The armor design has gotten too eccentric&complex

Somewhere along the line, starting with Halo 3’s introduction to Hayabusa Ninja armor, Halo armor eventually began to evolve to become too complex…even, freakish.
Now, normally I would not be one to complain about how someone dresses, in life and nor would I criticize it. We have all judged, however --“That guy is a major d-bag…I mean, look! What a total hipster…” However, where this freakish armor does become a problem, is that Halo no longer feels authentic. I understand that the entire point has become “appealing to a wider audience…” namely, our eastern friends, in that place where Microsoft struggles…“Asia.” This is why all the extravagant armor and art design. Rather than the simplistic, rustic, and practical designs that ended with Reach and that a military would be most likely to use in a future spacefaring scenario…it’s just not accessibly believable.

Notice, the armor my character wears is called “Noble,” which is a mish-mash of an early MKIV inspired design, along with Carter A259’s helmet and main armor setup. I like this design. However, Carter’s armor and helmet was technically called “Commando.” Though, he wore a left-shouldered Commando armor piece and mixed it with a right-shouldered MKIV armor piece, but the majority of his gear was Commando. If you look at Commando armor now, it looks like an angry transformer. And the Warrior helmet, by the way, looks like Optimus Prime, in fact. Essentially, a nice, rounded and simplistic design, turned into an over-complex, no-visored(very little) and boxy mess…come Halo 4. Thankfully, the addition of Noble armor offsets that problem, though, I don’t know why it had to be renamed. Kat, from Halo, wore Scout armor and helmet, but looking now at Sarah Palmer’s evolved equivalent, the helmet has become, simply, a “bird beak” with little visor. What happened? …and don’t even get me started on Shinobi, Hayabusa and Fotus(cyborg unicorn). I am reminded only by gameplay that this is Halo, but in watching everyone run around, I feel like it has completely lost that Erick Nylund feel.

RIP H3 Scout shoulders.

I’d like more sleek options. There’s a lot of bulky, steroid looking sets I’m just not into. The designs don’t feel as intentional or cohesive either.

> 2533274808210415;2:
> RIP H3 Scout shoulders.

RIP full armor customization.

I msis h3 rouge the new version is terrible

i feel like they are too simple and almost plastic looking

the blotches and stripes of white really ruin the aesthetics

> 2533275010968401;6:
> i feel like they are too simple and almost plastic looking
>
> the blotches and stripes of white really ruin the aesthetics

especially since you can’t even modify the color of it !

> 2533274872647908;7:
> > 2533275010968401;6:
> > i feel like they are too simple and almost plastic looking
> >
> > the blotches and stripes of white really ruin the aesthetics
>
>
> especially since you can’t even modify the color of it !

too right, both of you…although, not so much the “simple,” part.

Lol… But the backlash would be so real if they went with more simple designs. People would call 343 lazy, or uncreative. They can’t ever win that battle. I personally like the variety and craziness. It doesn’t have to be all serious. Wear the serious armor if you want to. But to take out the other side of the spectrum is silly. It’s the whole competitive playlist vs casual playlist problem. You need both for the game to feel complete. I don’t love every piece of armor, but I am excited over the variety. I haven’t found someone else with my armor/color setup. It’s a good feeling. (Though I just changed mine to the HCS set, I’m speaking of my normal set I wear).

its surely all preference, and that’s okay. But try and understand not everyone has the same eyes as you do(:

I’m seeing that a lot of people miss certain shoulder pieces. This bring me to another area of concern. I’m not sure if anyone else had noticed, but Halo 4 and 5 seem to, for the most part, rid of shoulder gear. It’s all moved down to the bicep…it’s bicep armor and the shoulder is exposed now.

> 2533274792195095;1:
> Kat, from Halo, wore Scout armor and helmet, but looking now at Sarah Palmer’s evolved equivalent, the helmet has become, simply, a “bird beak” with little visor.

Kat-B320 from Reach? She wore Air Assault, dude. And the Scout helmet has always looked… “avian”.

