The Best Automatic Loadout Weapon?

I’ve wondered this for a long long time, so i decided i’d find the answer…

The Best Automatic Weapon

Good job.

I use Firepower and sometimes switch my automatic gun because sometimes I just can’t decide which one I like the most.

:slight_smile:

Thanks.

Best auto weapon? The SAW.

(But on a more serious note that was actually quite a useful video, even if the extremely loud music did implode my eardrums when wearing earphones!)

> Best auto weapon? The SAW.
>
> (But on a more serious note that was actually quite a useful video, even if the extremely loud music did implode my eardrums when wearing earphones!)

:o Sorry! I didnt try the sound on headphones D:

Easily the SAW

Good video, interesting!

Great video.Im surprised the Supressor did that well for Medium ranges. It’s the “SMG” of the game.And the Storm Rifle is the middle child!!! I mostly use the Storm Rifle.

> > Best auto weapon? The SAW.
> >
> > (But on a more serious note that was actually quite a useful video, even if the extremely loud music did implode my eardrums when wearing earphones!)
>
> :o Sorry! I didnt try the sound on headphones D:

Not to worry - I think the previous video I had watched was kind of quiet anyway, so that may have made things seem worse!

Thanks for this.

Thank you, for watching :slight_smile:

the best automatic weapon for loadouts would be the storm rifle. and here is why.

here are the overviews for each automatic primary weapon.

assault rifle: It is the longest range of all the primary automatics, but has the slowest killtime being about 2.5 seconds. It has 32 bullets per clip and it takes at least 16 bullets to kill, can kill 2 people in a clip.

Storm rifle: Has less range than the assault rifle, but kills faster (not sure on killtime but I think its around 2 seconds) it has energy for its ammo and overheats, but if you can control your fire rate you will never over heat.

Suppressor: The least range of all the primary automatics due to slow bullet speeds (you have to lead your shots at medium range) but has the fastest killtime than any other automatic primary (not sure of killtime) it has 40 bullets in a clip (I think) not shure how many it takes to kill…

the storm rifle is the best because it kills faster than the AR and if you have your secondary as a magnum longer range is taken care of.

Excellent video. Props to whoever made it, and props to you for bringing it here.

The Supressor seems the best secondary to pick when using Firepower. Coupled with their the BR or the DMR, the suppressor takes care of any situation in which those two may not be ideal. Granted, though, that a skilled player will kill you with the DMR or BR faster than any on-spawn automatic IF they don’t miss a single shot, and place the first pull of the trigger after your shields pop on your head.

However, I’d be willing to bet that I’m not the only one who takes the assurance of automatic’s spray over 100% precision at close quarters. Also, you’ve got to take into account the “rattle factor” (as I like to call it) that automatics provide. Due to the on-screen effects of being shot, I find being ambushed by a player wielding an automatic weapon to be much harder to recover from than the same situation by a precision-weapon-wielding player. So, for that rattle factor, I think carrying and attacking with an automatic weapon is more useful in some situations (namely close-range ambushing) than doing it with a precision weapon.

I think it goes like this (overall, and on-spawn weapons only, and excluding things like mastery of the noob combo, stickies, and boltshot one-timers):

Long Range: DMR

Medium Range: BR (because of it’s slight spread), though a perfect player can use either the BR or DMR, and given than, the DMR is your best choice because it can be used for long range as well

Close Range: Suppressor (though, once again, the perfect player will kill you faster with a DMR or BR)

Those things being said I think the best all-around loadout uses the DMR as a primary, and the Suppressor as the secondary. Only on maps that have VERY limited long range combat is the BR to be chosen over the DMR, and only if you’ve master the boltshot one-timer charge firing mode timing is Firepower to not be used.

Storm Rifle / magnum could prove to be a very deadly combo.

What do you guys think i should make next?

> What do you guys think i should make next?

Show the OPness of the DMR vs the other precision weapons.

> What do you guys think i should make next?

Compare the grenades when using the hardlight shield and/or explosives perk. Compare the BR to mid-range weapons. Compare the BR to the DMR at close range. What kills different types of enemies in Spec Ops the fastest?

Those vary in difficulty I know, so I understand if something just isn’t worth it.

Thanks for the suggestions!! I will definetly try and get started on it

I prefer the Storm Rifle.

It shoots faster and doesn’t need to be reloaded. Longer range than the Suppressor which I think is terrible.

Also, at least in previous games, Plasma based weapons do extra damage to shields but less damage to armor than projectile based weapons. This is fantastic for Team Battles. With 1 or two guys on your team using Plasma weapons and the rest using standard UNSC weapons you can kill people faster.

AR - moderate bloom, mild recoil, hitscan, moderate fire rate and dps, average clip size

SR - moderate bloom, no recoil, projectile, moderate fire rate and dps, cool down clip. Note; bloom before first shot calibrated to about 2-3 bullets from ar

PS - high bloom, moderate recoil, projectile, high rate of fire and dps, large clip