The AR Peashooter need a MASSIVE BUFf /Balance

OK well the AR right now is in a terrible state , even the bad inacurate Halo 4 AR was 1000 Times better than the AR in its current state …

Balance weapons should not be made in a way that pick ups weapons are overpower compare to starting weapons , Pick up weapons should be balance to offer alternative gameplays , offering range or AOE , 1 hit kills with long reaload and so on …

In the last built , the AR is a joke and everyones i know says the same thing . any weapons are more reliable than the AR at the momment , the problem isnt its accuracy or anything , its base damage is currently a joke … and need to be tweaked back to a " usable state " … This showoff even more in Big team battle where you frequently end up in 1 vs 3 + senario …

The balance is out of wack so far and the AR shouldnt be trash to satsfied the Vocal minority .

Edit: Anyones saying the AR is to good plays on controller ive seen how strong the aim assist is on the AR wich make it virtually impossible to miss shots on strafing targets wich duplicate its killing potential with the Aimbot that is aim assist Nerf aim assist and buff the AR damage

Not being contrary for the sake of it, but the AR is the most powerful possibly ever in Halo. Perhaps this is a joke post and I’ve fallen for it, but the AR is just fine.

When dropping starting weapons to pick up map weapons I’ll drop my pistol before the AR. In all past Halos, the AR would be the first to go.

interesting i have seen a 50/50 split on the AR being to OP and to WEAK

Not really, it’s such a strong weapon, the TTK is so fast with this thing even at mid-range. A lot of people wants to nerf the AR and i can see why tbh. A buff would be terrible, a few powerweapons would almost lost their right to exist.

And tbh, keeping the AR is almost everytime the right decision, it’s almost no need to take another weapon, wich is not good for the other weapons on the map.

I say keep the TTK and slow down the bloom a tad, I want the first 3 shots to be dead on

> 2535416959333535;3:
> interesting i have seen a 50/50 split on the AR being to OP and to WEAK

Anyones saying its OP are dishonest beyong the word and anyones saying it is too weak are correct .

Some peoples just dont want Halo to evolve in any way shape or form , they want the Terrible " AR /SMG " that is basically terrible at anything so they can dominate with pick up weapons only …

Pick up weapons beside the Rocket shouldnt be a win button , Pick up weapons should be " side grades " where they offer gameplay variety for different playstyle yet the starting weapons should be good enough to domminate in the hands of good players . Pick up weapons are ok as long as starting weapons are also as good in their own ways …

H2 H3 etc… Starting weapons design was flaw and terrible the BR meta was one of the most anoying thing bungie introduced in the game after the few first match to H2 after they nerfed SMG etc… to the ground and made them useless

the Same is hapening here the AR are now terrible and nearly useless … you almost cannot kill a single target with an entire magazine , its a pure joke

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Mods, can the troll be banned?

You’re joking right? Lol

> 2533274799325512;2:
> Not being contrary for the sake of it, but the AR is the most powerful possibly ever in Halo. Perhaps this is a joke post and I’ve fallen for it, but the AR is just fine.
>
> When dropping starting weapons to pick up map weapons I’ll drop my pistol before the AR. In all past Halos, the AR would be the first to go.

Truer words were never spoken, only played MP for 3 hours yesterday and that was the lesson: AR almighty.

lmao, sadly I find myself dropping other weapons than the AR the first time ever in a Halo game.

> 2533274831484430;9:
> > 2533274799325512;2:
> > Not being contrary for the sake of it, but the AR is the most powerful possibly ever in Halo. Perhaps this is a joke post and I’ve fallen for it, but the AR is just fine.
> >
> > When dropping starting weapons to pick up map weapons I’ll drop my pistol before the AR. In all past Halos, the AR would be the first to go.
>
> Truer words were never spoken, only played MP for 3 hours yesterday and that was the lesson: AR almighty.

Well if you consider that basically in the best case senario when 1 vs 1 against a Very bad player it will take you up to 30 to 36 AR shot to kill a barely mooving spartan while you can 2 shot them even with the bad shock riffle and with 8 shot with the VK commando while ADS then i dont know what to say to you …

AR in the last build is terrible and useless and this as been pointed out more than once when playing Big team and you end up with many 1 vs 3 + fights the weapon should kill with 17 shot at most in the optimal senario not 32+

The AR feel terrible and i would play with pretty much anything else over it wich isnt good …

The balance need to be around " side grade " and more Option to get more variety , not straight up Upgrade at all time

> 2533274987139949;4:
> Not really, it’s such a strong weapon, the TTK i so fast with this thing even at mid-range. A lot of people wants to nerf the AR and i can see why tbh. A buff would be terrible, a few powerweapons would almost lost their right to exist.
>
> And tbh, keeping the AR is almost everytime the right decision, it’s almost no need to take another weapon, wich is not good for the other weapons on the map.

