The Banished - Tournaments and Coaching

We are proud to announce The Banished! This will be a new club managed by TheWall766, BreezyStarfish, DC Longshot, and Viper Skills. We will be hosting frequent tournaments for players who are part of the competitive scene. More than that, we are also hosting Breezy’s Strat School. This is a place for new and mid level players that wish to improve their craft and get tips from our own experienced coaches. BSS will have tournaments tailor suited for them as well.

This project has been a long time coming, so we’re excited to say that we are hosting our first 1v1 Banished Open this weekend, Saturday March 31st at 2pm EST! All the info for tournaments as well as Breezy’s Strat School can be found on our discord:

https://discord.gg/h5RcHqJ

Details on tournament:
• Saturday March 31st 2018 at 2pm EST.
• 1v1 Deathmatch.
• Open registry, no previous ranking is required to enter the tournament.
• Single elimination, but Semi-finals will be best of three series and the finals will be best of five. Semis and finals will both be streamed and casted.

Rules:
• Games will last a maximum of 60 minutes. After 60 minutes a tournament official will decide a winner based on map control, overall game performance, and overall aggression.
• Arbiter is banned.
• Using Counter Measures is banned.
• Each player is allowed to ban on leader at the beginning of the tournament. No opponent may use that leader when playing that player. (Ex. DC Longshot bans Atriox. None of the players facing him may use Atriox against him during the tournament)
• In the best of three and best of five series you cannot use the same leader twice.

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or in the discord!

Let’s get this party started :sunglasses:

Oh, man, so many clubs and tournaments now. It’s becoming difficult to keep up, lol.

Nonethless, sounds awesome! Best of luck with this, dudes.

I love grass root efforts to build new things and strengthen the comradery and competition amongst this community. This is awesome and I very much approve! I wish you all the best of luck!

Let me know early in the weeks up front when these tournaments and things are happening going forward and I will work on getting the word out for them!

> 2533274812650916;1:
> …

Almost brings a tear to my eye, Almost.

I have high hopes for your endeavor,
if you need any “Resources” just send me a flare :wink:

Sounds cool but if I tried to join the tournament I am most likely going to be late because of time zone differences

Can you play UNSC?

> 2535441690909760;8:
> Can you play UNSC?

Of course! The title is only a play on words.

> 2533274927740213;9:
> > 2535441690909760;8:
> > Can you play UNSC?
>
> Of course! The title is only a play on words.

K you might as well unban Arbiter then or it’ll be Anders v Anders grand finals

/j

> 2535441690909760;10:
> > 2533274927740213;9:
> > > 2535441690909760;8:
> > > Can you play UNSC?
> >
> > Of course! The title is only a play on words.
>
> K you might as well unban Arbiter then or it’ll be Anders v Anders grand finals
>
> /j

People can select bans. And can’t repeat leaders in a series. So potentially a Anders vs Anders could happen but it wouldn’t decide the finals

> 2533274927740213;11:
> > 2535441690909760;10:
> > > 2533274927740213;9:
> > > > 2535441690909760;8:
> > > > Can you play UNSC?
> > >
> > > Of course! The title is only a play on words.
> >
> > K you might as well unban Arbiter then or it’ll be Anders v Anders grand finals
> >
> > /j
>
> People can select bans. And can’t repeat leaders in a series. So potentially a Anders vs Anders could happen but it wouldn’t decide the finals

In all seriousness I’m actually curious about this. I don’t have much experience with the competitive RTS scene and their rulesets. Is ‘• In the best of three and best of five series you cannot use the same leader twice.’ something common? What’s the reasoning?

I’m more familiar with fighting games were usually only the loser can pick a new character, and no one is ever forced to switch characters.

> 2535441690909760;12:
> > 2533274927740213;11:
> > > 2535441690909760;10:
> > > > 2533274927740213;9:
> > > > > 2535441690909760;8:
> > > > > Can you play UNSC?
> > > >
> > > > Of course! The title is only a play on words.
> > >
> > > K you might as well unban Arbiter then or it’ll be Anders v Anders grand finals
> > >
> > > /j
> >
> > People can select bans. And can’t repeat leaders in a series. So potentially a Anders vs Anders could happen but it wouldn’t decide the finals
>
> In all seriousness I’m actually curious about this. I don’t have much experience with the competitive RTS scene and their rulesets. Is ‘• In the best of three and best of five series you cannot use the same leader twice.’ something common? What’s the reasoning?
>
> I’m more familiar with fighting games were usually only the loser can pick a new character, and no one is ever forced to switch characters.

“In the best of three and best of five series you cannot use the same leader twice.’ something common?”

Yes.

“What’s the reasoning?”

This rule was created
In order to see diversity in strategy and to showcase more then 1 or 2 leaders in the bo3/bo5 rounds, Some leaders are better then other’s in every aspect and/or generally have a higher chance at winning because of a current meta,
This rule will also favor the most adaptable Players in the Semi-Final and Final which is what the
foundation of a Competitive RTS Genre is about, Adaptation.

That makes a lot of sense, thank you.

How do I register to the competition? Xbox Club? I think I am missing this. Thanks.

> 2553380145882876;15:
> How do I register to the competition? Xbox Club? I think I am missing this. Thanks.

Join the discord and register from there!

Awesome good stuff guys, I’ll sign up and get my but kicked but will have fun while doing it :slight_smile:

Does the discord link work? Can you also provide the invite code, can’t get in on my app or website. Might just be me

> 2533274809773734;18:
> Does the discord link work? Can you also provide the invite code, can’t get in on my app or website. Might just be me

Here’s a new link

The Banished? Who came up with that crappy name?