The AR and Sidekick are too powerful

I enjoy both weapons, but the time to kill on both is too quick.

The rest of the sandbox is quite spectacular, a well balanced mixture with a variety of play styles accomidated for. But, the AR and Sidekick both need a nerf to put them firmly behind or just on par with the Commando/BR.

The AR could be nerf’d in a variety of ways. Not all need to be implemented.

• Damage decrease
  • Headshot multiplier removed
  • Increased bullet spread at range

The sidekick also has some possibly avenues of improving its place in the sandbox.

• Slow the firerate by a split-second
  • Decrease damage, raising to a 8 shot rather than 7.
  • Limit viable range.

I love both of these weapons, but I don’t want a H5 pistol meta nor a skilless AR meta.

343 is so close to the best Halo sandbox ever, just needs a little tweaking.

What range are you talking about? They definitely do not need a nerf. Increasing the TTK on either weapon would make them useless. If anything, the BR body damage could be buffed.

> 2535441376071620;2:
> What range are you talking about? They definitely do not need a nerf. Increasing the TTK on either weapon would make them useless. If anything, the BR body damage could be buffed.

AR definatly needs a nerf

It doesn’t need it. Finally the AR feels like a rifle and not a useless weapon like in all the previous Halo games.

Just wanted to stop by and say… I disagree. :slight_smile:

> 2533274988379655;4:
> It doesn’t need it. Finally the AR feels like a rifle and not a useless weapon like in all the previous Halo games.

I don’t want it to be useless. But it shouldn’t annihilate the BR and Commando.

> 2533274876991706;6:
> > 2533274988379655;4:
> > It doesn’t need it. Finally the AR feels like a rifle and not a useless weapon like in all the previous Halo games.
>
> I don’t want it to be useless. But it shouldn’t annihilate the BR and Commando.

It should in it’s intended range, BR shouldnt be good at every range like in 2/3.

> 2533274876991706;6:
> > 2533274988379655;4:
> >
>
> I don’t want it to be useless. But it shouldn’t annihilate the BR and Commando.

Ayeee, I played against you earlier in PvP!

I have felt like the BR and Commando still dominate, they win against both the AR and Sidekick in their ideal range. It feels like the weapons are finally getting some semblance of balance where you need to have the right weapon at the right range. A lot of weapons in other Halo games are just outclassed at every range so they become useless.

The AR does have slightly more range than I’d like it too, and the Sidekick slightly less.

> 2533274801036271;8:
> > 2533274876991706;6:
> > > 2533274988379655;4:
> > >
> >
> > I don’t want it to be useless. But it shouldn’t annihilate the BR and Commando.
>
> Ayeee, I played against you earlier in PvP!
>
> I have felt like the BR and Commando still dominate, they win against both the AR and Sidekick in their ideal range. It feels like the weapons are finally getting some semblance of balance where you need to have the right weapon at the right range. A lot of weapons in other Halo games are just outclassed at every range so they become useless.
>
> The AR does have slightly more range than I’d like it too, and the Sidekick slightly less.

Really?

How’d I do? lol.

> 2533274801924458;7:
> > 2533274876991706;6:
> > > It doesn’t need it. Finally the AR feels like a rifle and not a useless weapon like in all the previous Halo games.
> >
> > I don’t want it to be useless. But it shouldn’t annihilate the BR and Commando.
>
> It should in it’s intended range, BR shouldnt be good at every range like in 2/3.

I agree, but the AR goes beyond what I’d consider its intended range.

> 2533274876991706;6:
> > 2533274988379655;4:
> > It doesn’t need it. Finally the AR feels like a rifle and not a useless weapon like in all the previous Halo games.
>

But you have to look at it from a different perspective. The BR/Commando are mid/long range exclusively at this point, so if someone with an AR gets up close they should definitely be able to outplay the BR user. It’s a definite change from the past games for sure. But I do think the AR and Sidekick are a bit op. I think the AR should lose its headshot multiplier and the sidekick just feels too powerful this flight. Like I was getting my shields melted cross map on Recharge with a Sidekick, which shouldn’t be the case for a sidekick weapon in my opinion.

> 2533274837720524;11:
> > 2533274876991706;6:
> > > It doesn’t need it. Finally the AR feels like a rifle and not a useless weapon like in all the previous Halo games.
> >
>
> But you have to look at it from a different perspective. The BR/Commando are mid/long range exclusively at this point, so if someone with an AR gets up close they should definitely be able to outplay the BR user. It’s a definite change from the past games for sure. But I do think the AR and Sidekick are a bit op. I think the AR should lose its headshot multiplier and the sidekick just feels too powerful this flight. Like I was getting my shields melted cross map on Recharge with a Sidekick, which shouldn’t be the case for a sidekick weapon in my opinion.

“But I do think the AR and Sidekick are a bit op. I think the AR should lose its headshot multiplier and the sidekick just feels too powerful this flight.”

You and I agree my friend.

> 2533274876991706;9:
> > 2533274801036271;8:
> > > 2533274876991706;6:
> > > > 2533274988379655;4:
> > > >
>
> Really?
>
> How’d I do? lol.

I’m sure you’ve had better results lmao, it was Slayer on Live Fire. I think you went about -5. I didn’t do much better, went 10-10-10 and broke even. Was a close game, felt like a solid competitive match, everyone seemed to be playing decent.

I recognised your name from the forum. Played another guy I recognised from the forum and he went 2-17 on my team in Slayer haha.

I was kinda tired of using nothing but the battle rifle/dmr in past halo games. I like that the AR got a buff and we have a good pistol

> 2533274801036271;13:
> > 2533274876991706;9:
> > > 2533274801036271;8:
> > > > 2533274876991706;6:
> > > > > 2533274988379655;4:
> > > > >
> >
> > Really?
> >
> > How’d I do? lol.
>
> I’m sure you’ve had better results lmao, it was Slayer on Live Fire. I think you went about -5. I didn’t do much better, went 10-10-10 and broke even. Was a close game, felt like a solid competitive match, everyone seemed to be playing decent.
>
> I recognised your name from the forum. Played another guy I recognised from the forum and he went 2-17 on my team in Slayer haha.

Damn. Of all the matches I played it was one like that

> 2533274801036271;8:
> > 2533274876991706;6:
> > >
>
> The AR does have slightly more range than I’d like it too, and the Sidekick slightly less.

Agreed very much so :+1:

I think they’re pretty well balanced but i think maybe the AR just needs a slight decrease in accuracy at range. Cross mapping fools better than the pistol is… Not good.

I think people need to remember that this is a video game and every weapon doesn’t need to be lore accurate. The fact the two starting weapons have higher TTK than most weapons in the game is pretty unacceptable. As of right now the BR and Commando should be the starting weapons if the TTK doesn’t change.

I think there’s a much bigger issue here though, as of right now all weapons are good all around weapons which will lead to people avoiding weapons because what’s the point of picking up a weapon if the one you have is just as good. There needs to be some uniqueness to each weapon like the pistol being the weapon you go to if you’re trying to one shot someone with little to no shields or you pull out the AR to shoot someone that’s at close range. If things stay the way they are the game will undoubtedly become boring after a short while. Another good example is the Plasma Pistol, killing a Spartan with a Plasma pistol used to be something to celebrate but now it kills almost as fast as a BR :confused: . This needs to change ASAP.

The issue with adressing only a few weapons, is that it will make other weapons come across as too strong. If only the AR and Sidekick are changed, the BR and Commando as they currently are would become too dominant. You wouldn’t want that because you would be wrecked at all ranges until you find a better weapon. Then we would be forced to spawn with the BR to ballance things, and two weapons (AR and Sidekick) would be mostly unused in most gameplay. Halo 3 really did not have very good weapon balance, and 343 should try their best to make all weapons viable within their niches. Think Halo 3, but with a slightly nerfed rate of fire on the BR.

> 2533274822068856;19:
> The issue with adressing only a few weapons, is that it will make other weapons come across as too strong. If only the AR and Sidekick are changed, the BR and Commando as they currently are would become too dominant. You wouldn’t want that because you would be wrecked at all ranges until you find a better weapon. Then we would be forced to spawn with the BR to ballance things, and two weapons (AR and Sidekick) would be mostly unused in most gameplay. Halo 3 really did not have very good weapon balance, and 343 should try their best to make all weapons viable within their niches. Think Halo 3, but with a slightly nerfed rate of fire on the BR.

I disagree.

The AR and Sidekick don’t need to be made inferior, they just need to be balanced.