the art style the toys showed us

In case you don’t understand what I mean - HALO INFINITE CLASSIC MULTIPLAYER SPARTAN ARMOR, BR55, CLASSIC JACKAL, ELITES, BOAT + MORE REVEALED! - YouTube
Now

• I personally liked the 343 jackals and I’m sad to see them thrown away. - The elite isn’t bad (essentially a H2A one wearing a mix of the general and warrior armors) but could be better, I hold OG CE and 2’s as the best design for them so far - It’s ok, I liked the grunt. You can see 343 didn’t gave up their vision but this time tried to stick more to what we know. The claws are kinda wierd though - At first I was happy to see the warthog turret shields but then the gasoline thanks… -Yoink!- not again - The pelican looks excellent. It’s no longer an obese box with tiny wings, it’s now agile and more familiar looking… I don’t know, it resembles more the classic pelican. - OMG the weapons… They look like in 2A. That’s just what I wanted, couldn’t hope for something better. - THE SPARTANS… TAKE MY MONEY! I truly can’t put into words how perfect they are. They sort of mixed Reach’s detailed, military designs with H3’s more iconic ones. It reminds me a bit of the Wars spartans. 10/10What do you think?

343i put so much extraneous effort into making all appearances canon that this combination/fusion kind of makes me feel like they just gave up. While some of these merged designs do lean more to what I prefer, I do kind of wish that the Slipspace Engine they’d created would allow them to include all iterations and bring everything properly into canon. The only thing that really pops out as “woof” is the Chief helmet. It just looks like a plastic prototype that was NOT ready. The H3 Legendary helmet looks more realistic.

So long as the giraffe neck marines don’t appear in-game, I’ll be happy.

> 2591580321307319;2:
> 343i put so much extraneous effort into making all appearances canon that this combination/fusion kind of makes me feel like they just gave up.

What do you mean by “all appearances canon”? If you are referring to that whole “hesduros elites are a different phenotype” thing, 343 never said that. That was just a fan theory used to justify the differing appearance of elites in H4 and H5. Arbiter in H5 sported this new design despite having the old design in previous games.

> 2533274817408735;3:
> > 2591580321307319;2:
> > 343i put so much extraneous effort into making all appearances canon that this combination/fusion kind of makes me feel like they just gave up.
>
> What do you mean by “all appearances canon”? If you are referring to that whole “hesduros elites are a different phenotype” thing, 343 never said that. That was just a fan theory used to justify the differing appearance of elites in H4 and H5. Arbiter in H5 sported this new design despite having the old design in previous games.

Ah. My mistake. Just me over here tossing credit where it isn’t due. M’bad.

Take this: Clickable link
For those who don’t want to copy and paste.

Overall, I’m really liking what I’m seeing! The art-style for Infinite is looking to be one of the best in Halo history! (IMO)

• Jackal: The figure looked really good!!! If nothing else, the Jackals armor is actually looking amazing, as Jackals have never used much of it and I was never crazy about what little armor or prosthetics they did end up using. Though, I did really like those scouters they had in Reach and those eyepieces weren’t bad in H3 but were kinda basic. This new helmet takes the aspects of the wonky H4/5 one and puts it in a more grounded design, even if slightly to a fault in terms of looking almost UNSC. The upper eye in the middle and the fact its just a helmet with the Jackal’s snout jutting out helps to retain uniqueness while looking good so overall I have no complaints about it! Getting back to the rest of the armor, I love how it covers most of the Jackal while still looking slick! Those light in the chest of the armor are also really cool. My only concern is that the Jackal would have a harder time moving around but I think its still convincing enough if it wasn’t an issue and if this supposed H2/3 inspired Jackal design is more so in the role of sniping then this makes total sense! The quills look good so far but I’m curious how they are in-game. Right now I’m just curious what it looks like without all the armor, specifically its eyes. Hopefully the H4/5 versions of the Jackals are used as frontline soldiers and perhaps we could even see the Skirmishers return?
  • Elite: Its hard to have an opinion on the Elites so far as the details of the head weren’t entirely clear which will probably be the main determining factor for me. Overall, I’m not opposed the big legs which are more prominent in H4/5 but I’m also curious to see the skin texture/color of the Elites which is also difficult to currently determine, though they still seem grey which is good in my book.
  • Grunt: Kinda a mixed bag for me but overall I’m happy with the design and thats mostly due to its armor/equipment. Essentially, the whole torso armor/tank and breather mask look perfect! But everything else about the Grunt I’m slightly on the fence about. By no means does it look bad per-say but I was hoping for a H3/5 meshed design while this one has turned out looking like more of a H3/4 design. H4’s design is my overall least favorite, with only the studded looking ends of the limbs being a plus to me. There is also the curious case of the Grunt being more of a tan color instead of grey… The main thing I’m wondering about at this point is further details about its head like its eyes and mouth. I can get use to the color if its the new norm but I really wish it was combined with the crustacean look of the H5 Grunts instead of being a sorta rough skin of the Elites that its looking like so far. Again, I’m sure they’ll look great but this is definitely the most different re-design of all the Covenant aliens so far (which tends to be a common case for the Grunts anyways).
  • Weapons: The supposed Hydra design is interesting and I’m looking forward to seeing its design in-game.
    Really liking the Needler design, though it’ll probably be a little different at least color-wise, so I’m curious overall to see it function in the future.
    The new pictures on the AR have confirmed some suspicions but we know now its a new design, based off the Reach version, so thats kinda disappointing for me but at least its somewhat different from the Reach AR.
  • Spartans: They look good! Really like the look of that new helmet on the red one and the whole armor set looks great! After seeing this and Chief’s armor I’m really excited to see what they do with other old and new armors!
  • Vehicles: Not huge differences, overall, looks great and classic.

