The Ark

Soooooooo, my question is what will happen to the ark after Halo 3? Do you think it would be cool if we could visit the ark in a later halo game?

Well, it’s possible that the Chief might travel to the Ark to awaken Mendicant Bias, as speculated by most fans due to the 2013 E3 trailer showing the Chief travelling in a desert similar to the Ark.

In Halo:Hunters in the Dark we returned there and got quite a few good revelations

I’m sure we will be there sooner or later

So what I want to know:Are the remains of High Charity still on the ark or are they destroyed by the firing of the halo? And how have those animals on the cover of hunters in the dark survived the firing of halo or have they been brought to the ark later?
And I know its the wrong forum/post but is Hunters in the dark a comic or a novel?
Corrections and answers are welcome

Well Hunters in the Dark showed that the Ark, though damaged, was still around. The UNSC had access to it and had sent science teams by the end of the novel so theoretically we could go back there. That being said, Hunters was such a poorly written book that 343 might pretend it never happened.

As for the story implications of the Ark, I love the idea of bringing Medicant Bias into the story. However, 343 seems set on their current Cortana centric story line, so I doubt we will see Bias, just like I have my doubts we will ever see the Didact or Librarian again.

> 2535427499121034;5:
> Well Hunters in the Dark showed that the Ark, though damaged, was still around. The UNSC had access to it and had sent science teams by the end of the novel so theoretically we could go back there. That being said, Hunters was such a poorly written book that 343 might pretend it never happened.
>
> As for the story implications of the Ark, I love the idea of bringing Medicant Bias into the story. However, 343 seems set on their current Cortana centric story line, so I doubt we will see Bias, just like I have my doubts we will ever see the Didact or Librarian again.

Hunters in the Dark had some good ideas, but much of its was ignored in favour of “oh no, the Halo rings are going to fire… In 2555”. Another reason why Last Light was amazing: no unnecessary Galaxy shaking plot. Just a good, small scale story that 343 usually excel at (see Hunt the Truth, Escalation 7 (which was pretty decent considering every issue after that), Evolutions (mixed: ranges from decent to good), etc.).

I wouldn’t write out Mendicant Bias just yet, given the potential implications for Cortana bearing a few similarities to Mendicant Bias, and given that Mendicant Bias had several nods here and there over the past few years, I still hold out a some (tiny fraction of) hope that Mendicant will appear, or at least be relevant/mentioned somewhere down the line.

As for The Didact and the Librarian however, yeah, I share your doubts.

> 2535408730995228;4:
> So what I want to know:Are the remains of High Charity still on the ark or are they destroyed by the firing of the halo? And how have those animals on the cover of hunters in the dark survived the firing of halo or have they been brought to the ark later?
> And I know its the wrong forum/post but is Hunters in the dark a comic or a novel?
> Corrections and answers are welcome

The High Charity wreckage is still there. The animals in Hunters in the Dark (which is a novel) were rapidly bred by 000 Tragic Solitude from indexed samples of DNA stored on the Ark after the Installation 04(B) was fired.

In the book Halo: Hunters in the Dark we go back and see what happened to the ark after Halo 3

It would be interesting to see the ark again. Or maybe a new world or installation.

There were apparently two Ark installations, with the one being seen in Halo 3/Hunters in The Dark being the smaller Ark. In the Forerunner Sage we look of a much more massive Ark that was ravaged by the Flood.