the arbiter in the slient cartographer

in anniversary, when you are at the mission select screen there are 10 different little previews for each mission.

why is the arbiter (wearing the suit from 2 and 3) attacking marines in the preview for “the silent cartographer”?

I mean seriously look at it, I saw it on day one and expected someone on the forums to bring it up but I havent heard a word about it.

ok, NO ONE noticed this. I feel like im going crazy guys.

I though it was just me who thought that was the arbiter.

I’ve seen it. I believe it’s just concept art. I could be wrong though.

I saw it too. I was unsure whether or not if it was an Arbiter. Nonetheless, I’m pretty sure it was just concept art.

This was posted about back on CEA Day 1, not many people replied to it though…

im just wondering how NO ONE has said ANYTHING about this. or at least to the extent of my knowledge.
The “arbiter” as we know him, was a shipmaster in halo ce, and did not have that armor until halo 2.

i thought every one new about it…?

> im just wondering how NO ONE has said ANYTHING about this. or at least to the extent of my knowledge.
> The “arbiter” as we know him, was a shipmaster in halo ce, and did not have that armor until halo 2.

There have been hundreds of Arbiters before Thel 'Vadamee. They all use the same armor.

> > im just wondering how NO ONE has said ANYTHING about this. or at least to the extent of my knowledge.
> > The “arbiter” as we know him, was a shipmaster in halo ce, and did not have that armor until halo 2.
>
> There have been hundreds of Arbiters before Thel 'Vadamee. They all use the same armor.

yes, but correct me if I am wrong.
The most previous arbiter to thel was the arbiter used for the taming of the hunters, centuries before the war.
who is in the suit on the cartographer, weeks before the new arbiter was given the title?

> > > im just wondering how NO ONE has said ANYTHING about this. or at least to the extent of my knowledge.
> > > The “arbiter” as we know him, was a shipmaster in halo ce, and did not have that armor until halo 2.
> >
> > There have been hundreds of Arbiters before Thel 'Vadamee. They all use the same armor.
>
> yes, but correct me if I am wrong.
> The most previous arbiter to thel was the arbiter used for the taming of the hunters, centuries before the war.
> who is in the suit on the cartographer, weeks before the new arbiter was given the title?

No. The taming of the hunters was in 784 BCE.

@FormidonisRex: Thel was the 19th Arbiter. There may have been more before the founding of the Covenant, but in the whole of the Covenant’s existance, there have only been 19.

http://www.halopedian.com/Arbiter#Known_Arbiters

there was an arbiter on Reach, Jericho VII and of course, Ripa Moramee, the Halo wars era arbiter
So there was never an arbiter on Installation 04, as the last one (the Reach arby) was killed during the battle of Reach

1. The Arbiter wan’t a shipmaster, he was the Supreme Commander, in charge of all the Covenant soldiers the player fights in Halo:CE.
    2.there were several Arbiters between Thel and the one used in the Taming in the Hunters, the one in Halo Wars for example.

After the secret assault rifle and the scarab gun now we go search for the secret arbiter:)

Yeah, I noticed it too, but didn’t care because it’s just one image from Halo 3 cutted and pasted there.

And I’m talking about this image right here.

All the mission select pictures are concept art images. It’s nothing too important, though it does make me wonder why they put him in there in the first place.

> All the mission select pictures are concept art images. It’s nothing too important, though it does make me wonder why they put him in there in the first place.

The Sangheili you fight were from ships within his fleet.

It could be a reference that Thel Vadaam was on the surface and killed some marines on that island at some point but I doubt it so more then likely its nothing more than concept art

Maybe it’s just an Easter Egg? You know, 343i likes to stir us all up.

> Yeah, I noticed it too, but didn’t care because it’s just one image from Halo 3 cutted and pasted there.
>
> And I’m talking about this image right here.

I think its just a slick easter egg!