The Best Halo Yet

I’ve been playing Halo since Combat Evolved, I’ve been in this franchise for my entire life. I was born March of 2000, started playing Halo CE at 4 years old I’ve played every Halo since. Halo Infinite is the most fun, most fluid, balanced i’ve played. The Academy is an amazing and very helpful addition, The 4v4 Arena maps and modes are super fun and competitive and the sandbox is incredible. There’s no one weapon that’s too op, every gun has a chance to shine in it’s own role. The Big Team Battle is -Yoinking!- amazing. I haven’t had this much fun gaming in a long time. Halo 4 previously had my favorite BTB, but Halo Infinite takes the cake. the map design is mind-blowing, every gun has a chance to shine and is viable, the loot caves are such a simple but -Yoinking!- incredible addition. The vehicles feel super balanced and fun to fight and drive. the equipment is so so sick. My first night playing BTB and i’ve already made memories I won’t forget. And this is just the flight! I get so excited thinking about all the players with their unique colors, armor combos, armor effects, rolling alone or with a squad. The battles all feel like such a contained engagement but still part of a larger whole, and the new Total Control mode is one of my new favorite modes in Halo. I love the way special vehicles are announced via comms and are dropped by pelicans. Seeing them fly in and racing to the drop is so exhilarating. The music, the maps, the CE Forerunner towers, Weapons, armors, squad mechanics, ping system, vehicles, equipment, loot caves, challenges, battlepass, everything is so badass.

I cannot wait for December 8th. I’m gonna absolutely lose myself in this game

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it so far.

I’m hype for this December!

I disagree. I feel it’s the worst.

While it is a small sampling I do think this game is better than Halo 5 due to the maps and sound effects alone (hated the sound effects in H5 with a passion). However, I got to admit I still have a preference for Halo 2 and 3 when it comes down to gameplay. I guess I just prefer the simplicity of it all.

Overall, so far it’s looking like the best game 343 has been part of, but I would like to think that the case given the development time.

Personally I think its the best 343i game, but that’s like saying you won an arm wrestling tournament with 2 toddlers. Nowhere close to the Bungie games, and I can’t see myself playing Infinite for years like the Bungie games. For your specific points

> 2533274882898126;1:
> The 4v4 Arena maps and modes are super fun and competitive and the sandbox is incredible. There’s no one weapon that’s too op, every gun has a chance to shine in it’s own role.

For me personally all the maps are like a 6/10. They all feel very generic and blocky, with 3 lane design, with no notable landmarks or features. Combined with the weapon racks, and single power weapon on a clear to see timer, just feel very bland. Only exception is Behemoth, so if more maps at launch are like Behemoth I’ll change my mind, if they’re more like Livefire, please god Forge save us (well 6 months after because 343i can’t release a complete game). I’d say the AR seems to overpower the BR and mid-long range and at close range outdoes basically every single gun, needs a slight nerf IMO, while keeping AR/SK starts.

> 2533274882898126;1:
> The Big Team Battle is -Yoinking!- amazing. I haven’t had this much fun gaming in a long time. Halo 4 previously had my favorite BTB, but Halo Infinite takes the cake. the map design is mind-blowing, every gun has a chance to shine and is viable, the loot caves are such a simple but -Yoinking!- incredible addition. The vehicles feel super balanced and fun to fight and drive. the equipment is so so sick. My first night playing BTB and i’ve already made memories I won’t forget. And this is just the flight! I get so excited thinking about all the players with their unique colors, armor combos, armor effects, rolling alone or with a squad. The battles all feel like such a contained engagement but still part of a larger whole, and the new Total Control mode is one of my new favorite modes in Halo. I love the way special vehicles are announced via comms and are dropped by pelicans. Seeing them fly in and racing to the drop is so exhilarating. The music, the maps, the CE Forerunner towers, Weapons, armors, squad mechanics, ping system, vehicles, equipment, loot caves, challenges, battlepass, everything is so badass.

