The Arbiter (Thel Vadam)

Even if Cortana does not return for the next Halo installment, The Arbiter certainly needs to. I would not mind Cortana’s permanent death, so long as the Arbiter makes a return and does not necessarily die. I think most of the cumminity can agree with me on at least his returning. Chief and the Arbiter’s pairing was such a memorable one that their seperation I feel should be mended against the new threat, be it covenant or promethean or flood, etc. To have the two reunited would put the energy back into Halo and provide longtime fans with that long-needed await for the Arbiter’s reunion with the Master Cheif. It needs to be done 343, if you haven’t. Halo needs the Arbiter as much as it needs the Chief. R.I.P. Cortana

I would only want Arbs to return if it makes sense from a story standpoint, which it most likely won’t and Cortana should stay dead.

We need Arby back. He was awesome and it looks like chief will need his help by the look of that teaser trailer.

Cortana needs to stay gone though imo. I only found her to be really annoying and just whiney throughout the story. Also this trilogy is supposed to be about chief’s story and part of that should be him dealing with her death.

I’d like to see the arbiter return but I think cortana should stay gone we’ve already spent a game trying to get her back.

Bringing him back would please alot of fans (343i needs this badly) and also, bring back Cortana, somewhat, like a “backup” of her the Librarian may of done or something or the other.

We should have a better idea of whether or not to expect the Arbiter in Halo 5 after the novel Mortal Dictata releases, and we find out what happens on Sanghelios.

If it turns out Master Chief has gone rogue, I think it would be cool if the UNSC commissioned Arbie to retrieve him. He’s the closest thing Chief has to a friend anymore, so it kinda makes sense.

Bring them both back.

After Halo 2 Arbiter became just as important a character as Cheif. He needs to come back

Like the Didact, Cortana’s fate wasn’t clear cut. People saying she should stay dead are assuming she died in the first place.

> We should have a better idea of whether or not to expect the Arbiter in Halo 5 after the novel Mortal Dictata releases, and we find out what happens on Sanghelios.
>
> If it turns out Master Chief has gone rogue, I think it would be cool if the UNSC commissioned Arbie to retrieve him. <mark>He’s the closest thing Chief has to a friend anymore, so it kinda makes sense.</mark>

LOL not even close! They were simply the “enemy of my enemy is my friend”, Of course Master Chief grew to respect him as a formidable ally, i would doubt they were “friends”. The closest thing to friends Master Chief has is Blue team!

But bringing them in into Halo 5 would be disastrous because your typical Halo player does not know who they are and would most likely view 343I as fools putting in fake characters even though they’ve been around for a long time

> Like the Didact, Cortana’s fate wasn’t clear cut. People saying she should stay dead are assuming she died in the first place.

The in-game description for the Epilogue says she died. But the Didact’s death isn’t so much ambiguous as it is never-actually-happened. There was never much doubt that he survived, but Cortana had no way to survive. The ship that was keeping her alive went up in a nuclear fireball, she won’t come out of that.

I cannot see a single way from a story standpoint for the Arbiter to return in Halo 5. He’s got a Planet to rule, Brutes to deal with, and a Keep to cower in. There’s not a single reason for him to appear in the Campaign except for maybe a cutscene or two.

> I cannot see a single way from a story standpoint for the Arbiter to return in Halo 5. He’s got a Planet to rule, Brutes to deal with, and a Keep to cower in. There’s not a single reason for him to appear in the Campaign except for maybe a cutscene or two.

first off Thel is as brave or more brave than MC. Don’t throw insults around so easily.

They could at least do with him what Bioware did with Wrex in Mass Effect 2. Point of a damn good reason as to why he can’t charge off into battle with you again like you did years ago.

> > Like the Didact, Cortana’s fate wasn’t clear cut. People saying she should stay dead are assuming she died in the first place.
>
> The in-game description for the Epilogue says she died. But the Didact’s death isn’t so much ambiguous as it is never-actually-happened. There was never much doubt that he survived, but Cortana had no way to survive. The ship that was keeping her alive went up in a nuclear fireball, she won’t come out of that.

1. Of course if she’s still around in one way or another 343 wouldn’t want to spoil it, so they’d just have everything in Halo 4 pointing at her death.

2. Like someone else said, when the Librarian took her away she could have made a copy or something and then sent it off Requiem somewhere before it was destroyed, there are still unknowns as to what went on when the Librarian took her away, all we know is that Cortana was filled in about the Didact and Chief’s new immunity to the composer.

If 343 teased her data chip in the trailer just to show that Chief is being nostalgic and misses her and is now alone or whatever, and not that she’s returning some way some how, then that would be very annoying lol…and not just for me, I think that’s what most people probably thought when they saw her data chip. And if they also had all those clues about her surviving her rampancy during the campaign, and the fact that A.I.'s can become metastable if they survive rampancy, just for her to die…that would be bad story telling on the Mass Effect level, well maybe just IMO lol, but still…and if Chief dies at the end of the trilogy instead of retiring or something so help me…:stuck_out_tongue:

Halo 2 Arbiter - Yes
Halo 3 Sidekick - No

I’d love to see Arbiter (as well as Blue Team) pop up in this title.

But, I hope the Arbiter still speaks English and is still voiced by Keith David. :stuck_out_tongue:

> I cannot see a single way from a story standpoint for the Arbiter to return in Halo 5. He’s got a Planet to rule, Brutes to deal with, and a Keep to cower in. There’s not a single reason for him to appear in the Campaign except for maybe a cutscene or two.

I thought the elites had already all but dealt with the brutes. But yes there is a really easy way to bring him back. Forerunners or precursors or whoever come back with a massive force and crush earth or blow infinity to hell or attack sanghelios and humanity and the elites band together once again to fight off the new threat.

wow that was so difficult to come up with! It took me all of 5 minutes!

> > I cannot see a single way from a story standpoint for the Arbiter to return in Halo 5. He’s got a Planet to rule, Brutes to deal with, and a Keep to cower in. There’s not a single reason for him to appear in the Campaign except for maybe a cutscene or two.
>
> <mark>first off Thel is as brave or more brave than MC. Don’t throw insults around so easily.</mark>
>
> They could at least do with him what Bioware did with Wrex in Mass Effect 2. Point of a damn good reason as to why he can’t charge off into battle with you again like you did years ago.

lol, The Thursday War or Glasslands says otherwise

> I’d love to see Arbiter (as well as Blue Team) pop up in this title.
>
> But, I hope the Arbiter still speaks English and is still voiced by Keith David. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like the Arbiter to speak English to humans, but speak Sangheili to Elites.

That would make the most sense.

> 1. Of course if she’s still around in one way or another 343 wouldn’t want to spoil it, so they’d just have everything in Halo 4 pointing at her death.

Or…or…just pointing out the most likely options, she is just gone. The soon-to-be-released Halo 4 Essential Visual Guide says it, the game says it and Cortana herself says it.