The Best Community Ideas For Halo 5

I’ll start this thread by giving some ideas that I’ve thought of for Halo 5, then I’m hoping you guys can get creative and contribute ideas of your own.

I’m sure you guys will see faults in these ideas which I am yet to see, so please feel free to give feedback on how they could be fixed, or why they just wouldn’t work.

My ideas
An ability to confuse players with sound.

In the same way that Hologram makes players think they’re seeing a Spartan run by, there could be an ability to make players hear things. Imagine that you know someone is coming out through a doorway, you could aim it by looking at a certain place on the other side of the doorway, and when you activate it, players will hear footsteps or gunfire in that area.
It could be a map pickup with only a few uses in it before it runs out.

A less overpowered alternative to Promethean Vision

There could be a powerup which makes players on the other team glow in a certain way, and the subtle glow could be seen for a few feat all around them. You wouldn’t see them through walls, but you would see them coming sooner than if they weren’t glowing. I imagine this as a powerup, which is activated as soon as the player picks it up, but runs out after a certain amount of time.
Only the player who picked up the powerup would see the other team glow.

Ability to control objects on the maps

There could be parts of the map which players can actually move around and put in different spots.
Imagine a barricade (like in Halo 3) or shield which presents a certain amount of cover and could be used to cover doorways. Players would have to risk obtaining them and carrying them to the spot, while having a limited ability to shoot, and perhaps moving slower.
These could also be placed to help players jump to different places on the map.

Powerup + challenge = reward

Imagine a powerup which is on the maps, and once you pick it up, you get a certain challenge to complete within the next 60 seconds or so.
The challenges could include things like:

• Kill 3 enemies within the next 60 seconds
  • Stick an enemy within the next 60 seconds
  • Assassinate an enemy within the next 60 seconds

Once (and if) you’ve completed the challenge, you get a certain reward. Rewards could include things like:

• Armor Abilities (with limited use)
  • Equipment
  • Powerup such as Overshield or Camo
  • Ordnance Drop with choice from 3 different weapons

If you do not complete the challenge, you could still get an ammo/grenade refill, so that you are still rewarded for picking up the powerup.
Whereas if you complete the challenge, you get a refill AND one of the other rewards.
Picking up the powerup and successfully completing one of the challenges could give players a really cool medal. It would be a medal to be proud of, which are the best kind of medals of course.

Also, once you have picked it up and are in the middle of completing a challenge, there could be a symbol above your head, or your armor could take on a certain colour, or some other visual clue that you have it. This would let enemies know that you have it and are at risk of earning a reward, in the same way that Overshield, Camo, Damage boost and Speed boost change the way you look.

Ability to record in slow motion in theater

As long as Theater has existed in Halo, I’ve wanted the ability to press record and then control how fast the clip is going. There are certain clips, such as amazing no-scopes, which would benefit from being slowed down at certain points.

A Flood version of Firefight

If Firefight is to return, then I would love a Flood version which is much darker and scarier than the default version. I imagine that the maps would take on a night time/snowy/windy atmosphere to make things scary.

Your Ideas
If you have any ideas for Halo 5, then post them here with an explanation of how your idea could work.
It could be a new Armor Ability/Equipment/Powerup, a new weapon idea, a new grenade idea, a new gametype idea, a new customization idea etc. And it could be for any part of Halo, including: Campaign, Forge, Multiplayer, Theater, Custom Games etc.

Vote on the community ideas that you think sound creative and interesting enough to be in Halo 5, and each of your ideas that get to 10 votes, I will post in a reserved page for the most popular.
Also, if you see someone post an idea that you like, but feel could be done even better than they have suggested, then feel free to post your own version.

Try to be as creative as possible!

Reserved for your best ideas!

I would love the ability in custom game options to adjust base player traits.

I had the idea a while back to create an infection gametype with fixed loadouts where each class had there own unique traits. Like for example there could be a tank class that moves slowly but can take a lot of hits and deal out a lot of damage, there could be a runner class that has the ability to sprint, move very fast and surprise people but is very easy to kill. There could be a hunter class with flood vision that can see in the dark and through walls maybe. There could be a stealth class that moves deadly silently, can jump higher than every one else can and has poor camo.

One of the key things I would also like to happen with this idea is the ability to change player model sizes and appearance. Meaning the tank class could actually be legitimately bigger than every one else. Maybe each class could have there own coloured smoke trail as well.

We have fixed loadout options for a while now but we have never had the ability to make proper classes with them… hopefully not much longer.

I had a few ideas to improve Spartan Ops in case it returns.

> I would love the ability in custom game options to adjust base player traits.
>
> I had the idea a while back to create an infection gametype with fixed loadouts where each class had there own unique traits. Like for example there could be a tank class that moves slowly but can take a lot of hits and deal out a lot of damage, there could be a runner class that has the ability to sprint, move very fast and surprise people but is very easy to kill. There could be a hunter class with flood vision that can see in the dark and through walls maybe. There could be a stealth class that moves deadly silently, can jump higher than every one else can and has poor camo.

Actually I quite like this idea. Would players choose their class or would it be random?

With the inclusion of the X1’s recording software, we should be able to directly upload our theater clips to either MediaFire, YouTube, or a special Waypoint/Xbox File hosting site. It’s very important that there is an option to NOT directly upload to YouTube, so editing is possible without using a browser addon to download YouTube videos.