The banshee in halo infinite

So I have managed to get the banshee a few times in BTB and from those experiences I feel like it should have its health increased. It seems like a few players spamming their ARs at range can knock most of its health off before you can zoom away from them, and it also feels difficult to get any kills with it. I am probably using it wrong but each time I get it I try to make quick passes spamming the blasters and then fleeing, but it just dies so quickly that I feel like I shouldn’t bother. To me, a ghost feels like a much more intimidating vehicle which shouldn’t be right considering how many ghosts spawn and how little banshees are in the match.

what is everyone’s opinions? Does the banshee need a nerf / buff? or do you think it is fine as it is?

I completely agree. I thought it felt really nice as far as controls go and I enjoy how slow it can go, the fuel rod cannon sounds so f-ing cool! Buuuut, the armor on it leaves something to be desired. I certainly feel it needs an armor buff

I’ve gotten the banshee once and couldn’t figure out what button was for the cannon with bumper jumper, anyone know off hand?

Every vehicle except for the Ghost needs a substantial health boost. Turret on the warthog also needs a not microscopic reticle

I have yet to even see the banshee with over 20 games of btb played…

> 2533274805023944;3:
> I’ve gotten the banshee once and couldn’t figure out what button was for the cannon with bumper jumper, anyone know off hand?

Whatever button switches your weapon, it’ll switch to fuel rod mode

> 2533274882898126;6:
> > 2533274805023944;3:
> > I’ve gotten the banshee once and couldn’t figure out what button was for the cannon with bumper jumper, anyone know off hand?
>
> Whatever button switches your weapon, it’ll switch to fuel rod mode

Appreciate it, I hit the wrong button and jumped out in the air

> 2533274805023944;7:
> > 2533274882898126;6:
> > > 2533274805023944;3:
> > > I’ve gotten the banshee once and couldn’t figure out what button was for the cannon with bumper jumper, anyone know off hand?
> >
> > Whatever button switches your weapon, it’ll switch to fuel rod mode
>
> Appreciate it, I hit the wrong button and jumped out in the air

LMAO My bad dude

> 2535432853005140;1:
> So I have managed to get the banshee a few times in BTB and from those experiences I feel like it should have its health increased. It seems like a few players spamming their ARs at range can knock most of its health off before you can zoom away from them, and it also feels difficult to get any kills with it. I am probably using it wrong but each time I get it I try to make quick passes spamming the blasters and then fleeing, but it just dies so quickly that I feel like I shouldn’t bother. To me, a ghost feels like a much more intimidating vehicle which shouldn’t be right considering how many ghosts spawn and how little banshees are in the match.
>
> what is everyone’s opinions? Does the banshee need a nerf / buff? or do you think it is fine as it is?

I’d say all vehicles are too weak so far. Havent really seen scorpion.

> 2533274833311664;9:
> > 2535432853005140;1:
> > So I have managed to get the banshee a few times in BTB and from those experiences I feel like it should have its health increased. It seems like a few players spamming their ARs at range can knock most of its health off before you can zoom away from them, and it also feels difficult to get any kills with it. I am probably using it wrong but each time I get it I try to make quick passes spamming the blasters and then fleeing, but it just dies so quickly that I feel like I shouldn’t bother. To me, a ghost feels like a much more intimidating vehicle which shouldn’t be right considering how many ghosts spawn and how little banshees are in the match.
> >
> > what is everyone’s opinions? Does the banshee need a nerf / buff? or do you think it is fine as it is?
>
> I’d say all vehicles are too weak so far. Havent really seen scorpion.

yeah, I haven’t seen the scorpion all day - even in long matches it never arrives

I have seen it a couple of times, don t even know where the scorpion and the banshee drop, but looking forward to it.

> 2533274882898126;8:
> > 2533274805023944;7:
> > > 2533274882898126;6:
> > > > 2533274805023944;3:
> > > > I’ve gotten the banshee once and couldn’t figure out what button was for the cannon with bumper jumper, anyone know off hand?
> > >
> > > Whatever button switches your weapon, it’ll switch to fuel rod mode
> >
> > Appreciate it, I hit the wrong button and jumped out in the air
>
> LMAO My bad dude

Lol nah I’m saying that’s what I did trying to figure it out

> 2533274805023944;12:
> > 2533274882898126;8:
> > > 2533274805023944;7:
> > > > 2533274882898126;6:
> > > > > 2533274805023944;3:
> > > > > I’ve gotten the banshee once and couldn’t figure out what button was for the cannon with bumper jumper, anyone know off hand?
> > > >
> > > > Whatever button switches your weapon, it’ll switch to fuel rod mode
> > >
> > > Appreciate it, I hit the wrong button and jumped out in the air
> >
> > LMAO My bad dude
>
> Lol nah I’m saying that’s what I did trying to figure it out

Ohh gotcha. I was wracked with guilt and shame for a bit there, mate

> 2535432853005140;10:
> > 2533274833311664;9:
> > > 2535432853005140;1:
> > > So I have managed to get the banshee a few times in BTB and from those experiences I feel like it should have its health increased. It seems like a few players spamming their ARs at range can knock most of its health off before you can zoom away from them, and it also feels difficult to get any kills with it. I am probably using it wrong but each time I get it I try to make quick passes spamming the blasters and then fleeing, but it just dies so quickly that I feel like I shouldn’t bother. To me, a ghost feels like a much more intimidating vehicle which shouldn’t be right considering how many ghosts spawn and how little banshees are in the match.
> > >
> > > what is everyone’s opinions? Does the banshee need a nerf / buff? or do you think it is fine as it is?
> >
> > I’d say all vehicles are too weak so far. Havent really seen scorpion.
>
> yeah, I haven’t seen the scorpion all day - even in long matches it never arrives

Seems I consistent with arrival times… and not fair likely. Ours came in a good 30 seconds before enemies scorpion. We were able to grab it and push up into their base area to where we could easily secure their scorpion as it drops. Another time it spawned in at 3 seconds left…

The Scorpion and the Banshee/Wasp all drop in the same places the Ghost and sometimes Warthog dropped.

I agree with the OP the Banshee needs a serious health and damage buff. I hit a player full on with a plasma bomb and it didn’t kill him. That’s not true of any other Halo game I’m aware of. Certainly I’ve dropped plenty of bombs in Halo 5 and Halo MCC and it’s always an instant kill unless my aim is significantly off (in which case it didn’t really hit them).

FWIW, it’s a similar problem with the Wasp, though that was always meant to be less powerful and never killed someone with just one shot. But it’s health to damage ratio is out of wack. You are basically a sitting duck in the thing and the only kill I got was using it like a Warthog and mowing someone down with the chain gun on it.

Overall, the vehicle drops were too stingy. You got ghosts right off the bat, which was great, but we needed a Scorpion and banshees MUCH more often and not just at the end of a match.