The Battle Rifle Should Take Three Bursts To Kill!

When you read the Merriam Webster 2015 edition and look up the word “skill” you won’t find an original pronunciation or a country of origin. The definition will simply be replaced by a .jpeg of Halo: Combat Evolved where the player is (0,0) from a wall and is holding the Pistol.

That’s right; the most OP weapon in gaming history is now the definition of skill.

Inb4 “Why should I get spawn killed three times in a row just because someone else pressed Y and pulled the trigger three times?” You shouldn’t. If you do, all it means is that YOU SUCK.

The thing that separates Halo: Combat Evolved and the other Halos is that all projectiles in Halo: CE are hitscan.

What we need is another 3 shot hitscan weapon. Like the CE pistol.

I’m not saying we should change the current pistol, which is fine, but we really need a power weapon that kills in 3 scans.

Name the first weapon that comes to mind when you think of hitscan.

The battle rifle.

What is the current state of the battle rifle in the beta?

An underpowered piece of sh*t.

343, when you buff the BR, and you will, please turn it into the next Halo: CE pistol. Thanks!

It’s not going to be the same now as is on release, but it is functional for now. It doesn’t sound beefy.

The BR should never be 3 burst kill. Get out of here.

> 2535460843083983;3:
> The BR was never 3 burst kill. Get out of here.

Halo didn’t start with sprint either. Get out of here.

> 2535460843083983;3:
> The BR was never 3 burst kill. Get out of here. I didn’t read your comment, but I’m obligated to assume anyways.

I never said that it was once a three burst kill. I think it should BECOME a three burst kill.

> 2533274873159016;5:
> I never said that it was once a three burst kill. I think it should BECOME a three burst kill.

My point is that it was never 3 shot, and shouldn’t BECOME 3 shot, for that reason…

> 2533274857454737;4:
> Halo didn’t start with sprint either. Get out of here.

…The heck does that have to do with anything?

You just said the current state of the battle rifle in the beta is horrible, how is that so? Isn’t it a four shot kill to the head kill and five shots to the body? It seems good so far I don’t think it should get buffed at all imo.

> The thing that separates Halo: Combat Evolved and the other Halos is that all projectiles in Halo: CE are hitscan.
>
> What we need is another 3 shot hitscan weapon. Like the CE pistol.

Er…

You made a typo. The thing that separates Halo Ce is that the bullets are projectile. Hitscan means they connect instantly to where you’re aiming.
Only Ce and Halo 3 have projectile bullets.

The truth of the whole situation is that Halo 2 was a slow ranged BR shooting arena and HG5 is a return of traditional Arena esthetics in speedy movement, bullet hoses and circle strafing.

please leave and never come back
I would verbally assault you but I dint’ want to get banned
the halo ce pistol is a joke and so is hitscan or whatever, it ruins games and makes it random crap where the game decides if you ht or not, bloom is better that that Sh**

The Pistol isn’t overpowered.

> all projectiles in Halo: CE are hitscan.

what
Go watch any gameplay video or load up CE yourself and you’ll see a distinct lack of hitscan. Shot leading was a thing purely because the magnum was ballistic fire.
But be careful when you ask for another M6D. It worked in CE because it was the only weapon of its kind–the whole sandbox was unique. If the BR was made as powerful as the M6D, basically everything but power weapons would be useless.

i kept getting 3-shotted all the time :(. im lucky i had a SMG the 3rd of the time or i wouldve had a -1000.0 K/D

> 2533274915983628;14:
> i kept getting 3-shotted all the time :(. im lucky i had a SMG the 3rd of the time or i wouldve had a -1000.0 K/D

If you were getting 3 shot then you were taking damage from another source. A perfect kill medal which requires all shots to be to the head is still a 4 trigger pull kill and all shots from the burst need to land.

As is halo 5 is incredibly balanced, if spawn killing is occurring then adjusting the spawn system would be a better recourse. Not decreasing the time to kill, with what in some game modes will be a primary weapon. And it would only add to the spawn killing as you will die faster and have less time to react. So i really don’t understand the Op, or his reasoning.

If they make the BR 3 burst kill then it will be more than over powered. It would be like the four horsemen of the apocalypse tearing through everyone

> 2533274820621750;15:
> > 2533274915983628;14:
> > i kept getting 3-shotted all the time :(. im lucky i had a SMG the 3rd of the time or i wouldve had a -1000.0 K/D
>
>
> If you were getting 3 shot then you were taking damage from another source. A perfect kill medal which requires all shots to be to the head is still a 4 trigger pull kill and all shots from the burst need to land.
>
> As is halo 5 is incredibly balanced, if spawn killing is occurring then adjusting the spawn system would be a better recourse. Not decreasing the time to kill, with what in some game modes will be a primary weapon. And it would only add to the spawn killing as you will die faster and have less time to react. So i really don’t understand the Op, or his reasoning.

Oh and the BR can if your skilled enough out shot the DMR. The damage tables are fine. The Assault rifle needs a bullet spread nerf when smart linked as well as the SMG, At least for the beta to see what the outcome will be before release.

um…the BR is fine. It might hurt to hear this but i actually think it needs a nerf along with all the weapons in the game (besides power weapons). The kill times for the AR, BR, DMR, SMG, etc. are way to fast for a halo game imo. BR does not need to be 3 shot