninja and that’s just the ones who have been vocal that I have happened to see. Reach sucked from the beginning and Bungie never cared to fix it because they got their money and ran.

Hooray! I’ll be good then!

> Cosssta. I remember you from Bungie.net. We meet again. I see you haven’t changed your hijinks. I thought you matured since we last met. I was wrong. I would say don’t feed the troll, but I feel as though calling you a troll would be insulting to the word.
>
> Keep trying to enrage the members. I’ll stand back and watch as I have learned about who you truly are. Before I recieve any “umad?” replies, I must say no, I am not mad. I’m dissappointed. I thought there was hope for you Cosssta. I really thought you had looked back at yourself and what you’ve done and changed. Old habits die hard I guess. Keep pretending like you don’t know what I’m talking about. Keep pretending you’re just stating a fact. Keep pretending. I’m going to leave the thread because I know how you are. I just hope someone reads this and heeds the warning.
>
>
> I don’t hate you Cosssta, I pity you.

So uh, did you two have something special?