I am sorry but if you consider a 30+ shot at optimal range agaisnt terrible slow mooving player or bots " A fast TTK " then have you ever tried the commando or the sniper or the skewer or even the shock riffle or basically even melee ?

I will melee a guy twice before he can kill me with his AR only in close range .

The AR is in a terrible state right now

> 2533274851157791;5:
> I say keep the TTK and slow down the bloom a tad, I want the first 3 shots to be dead on

I agree mostly but I think it should just be the first shot to be dead on. If not it could possible allow for contolled cross mops with the AR

This gotta be a joke… The AR is legitimately the most powerful weapon in Infinite at the moment.

> 2533274792075066;12:
> > 2533274987139949;4:
> > Not really, it’s such a strong weapon, the TTK i so fast with this thing even at mid-range. A lot of people wants to nerf the AR and i can see why tbh. A buff would be terrible, a few powerweapons would almost lost their right to exist.
> >
> > And tbh, keeping the AR is almost everytime the right decision, it’s almost no need to take another weapon, wich is not good for the other weapons on the map.
>
> I am sorry but if you consider a 30+ shot at optimal range agaisnt terrible slow mooving player or bots " A fast TTK " then have you ever tried the commando or the sniper or the skewer or even the shock riffle or basically even melee ?
>
> I will melee a guy twice before he can kill me with his AR only in close range .
>
> The AR is in a terrible state right now

No, its a fact the AR has a really fast TTK, check this out: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/ttk-has-been-drastically-reduced-why-this-matters/073bae06-c53c-4ba9-9337-c61c9a5a630f/posts?page=1

You are right about the commando, but since the recoil is noticable and only 20 shot magazin i don’t think, this needs a buff or nerf.

Sniper and Skewer are powerweapons, they MUST be lethal AF, otherwise they don’t have a right to exist. This is Halo and and usualy the fundamental idea is to have more or less mediocre starting weapons (wich is now definetely not the case xD) and pick up better on the map, wich requires map control and strategy, it’s not sense of the matter to have really powerful guns right at the beginning (they shouldn’t be bad, but not almost OP like the AR now) It’s almost no need to pickup other weapons especially in Arena 4vs4 (Besides BTB, Skewer, Sniper, spanker are good to destroy vehicles). You can domninate a match only playing the AR (try this in H3 or Halo reach xD) and i hope 343i change that.

EDIT: I think 343i has confirmed, that the BXB exploit will be fixed (the melee exploit)

> 2533274987139949;15:
> > 2533274792075066;12:
> > > 2533274987139949;4:
> > > Not really, it’s such a strong weapon, the TTK i so fast with this thing even at mid-range. A lot of people wants to nerf the AR and i can see why tbh. A buff would be terrible, a few powerweapons would almost lost their right to exist.
> > >
> > > And tbh, keeping the AR is almost everytime the right decision, it’s almost no need to take another weapon, wich is not good for the other weapons on the map.
> >
> > I am sorry but if you consider a 30+ shot at optimal range agaisnt terrible slow mooving player or bots " A fast TTK " then have you ever tried the commando or the sniper or the skewer or even the shock riffle or basically even melee ?
> >
> > I will melee a guy twice before he can kill me with his AR only in close range .
> >
> > The AR is in a terrible state right now
>
> No, its a fact the AR has a really fast TTK, check this out: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/ttk-has-been-drastically-reduced-why-this-matters/073bae06-c53c-4ba9-9337-c61c9a5a630f/posts?page=1
>
> You are right about the commando, but since the recoil is noticable and only 20 shot magazin i don’t think, this needs a buff or nerf.
>
> Sniper and Skewer are powerweapons, they MUST be lethal AF, otherwise they don’t have a right to exist. This is Halo and and usualy the fundamental idea is to have more or less mediocre starting weapons (wich is now definetely not the case xD) and pick up better on the map, wich requires map control and strategy, it’s not sense of the matter to have really powerful guns right at the beginning (they shouldn’t be bad, but not almost OP like the AR now)
>
> It’s almost no need to pickup other weapons especially in Arena 4vs4 (Besides BTB, Skewer, Sniper, spanker are good to destroy vehicles). You can domninate a match only playing the AR (try this in H3 or Halo reach xD) and i hope 343i change that.
>
> EDIT: I think 343i has confirmed, that the BXB exploit will be fixed (the melee exploit)

Feel free to watch any of my BTB matches , and i can say that i will never ever use a AR anymore because its a terrible weapon unless i am forced to use it ...

