The art direction of Halo 4

In halo: CE, it was clear- mysterious, yet basic video game. The “bad” graphics made the game great, they should make them bad again :smiley: (joking, but if only…), in Halo 2, it was the red sky/smoke, and the chief. It was dark, and it was red.In Halo 3, it was the classic Halo blue. In ODST, it was a sort of olive or gold, a very sad atmosphere, a very emotional game. Halo: Reach was the technological and futuristic game. I think Halo 4 should blend Halo 2 and Halo ODSTs art style, it should be dark with the gold, but very sad and alone at the same time. By the way, PLEASE DO NOT BRING BACK THE CLASSIC BLUE MENU. IT’S OLD, me no like. Thoughts?

i like grey and blue

Honestly, Halo should stick to the little things that make it Halo, like the blue menu, the light blue HUD, the bright and vivid colors etc. These things have come to help define the feel of the game. In addition, these things really don’t need to be changed.

Each Halo game’s art direction has suited it almost perfectly for the setting and story, Halo 4’s art direction should not copy the older Halo games unless it suits it.

No point having Halo 3’s art direction if everything is sad, terrible, failure, Earth destroyed etc because a bright atmosphere would be anti-climatic.

No point in having Reach’s art direction if the Master Chief is strolling through countless rows of flowers with double rainbows in the sky.

Very extreme examples above, the point is that let 343i choose the art direction based on the story and how they perceive it.

> Honestly, Halo should stick to the little things that make it Halo, like the blue menu, the light blue HUD, the bright and vivid colors etc. These things have come to help define the feel of the game. In addition, these things really don’t need to be changed.

If you didn’t realize, what you just said is what CoD pretty much is. Halo is all about change, I think the blue menu has to go. It’s just too boring now.

> Honestly, Halo should stick to the little things that make it Halo, like the blue menu, the light blue HUD, the bright and vivid colors etc. These things have come to help define the feel of the game. In addition, these things really don’t need to be changed.

Sure, but it needs to be fresh, like halo3-Reach fresh.
If its too similiar to any of them, I know it wont do the fans justice.