Loving those bases on those molds, wonder if we are gonna get those with the figures.

I think it all looks amazing except for the Grunt’s hands and feet look a little weird

> 2533275031939856;8:
> I think it all looks amazing except for the Grunt’s hands and feet look a little weird

This, and I also prefer the Grunts being classic grey rather than brown.

I really like what I see so far. It will be interesting to see what the designs look like in-game.

I could be wrong, but I think people are looking into the toys WAY too much. Literally the toys include Kat, a spartan killed in Halo: Reach. I don’t think any of these toys are representative of what we’ll see in Infinite. It’s honestly just them making Halo universe toys. Even the ones that say Halo Infinite on them, licensed toys do that all the time. They just throw the most recent release on the package to promote it, even if that toy isn’t from that release.

I think 343 are on the right track finally they know what the community wants now not their new art style we preferred the old grity one.

> 2535459079655548;1:
> In case you don’t understand what I mean - HALO INFINITE CLASSIC MULTIPLAYER SPARTAN ARMOR, BR55, CLASSIC JACKAL, ELITES, BOAT + MORE REVEALED! - YouTube
> Now
> - I personally liked the 343 jackals and I’m sad to see them thrown away. - The elite isn’t bad (essentially a H2A one wearing a mix of the general and warrior armors) but could be better, I hold OG CE and 2’s as the best design for them so far - It’s ok, I liked the grunt. You can see 343 didn’t gave up their vision but this time tried to stick more to what we know. The claws are kinda wierd though - At first I was happy to see the warthog turret shields but then the gasoline thanks… -Yoink!- not again - The pelican looks excellent. It’s no longer an obese box with tiny wings, it’s now agile and more familiar looking… I don’t know, it resembles more the classic pelican. - OMG the weapons… They look like in 2A. That’s just what I wanted, couldn’t hope for something better. - THE SPARTANS… TAKE MY MONEY! I truly can’t put into words how perfect they are. They sort of mixed Reach’s detailed, military designs with H3’s more iconic ones. It reminds me a bit of the Wars spartans. 10/10What do you think?

To go in order:

• I prefer the Bungie jackals, but 343 jackals weren’t terrible. Perhaps in the future we can find a home for both designs - Agreed that CE and H2 were peak Elite designs - The grunt seemed like a solid return to H2A - I like the gasoline tanks actually. It feels more militaristic. Though I should point out that those likely aren’t gasoline, but water. Not only are the Warthogs run on Hydrogen power (which would require water as a fuel source), but the current US military doesn’t keep gas canisters exposed due to the potential combustion of gas canteens in the hot desert sun of the Middle East. You might think those canteens on the backs of humvees are filled with gas (maybe some actually are), but in all likelihood they are filled with potable water (due to the intense heat of the desert) - Couldn’t agree more on the Pelican. The Bungie design seemed physically impossible, and the OG 343 design seemed utterly uninspired… so props to 343 on fixing both issues - Also agree on the weapons… Hallelujah! - Third times the charm… Hallelujah on the Spartan designs!