The banished Ideology?

So, I’ve been doing a little research, as one does when excited for an upcoming game, and I’ve found that the Banished were the vaguely covenant equivalent to insurrectionists.
Now, this could mean that they were sceptical covenant races that didn’t quite believe in the great journey, if so, they most likely don’t worship the forerunners as gods.

Also, with the end of the human and covenant war, apparently the banished grew In power, personally Atriox (the brute chieftain) doesn’t strike me as the normal, lumbering fuzzy monsters like his kin, he seems a little more composed, and a lot more level headed than Tartarus was, so I doubt he will see the guardians appearing over the skies of doisac as a sign of peace sent from some benevolent, hyper advanced deity.

I’m hoping for some Banished on promethean action, in both halo wars and halo 6 (if the covenant element is ever replaced)
and who’s better to lead the charge than a war scarred general that can throw Spartans around like toys?

Obviously this is all speculation, but I’m interested in what everyone else has to say.

I liked your ideas up until you said promethean. I want the flood back, but I really like this idea of rebel covenant. The closest we got was Halo 2 with the Heretic group, and it doesnt seem possible to have that large a group with all of them subscribing to a single belief system. I was always fascinated with how the covenant basically forced religion on the Grunts and Jackals, who seem like pretty disinterested groups.

I really liked this theory!

I really feel like 343 Guilty Spark will make a return somehow. I have hope for the flood as well and I would not be upset if we saw the Promethean’s in someway. Honestly the more fractions the better. I’m excited about this game, but kind of worried about the story. Who’s writting this one? Is Cortana and her Created going to play a part in this. I mean I wouldn’t hate it if she controlled the Promethean’s. But then we would have a lot more Promethean units so I highly doubt we will see them as a fraction. Same with the flood really. With all the units for the UNSC and Banished I really don’t see any other fraction being able to match.

> 2533274805830926;4:
> I really feel like 343 Guilty Spark will make a return somehow. I have hope for the flood as well and I would not be upset if we saw the Promethean’s in someway. Honestly the more fractions the better. I’m excited about this game, but kind of worried about the story. Who’s writting this one? Is Cortana and her Created going to play a part in this. I mean I wouldn’t hate it if she controlled the Promethean’s. But then we would have a lot more Promethean units so I highly doubt we will see them as a fraction. Same with the flood really. With all the units for the UNSC and Banished I really don’t see any other fraction being able to match.

Considering the game is set on the Ark (installation 00) there’s a good chance that the Promethean’s are going to make an appearance.

I can’t remember where I read it, but Spark’s damaged remains have been found recently on installation 00 by the UNSC, he’s functional, and apparently he knows where the librarian is.The flood on the other hand are still around, but the swords of Sanghelios have a habit of glassing everything that even smells of flood.
Personally, I enjoy the Prometheans as a faction, and if the flood are around during halo wars 2, I’m hoping the Prometheans are a direct counter, like the flood are to humans and covies.

Yeah I think the Banished will be a secular Covenant and so will be much more inclined to oppose the Created.

> 2533274832089275;2:
> I liked your ideas up until you said promethean. I want the flood back, but I really like this idea of rebel covenant. The closest we got was Halo 2 with the Heretic group, and it doesnt seem possible to have that large a group with all of them subscribing to a single belief system. I was always fascinated with how the covenant basically forced religion on the Grunts and Jackals, who seem like pretty disinterested groups.

You have to remember the covenant was a intergalactic war-faring faction, they rarely introduced races peacefully, in fact, the grunts almost destroyed the covenant from the inside.
the Unggoy rebellion was started by the Infusion Incident when the growing Unggoy population put pressure on the Kig-Yar, with whom they shared their habitats. The overwhelming Unggoy population forced many of the Kig-Yar to relocate, killing many of their eggs and forcing the Kig-Yar birth rate to decline.
In an effort to exact revenge, some of the Kig-Yar poisoned the Unggoy infusion resources, recreational narcotics used in the Unggoy’s portable methane supplies. This made the contaminated males sterile, escalating the conflict between the two species. After the Prophets failed to respond to this, due to the Ministry of Concert rejecting a junior staffer’s request to investigate the matter further, it escalated into a short but aggressive conflict, forcing the High Council to instate an Arbiter. The conflict ended only when the Unggoy homeworld was almost completely glassed by a Covenant Fleet.
The grunt’s are known to have insincere belief about the great journey, because they’re scared of the other races.
I’m certain those that openly were against the great journey, may have been “banished”

> 2533274825454566;5:
> > 2533274805830926;4:
> > Snip
>
>
> Considering the game is set on the Ark (installation 00) there’s a good chance that the Promethean’s are going to make an appearance.
>
> I can’t remember where I read it, but Spark’s damaged remains have been found recently on installation 00 by the UNSC, he’s functional, and apparently he knows where the librarian is.
>
> The flood on the other hand are still around, but the swords of Sanghelios have a habit of glassing everything that even smells of flood.
> Personally, I enjoy the Prometheans as a faction, and if the flood are around during halo wars 2, I’m hoping the Prometheans are a direct counter, like the flood are to humans and covies.

This is a giant spoiler from the book Halo: Silentium. The third and final book of Halo: The Forerunner Saga.

In the end of the third and final book it is revealed that 343 Guilty Spark/Oracle/Monitor/Chaka has been found by UNSC. He is but a destroyed shell and barely functioning. UNSC has been interrogating him and trying to get as much information out from him as possible. While that was going on 343 Guilty Spark has been trying to secretly take over the ship and did succeed in doing so. When he took over the ship he transfered himself into the system, killing or shutting down the A.I (I don’t remember what happened to the ships A.I). When he had full control over the ship he put everyone in the ship asleep. He says he knows where the Librarian is and with the control of the ship he goes right to where he thinks she is. The End.

343 Guilty Spark can definitely come up in Halo Wars 2. It would be interesting, problem is that the Librarian wasn’t on the smaller Ark when the rings fired or at least that is what we know so far. She was on Earth and she had destroyed her remaining ships so the Flood couldn’t reach the smaller Ark. Not only that but she destroyed the portal to the smaller Ark. She was stuck and then the rings fired and everything around her started dying before she did. Now 343 Guilty Spark could be refering to the new Librarian. Chant-to-Green was granted the title of Lifeshaper from the Librarian. 343 Guilty Spark in his damaged state could be mixing them up. Thinking the Librarian is alive but mixed it with the new Lifeshaper who should still be alive. Chant-to-Green was on Installation 00 AKA the lesser Ark so yeah. We will have to wait and see.

@ LS Just Win

I don’t know. That seems like a MAJOR plot point. Now that Halo Wars 2 is part of the Reclaimer Saga it means that its no longer a self contained story. So, they can’t reasonably drop big plot points like the return of Spark, the return of the flood or the return of the forerunners. Otherwise people who just play the main games wll get confused. These are simply too important and would probably happen in a main title Halo 6 game. I think its more likely that we’ll see something we know will happen from a different perspective. So, we know that Cortana s going to try and sieze the Halo array. Simply put, I think that will be the principle threat, along with the SoF efforts to get home. I wouldn’t expect many more twists beyond that; especially since they’re being cagey about the role of the Prometheans in the game which suggests that they and the threat of the Created are the big reveal. I imagine the game will mostly deal with setting up Halo 6 with Cortana’s conquest, the state of the Covenant and galaxy being the main themes.

I could be wrong. I might even love to be wrong and have a playable flood faction. But I just don’t see it happening.