Starting weapons shouldnt be the worst weapons in the game , all weapons should be as good in their own way , range etc… and the players skills should be the defining factor . the AR without pre grenade damage is terrible it take from 30 to 36 shot an entire magazine to kill a slow mooving target at optimal range and pretty much anything can outDPS you …

All weapons should be treated as " side grades " not as Upgrade unless its the ROCKET , Sniper should require skills wich it does , Skewer should require skills wich it does …

The two weakess weapons in the game so far are the AR and the Shotgun

> 2533274792075066;16:
> > 2533274987139949;15:
> > > 2533274792075066;12:
> > > > 2533274987139949;4:
> > > > Not really, it’s such a strong weapon, the TTK i so fast with this thing even at mid-range. A lot of people wants to nerf the AR and i can see why tbh. A buff would be terrible, a few powerweapons would almost lost their right to exist.
> > > >
> > > > And tbh, keeping the AR is almost everytime the right decision, it’s almost no need to take another weapon, wich is not good for the other weapons on the map.
> > >
> > > I am sorry but if you consider a 30+ shot at optimal range agaisnt terrible slow mooving player or bots " A fast TTK " then have you ever tried the commando or the sniper or the skewer or even the shock riffle or basically even melee ?
> > >
> > > I will melee a guy twice before he can kill me with his AR only in close range .
> > >
> > > The AR is in a terrible state right now
> >
> > No, its a fact the AR has a really fast TTK, check this out: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/ttk-has-been-drastically-reduced-why-this-matters/073bae06-c53c-4ba9-9337-c61c9a5a630f/posts?page=1
> >
> > You are right about the commando, but since the recoil is noticable and only 20 shot magazin i don’t think, this needs a buff or nerf.
> >
> > Sniper and Skewer are powerweapons, they MUST be lethal AF, otherwise they don’t have a right to exist. This is Halo and and usualy the fundamental idea is to have more or less mediocre starting weapons (wich is now definetely not the case xD) and pick up better on the map, wich requires map control and strategy, it’s not sense of the matter to have really powerful guns right at the beginning (they shouldn’t be bad, but not almost OP like the AR now)
> >
> > It’s almost no need to pickup other weapons especially in Arena 4vs4 (Besides BTB, Skewer, Sniper, spanker are good to destroy vehicles). You can domninate a match only playing the AR (try this in H3 or Halo reach xD) and i hope 343i change that.
> >
> > EDIT: I think 343i has confirmed, that the BXB exploit will be fixed (the melee exploit)
>
> Halo Infinite Big team battle Skewer Overkill lol ! - YouTube
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__X6gWARGuk
>
> Feel free to watch any of my BTB matches , and i can say that i will never ever use a AR anymore because its a terrible weapon unless i am forced to use it …
>
> Starting weapons shouldnt be the worst weapons in the game , all weapons should be as good in their own way , range etc… and the players skills should be the defining factor . the AR without pre grenade damage is terrible it take from 30 to 36 shot an entire magazine to kill a slow mooving target at optimal range and pretty much anything can outDPS you …
>
> All weapons should be treated as " side grades " not as Upgrade unless its the ROCKET , Sniper should require skills wich it does , Skewer should require skills wich it does …
>
> The two weakess weapons in the game so far are the AR and the Shotgun

i don’t have to discuss with you. Usually i’m open minded for other opinions/meanings and not cocky but in this case i know that i’m right, and the big majority of the community see’s the same way like me. AR is a little to strong

> 2760465307323250;10:
> lmao, sadly I find myself dropping other weapons than the AR the first time ever in a Halo game.

I’m with you I prefer a precision weapon to be my main tool but right now AR is the meta

Halo Infinite has a pretty unique balance problem for Halo: the individual Spartan is too weak off spawn BUT the primary starting weapon is also too strong.

So the loadout does indeed need a buff, but the AR needs a nerf.