For BtB, agreed its quite fun. But, the map design I wouldn’t call mind blowing either, it feels very contained and claustrophobic even if you’re in vehicles. Compared to say Bloodgulch (I’m also somebody who prefers it to Valhalla, but take with that what you will). The vehicles feel paperthin, with every single one except the scorpion being wiped out by small arms fire. They all need healthboosts, and more need to be on the map at once, right now its like, each team gets 1 scorpion, or 1 ghost each, etc. Doesn’t feel like the vehicle combat is dynamic. Total Control I agree I love too. Loot Caves seem very forced and got old by the 2nd time I did them.

No offense but the way you describe everything it kind of sounds like you currently have some rose tinted glasses on because it’s the first new Halo in forever, and haven’t had a chance to form a more articulate opinion yet.

Need to see the competitive side and rest of the maps, but this is easily shaping up to be my favourite Halo too.

The way they talk about it and everything we’ve seen so far, the great balance of social and competitive play, the maps and the new design of Big Team, the focus on eSports… It’s all telling me this will be the best Halo yet.

The campaign being open world too, damn I couldn’t be more excited about the whole package.

For reference my favourite social Halo is 3, but competitive Halo is 5.

> 2712212454174064;4:
> I disagree. I feel it’s the worst.

I agree with you, I feel it even worst than H4 and 5. I know it’s just a Beta

> 2712212454174064;4:
> I disagree. I feel it’s the worst.

I’ll wait until Dec 8 for my full judgement, but I agree with the sentiment so far tbh. I’ll prob be playing the new Battlefield instead.

I know can complain about modern Halo games but I’ll have to admit really enjoy this flight. Looking forward to the official release.

I have also been enjoying this flight! Fragmentation is a pretty A-Ok map and I like the new way of having weapons around the map. One thing I wish they did is add a second BTB map for some variety, though one map is fine.

> 2533274801036271;7:
> Need to see the competitive side and rest of the maps, but this is easily shaping up to be my favourite Halo too.
>
> The way they talk about it and everything we’ve seen so far, the great balance of social and competitive play, the maps and the new design of Big Team, the focus on eSports… It’s all telling me this will be the best Halo yet.
>
> The campaign being open world too, damn I couldn’t be more excited about the whole package.
>
> For reference my favourite social Halo is 3, but competitive Halo is 5.

Agreed

> 2533274882898126;1:
> I’ve been playing Halo since Combat Evolved, I’ve been in this franchise for my entire life. I was born March of 2000, started playing Halo CE at 4 years old I’ve played every Halo since. Halo Infinite is the most fun, most fluid, balanced i’ve played. The Academy is an amazing and very helpful addition, The 4v4 Arena maps and modes are super fun and competitive and the sandbox is incredible. There’s no one weapon that’s too op, every gun has a chance to shine in it’s own role. The Big Team Battle is -Yoinking!- amazing. I haven’t had this much fun gaming in a long time. Halo 4 previously had my favorite BTB, but Halo Infinite takes the cake. the map design is mind-blowing, every gun has a chance to shine and is viable, the loot caves are such a simple but -Yoinking!- incredible addition. The vehicles feel super balanced and fun to fight and drive. the equipment is so so sick. My first night playing BTB and i’ve already made memories I won’t forget. And this is just the flight! I get so excited thinking about all the players with their unique colors, armor combos, armor effects, rolling alone or with a squad. The battles all feel like such a contained engagement but still part of a larger whole, and the new Total Control mode is one of my new favorite modes in Halo. I love the way special vehicles are announced via comms and are dropped by pelicans. Seeing them fly in and racing to the drop is so exhilarating. The music, the maps, the CE Forerunner towers, Weapons, armors, squad mechanics, ping system, vehicles, equipment, loot caves, challenges, battlepass, everything is so badass.
>
> I cannot wait for December 8th. I’m gonna absolutely lose myself in this game

100% :metal: