The base killers (goliaths needs a nerf)

Hello halo fans so after successfully using the goliath rush 10 times early game i can safely say that goliaths are broken lol it seems like no one ever expects to be goliath rushed when i rushed there was no turrets set up and hardly any units so i just wanna make u all aware whenever your playing play it safe and set up turrets trust me

Heres a video i made rushing with goliaths

I think goliaths should cost way more resources its way too easy to spam them early game

1. There is already a thread on this topic
  2. A cost increase would make them worthless. If there is an issue with them (I haven’t played against a Goliath rush enough to have an opinion if they’re too strong or not) a health nerf would be better, or increased damage from scouts.

Goliaths are not broken, my guy. Personally, I think they could use a longer build time, but that’s just me.

Snipers, Flamers, Suicide Grunts, upgraded core infantry, and a handful of heroes all mop the floor with them. They’re easy to handle as long as one scouts and prepares accordingly.

Scouts need to do more damage to Goliaths… well, rush units in general, but that’s another issue.

There is literally another recent post on this exact same topic. Please at least try to see if your topic has been done before making a new thread. Thanks.

P.S. goliaths are fine. They’re good but expensive, and the expected increase scout damage towards rush units in the next patch should be more than enough to keep them in check.

I definitely wouldn’t increase their cost. If you did, no one would ever make them.

Having them take increased damage from scouts/anti-inf would be a better solution.

Also, saying that no one ever expects a goliath rush just aint da truth. That’s the first thing I expect when I see Colony players. You just have to always scout.

> 2533274927740213;2:
> 1. There is already a thread on this topic
> 2. A cost increase would make them worthless. If there is an issue with them (I haven’t played against a Goliath rush enough to have an opinion if they’re too strong or not) a health nerf would be better, or increased damage from scouts.

Whats the harm in making another? if anything it would just make the devs more aware and yeah i agree maybe a health nerf would be better

> 2533274869891714;3:
> Goliaths are not broken, my guy. Personally, I think they could use a longer build time, but that’s just me.
>
> Snipers, Flamers, Suicide Grunts, upgraded core infantry, and a handful of heroes all mop the floor with them. They’re easy to handle as long as one scouts and prepares accordingly.
>
> Scouts need to do more damage to Goliaths… well, rush units in general, but that’s another issue.

The problem is there isnt really enough time to have the necessary units and upgrades i goliath rushed within minutes id say 3 minutes into the game but who knows if you start immediately after the game starts you might be able to but the Y ability is so effective it destorys heros and infantry

if i got goliath rushed i would struggle knowing how effective it is lol but i agree scouts should do more damage

> 2533274814970819;4:
> There is literally another recent post on this exact same topic. Please at least try to see if your topic has been done before making a new thread. Thanks.
>
> P.S. goliaths are fine. They’re good but expensive, and the expected increase scout damage towards rush units in the next patch should be more than enough to keep them in check.

oh im aware but wheres the harm in making another one?:smiley:

and i disagree they arent fine imo maybe your well experienced at the game and know how to counter it somehow if u do u gotta teach me how lol the goliath rush isnt as effective in 3v3 i tried and got wrecked haha and yeah more scout damage will be awesome

> 2533274796391115;5:
> I definitely wouldn’t increase their cost. If you did, no one would ever make them.
>
> Having them take increased damage from scouts/anti-inf would be a better solution.
>
> Also, saying that no one ever expects a goliath rush just aint da truth. That’s the first thing I expect when I see Colony players. You just have to always scout.

When i say increase cost i dont mean by a whole lot maybe 200 supplies and 100 power sounds fair to me

But yeah more scout damage seems to be the best solution and actually it is true maybe its because the game put me with less experienced players but when i rushed no one was prepared at all lol only in the 3v3 i did they were well prepared and i got torn apart lol

> 2535442006010928;6:
> > 2533274927740213;2:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2533274796391115;5:
> >
>
> When i say increase cost i dont mean by a whole lot maybe 200 supplies and 100 power sounds fair to me
>
> But yeah more scout damage seems to be the best solution and actually it is true maybe its because the game put me with less experienced players but when i rushed no one was prepared at all lol only in the 3v3 i did they were well prepared and i got torn apart lol

You realize that would make them more expensive than Locusts right?

No one would ever build them

> 2533274927740213;7:
> > 2535442006010928;6:
> > > 2533274927740213;2:
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274796391115;5:
> > >
> >
> > When i say increase cost i dont mean by a whole lot maybe 200 supplies and 100 power sounds fair to me
> >
> > But yeah more scout damage seems to be the best solution and actually it is true maybe its because the game put me with less experienced players but when i rushed no one was prepared at all lol only in the 3v3 i did they were well prepared and i got torn apart lol
>
> You realize that would make them more expensive than Locusts right?
>
> No one would ever build them

Incorrect locust cost 200 power and way more supplies

> 2535442006010928;8:
> > 2533274927740213;7:
> > > 2535442006010928;6:
> > > > 2533274927740213;2:
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274796391115;5:
> > > >
> > >
> > > When i say increase cost i dont mean by a whole lot maybe 200 supplies and 100 power sounds fair to me
> > >
> > > But yeah more scout damage seems to be the best solution and actually it is true maybe its because the game put me with less experienced players but when i rushed no one was prepared at all lol only in the 3v3 i did they were well prepared and i got torn apart lol
> >
> > You realize that would make them more expensive than Locusts right?
> >
> > No one would ever build them
>
> Incorrect locust cost 200 power and way more supplies

A Locust costs 300/200, and a Goliath costs 150/80. By adding 200 supply and 100 power a Goliath would end up costing 350/180, only 20 power less than a Locust but 50 more supply.

No T1 unit should cost that much and Goliaths definitely would never be built if they cost that much.

Edit: I might have misunderstood your post, did you mean they would cost 200 supply and 100 power? Not add those amount to their current cost?

> 2533274927740213;9:
> > 2535442006010928;8:
> > > 2533274927740213;7:
> > > > 2535442006010928;6:
> > > > > 2533274927740213;2:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274796391115;5:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > When i say increase cost i dont mean by a whole lot maybe 200 supplies and 100 power sounds fair to me
> > > >
> > > > But yeah more scout damage seems to be the best solution and actually it is true maybe its because the game put me with less experienced players but when i rushed no one was prepared at all lol only in the 3v3 i did they were well prepared and i got torn apart lol
> > >
> > > You realize that would make them more expensive than Locusts right?
> > >
> > > No one would ever build them
> >
> > Incorrect locust cost 200 power and way more supplies
>
> A Locust costs 300/200, and a Goliath costs 150/80. By adding 200 supply and 100 power a Goliath would end up costing 350/180, only 20 power less than a Locust but 50 more supply.
>
> No T1 unit should cost that much and Goliaths definitely would never be built if they cost that much.
>
> Edit: I might have misunderstood your post, did you mean they would cost 200 supply and 100 power? Not add those amount to their current cost?

Yeah bro i didnt mean add it on xD i know it would be too much if u added those amounts so yeah it looks like we got our wires crossed lol

Ok as a returning player from past seasons and a banished main. I can say Goliaths are not broken they are just viable. If they do to much to them in any direction they will become A poop like how they were before the buff or B extremely broken if they get buffed.

And BTW nice video editing it really did make me laugh. Ok time to get serious. No offense to anyone out there but the people who you faced were absolutely cluesless and I mean if by 6 minutes you don’t even have 1 turret up and a few troops to defend your base you will lose to any rush probably even a sucide squad rush lol. These guys were just expanding way to early without an army to defend.

To a well rounded player that has brain cells and scouts can easily counter a Goliath rush or any rush for that matter. In conclusion Goliaths are fine ATM. I believe this game is really balanced as is with the exception of Voridus but that’s a topic for another time. I won’t say he’s OP since I won’t just jump to conclusions without testing but I will say he’s a strong leader.

I do hope I face off your Goliaths rush in the wild :grin:

> 2535442006010928;6:
> > 2533274927740213;2:
> >
>
> Whats the harm in making another? if anything it would just make the devs more aware and yeah i agree maybe a health nerf would be better
>
>
> > 2533274869891714;3:
> > Snipers, Flamers, Suicide Grunts, upgraded core infantry, and a handful of heroes all mop the floor with them. They’re easy to handle as long as one scouts and prepares accordingly.
>
>
>
> > 2533274814970819;4:
> > There is literally another recent post on this exact same topic. Please at least try to see if your topic has been done before making a new thread. Thanks.
> >
> > P.S. goliaths are fine. They’re good but expensive, and the expected increase scout damage towards rush units in the next patch should be more than enough to keep them in check.
>
> oh im aware but wheres the harm in making another one?:smiley:
>
> and i disagree they arent fine imo maybe your well experienced at the game and know how to counter it somehow if u do u gotta teach me how lol the goliath rush isnt as effective in 3v3 i tried and got wrecked haha and yeah more scout damage will be awesome

What’s the harm? You’re taking up space on the front page that could be used for other important topics. Having the two recent threads be about the same topic is just counter intuitive. Honestly it should’ve locked almost right away.

And yes, I know that standard Goliath rushes can be stopped. Looking at your games history by the time you attack it a prepared defender would have more than enough to stop them. As Joker previously stated, snipers, flamers, suicides, and upgraded core infantry can stop them. It’s not unbeatable at all. It’s a good unit in a good spot right now. I personally wouldn’t change a thing. Perhaps a build time increase would be fine. But with a scout-to-rush-unit damage increase I think they’ll be perfectly fine.

Your opponents barely made units. The turrets were unupgraded. The 10 Goliaths cost well more than all the enemy units on the field (which by the way didn’t counter the Goliaths), so this is nothing surprising.

I watched your video and you attacked at 5:30 mins roughly… I’m 80/80 at that point with my main, an expo and minibases to pump marines with 2 barracks on my expo for snipers and flames. So attacking a base with no army and no turrets doesn’t really prove anything to me?

I have yet to face this strategy online but don’t seem to worried about it.

> 2535442006010928;1:
> Hello halo fans so after successfully using the goliath rush 10 times early game i can safely say that goliaths are broken lol it seems like no one ever expects to be goliath rushed when i rushed there was no turrets set up and hardly any units so i just wanna make u all aware whenever your playing play it safe and set up turrets trust me
>
> Heres a video i made rushing with goliaths
>
> - YouTube
>
> I think goliaths should cost way more resources its way too easy to spam them early game

Goliath rush is so easy to counter. 6-8 upgraded banished choppers or ghosts will do the job. The “RAM” ability is a must against goliaths. There are also a few leaders w early aggressive leader powers that can help, for example, decimus’s vortex plus choppers, or, Serena’s ice blocks really slow them down too. Unsc flame throwers can take them down too but the key is to see the goliaths coming at least from the midpoint of the map. It is crucial to know where and when they are gonna attack so your team can be ready to use leader powers against the goliaths.
If players just make a hero and a few infantry units to take power nodes and try to get to tech 2, they will definitely be run over by goliaths. If I’m matched against a colony player I’m building scouts as banished or flamers with UNSC. Stops the rush every time if your build order is on point.

No they are fine

If there’s already an active topic for this then there’s not much sense making another one discussing the same thing. Feel free to use the existing discussion thread