The individual player needs ranged capability off spawn to protect against the advantage of enemies who have gained more powerful weapons and position. I agree with the OP that it’s not fun running up a hill to fight a sniper you can’t shoot back against. That’s where a precision starting loadout comes into play. One with a fast optimal kill time but a slower average one.

The problem with the AR is that it doesn’t afford that nuance. It’s optimal and average kill times are very close. And since the gun doesn’t require much skill, when you buff it into a medium range gun it can be too oppressive to individual players by buffing enemy teams.

It’s not fun to be lasered down by 4 battle rifles at once, but at least then one of the four has to land a headshot. With ARs 4 players can kill you faster and they can do it with body shots. And the faster ROF of the gun makes missed shots more forgiven.

What Infinite needs is a precision utility. A jack of all trades but master of none gun. A gun capable of fighting off power weapons, but not one that’s as strong as them as a given.

Right now honestly the closest gun to fulfilling this role is perhaps the Commando, but I think it works better as a pickup. Getting teamshot by one can feel equally as oppressive and it’s magazine is to shallow to empower the individual player.

Unfortunately the AR’s loadout mate is forever demoted to sidearm–the sidekick needs a buff for casual 4v4 but I don’t think 343 will ever buff it into the magnum BTB or HCS would need it to be.

So that leaves the BR as logical precision starting weapon. But it kills far too slow compared to the rest of the sandbox. Even though it is capable at range, it’s slow ttk would make it feel even worse against some of the closer range map pickups.

But if we straight buff the BR it will still be a similar problem as the AR as it’s optimal and average kill times are too similar. So it needs a nerf to auto aim/bullet magnetism and perhaps it should require leading shots at extended ranges. The number of body shots to kill without headshots could also be increased. Right now the BR kills in 12 bullets (with a headshot) and 18 bullets without. That’s effectively 4 shots and 6 shots. One could be buffed and the other nerfed to add more nuance to the weapon. Maybe 11 bullets (with a headshot) and 19 without making it a more consistent 4 shot and weakening it to 7 body shots. That with a ROF buff to make its optimal kill in the 1-1.2 second range of alot of the rest of the sandbox should make for an acceptable precision utility for ranked and BTB.

The AR I would nerf by making bloom quicker to spread and slower to reset. Removing the headshot modifier. And potentially reverting it to a 32 round magazine if those changes weren’t enough.

To compensate I’d buff the Sidekick for casual play so that the combination of AR and Sidekick would provide for a pseudo utility for casual play but still allow for more AR engagements and less ranged gunplay.
For the Sidekick, I’d keep the ttk the same. Reduce to a 6sk instead of 7. Keep the body shots the same. Up the magazine size to 18 rounds. And remove bloom.

For across the board changes, I’d remove zoom from all the guns without a scope. Or add descope if scoping would be needed for balance. And (maybe unpopular opinion) add friendly fire to all modes to reduce spaming shots and grenades.

Honestly some amount of these changes are crucial for my continued involvement with the game. There are some glaring weapon balance issues with this game. But I think this would be a good foundation for changes moving forward.

> 2535426763288543;18:
> > 2760465307323250;10:
> > lmao, sadly I find myself dropping other weapons than the AR the first time ever in a Halo game.
>
> I’m with you I prefer a precision weapon to be my main tool but right now AR is the meta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ObQ7TF6rY&t=711s

Here the few games i have recorded , and the AR in most instance end up into a Beat down kill or a pistol kill rather than a AR kill , and this is factual

The only peoples saying the AR is " META " is because they get kill in 4 vs 4 with AR simply because Pick up weapons are unavailable and because most 4 vs 4 maps beside behemoth does not allow much room to operate precision or range weapons properly because of the " Dscope stupid mechanics " …

AR is not META , AR is a dumbster fire as we speak , it take up to 30+ shot to kill a slow movving target or a low difficulty bots and up to 2 magazine to kills a decent player or a Spartan bots in most case senario at optimal range …

Feel free to count how many kills are scored with AR in BTB where range and pick ups are available ?

The AR is the worst weapons in the game so far with the Shotgun wich is also terrible , every other weapons are somewhat potents for their range / design usage …

Its not because you die to AR in 4 VS 4 that make it meta , its because the map design and pick up availability is what make it more frequent and the team shot + Grenade then AR finish etc…

Most of my AR attempted kills end up into a melee kill and i swear and can proove with videos that every single weapons in this game is more effecient than the AR , even the Needler