Although I agree with your points. Most of the new armor just looks too unlike what a realistic military would issue their soldiers. ‘Tis why I stick with my good ol’ Mark VI. Simple, sleek, and aesthetically modest.

> 2533274852681222;11:
> > 2533274792195095;1:
> > Kat, from Halo, wore Scout armor and helmet, but looking now at Sarah Palmer’s evolved equivalent, the helmet has become, simply, a “bird beak” with little visor.
>
>
> Kat-B320 from Reach? She wore Air Assault, dude. And the Scout helmet has always looked… “avian”.
>
> Although I agree with your points. Most of the new armor just looks too unlike what a realistic military would issue their soldiers. ‘Tis why I stick with my good ol’ Mark VI. Simple, sleek, and aesthetically modest.

Good call, and my mistake…and very good points. That’s why, despite all the ultra’s I have managed to unlock, I prefer Noble, for much of the same reason…even over the more annoying Noble Valor variant, with all it’s crossover race stripes. I like the classic stripes around the legs of Noble, it reminds me of early Master Chief. I will definitely shoot for unlocking MKIV helmet, when it comes out. That’s my all time favorite.

> 2533274792195095;10:
> I’m seeing that a lot of people miss certain shoulder pieces. This bring me to another area of concern. I’m not sure if anyone else had noticed, but Halo 4 and 5 seem to, for the most part, rid of shoulder gear. It’s all moved down to the bicep…it’s bicep armor and the shoulder is exposed now.

There is a fair reason for that, having shoulder armor would restrict your ability to raise your arms up, climbing and fighting might be tough to do. If you remember Reach’s armor they had the same thing on some of the basic sets, which in my opinion was a bit more functional. Having huge CQB style shoulders like in Halo 3 wouldn’t work very well.

> 2533274801432983;3:
> I’d like more sleek options. There’s a lot of bulky, steroid looking sets I’m just not into. The designs don’t feel as intentional or cohesive either.

id like to see more things along the lines of the HUNTER-Class. More streamlined and fighter jet looking. COPPERHEAD looks awesome, and FREEBOOTER is pretty cool.

> 2533274884387290;13:
> > 2533274792195095;10:
> > I’m seeing that a lot of people miss certain shoulder pieces. This bring me to another area of concern. I’m not sure if anyone else had noticed, but Halo 4 and 5 seem to, for the most part, rid of shoulder gear. It’s all moved down to the bicep…it’s bicep armor and the shoulder is exposed now.
>
>
> There is a fair reason for that, having shoulder armor would restrict your ability to raise your arms up, climbing and fighting might be tough to do. If you remember Reach’s armor they had the same thing on some of the basic sets, which in my opinion was a bit more functional. Having huge CQB style shoulders like in Halo 3 wouldn’t work very well.

that’s a pretty good point you got there

I noticed that there are some armors where your helmet will always go through the chest piece, no matter what helmet you have on.

> 2533274869022335;9:
> Lol… But the backlash would be so real if they went with more simple designs. People would call 343 lazy, or uncreative. They can’t ever win that battle. I personally like the variety and craziness. It doesn’t have to be all serious. Wear the serious armor if you want to. But to take out the other side of the spectrum is silly. It’s the whole competitive playlist vs casual playlist problem. You need both for the game to feel complete. I don’t love every piece of armor, but I am excited over the variety. I haven’t found someone else with my armor/color setup. It’s a good feeling. (Though I just changed mine to the HCS set, I’m speaking of my normal set I wear).
> I have the armour but it looks horrible to me
> its surely all preference, and that’s okay. But try and understand not everyone has the same eyes as you do(:

Shout out to my homies rocking the Noble armour.

But seriously, I have got like a total of 120 armour and helmets and I’m sure I like 7 things out of all of them. It sucks to me I work to rank up and get req points and then get stuff I don’t care about. I’ve been wearing the Noble armour since like week two of release and I have YET to find one I prefer over it.