The Ban System is a Joke

Literally just got a two hour ban for accidentally betraying two teammates in Griffball. Whoever is in charge of the algorithm that decides ban times needs to take a another look because there is truly little to no justification for these seemingly arbitrary ban times. I’ve received this two hour ban like three times before in Griffball which so hilariously absurd that I’m wondering if it’s a joke. I mean, I once got placed into a losing placement game of Breakout, got into a betrayal battle with one guy (each killing each other twice), and got banned for two minutes—makes so much sense. Why is there even a ban system in Griffball? Why do we even have a ban system that can go to day-long lockouts? I can’t recall ever getting times longer than 20 minutes up until Halo 5. Banning used to be a slap on the wrist so people could chill out for a few minutes but this is just too much. Worse still, it makes no sense. And I’m sure that they are aware of the banning problem in Griffball but it highlights the more important underlying issue that has seemingly gone unnoticed—nonsensical ban times.

The point is, if you’re really going to threaten your player base with overly-long lockouts, you should at the very least be accurate and administer bans for appropriate reasons, which, at least in my experience, rarely happens.

Please use the ban thread pinned at the top of the support section.

> 2535439850212208;1:
> Literally just got a two hour ban for accidentally betraying two teammates in Griffball. Whoever is in charge of the algorithm that decides ban times needs to take a another look because there is truly little to no justification for these seemingly arbitrary ban times. I’ve received this two hour ban like three times before in Griffball which so hilariously absurd that I’m wondering if it’s a joke. I mean, I once got placed into a losing placement game of Breakout, got into a betrayal battle with one guy (each killing each other twice), and got banned for two minutes—makes so much sense. Why is there even a ban system in Griffball? Why do we even have a ban system that can go to day-long lockouts? I can’t recall ever getting times longer than 20 minutes up until Halo 5. Banning used to be a slap on the wrist so people could chill out for a few minutes but this is just too much. Worse still, it makes no sense. And I’m sure that they are aware of the banning problem in Griffball but it highlights the more important underlying issue that has seemingly gone unnoticed—nonsensical ban times.
>
> The point is, if you’re really going to threaten your player base with overly-long lockouts, you should at the very least be accurate and administer bans for appropriate reasons, which, at least in my experience, rarely happens.

> 2533274875982754;2:
> Please use the ban thread pinned at the top of the support section.

As if by magic it appears in a trench coat.

Feel free to use the thread linked above.