The appeal of Exile

When I first began playing, this was hands down my favorite map in BTB. (for me it was because it was the easiest to learn, had a tank, etc.)

I have since grown tired of it due to the sheer volume that it is chosen.

So I’m asking the community on a serious note, what specificallymakes you chose Exile over other maps?

Only map with Gauss Hog and Tank, has a banshee as well so a vehicle focused map.
Color pallet is pleasing to the eyes due to the “Green Effect”
Bases are defined but easy enough to push to one side and switch them.
Long sight lines
Close Quarters area in center of map

Tank, Gauss, and the hope for blue team. Honestly they should just rename BTB to Big Team Exile and friends.

> When I first began playing, this was hands down my favorite map in BTB. (for me it was because it was the easiest to learn, had a tank, etc.)
>
> I have since grown tired of it due to the sheer volume that it is chosen.
>
> So I’m asking the community on a serious note, what specificallymakes you chose Exile over other maps?

Only map with Tank.

Longbow is my favorite Big Team map.

I don’t know. It’s just fun.

Personally I think that H4 should have launched with more MP maps because I’m absolutely sick of playing Exile. It seems like Exile comes up everytime. I bought the Crimson pack to relieve this but to no avail because those maps rarely come up.

> Personally I think that H4 should have launched with more MP maps because I’m absolutely sick of playing Exile. It seems like Exile comes up everytime. I bought the Crimson pack to relieve this but to no avail because those maps rarely come up.

You know there are other game modes besides BTB…

i’ve never really seen the appeal of it

> Only map with Gauss Hog and Tank, has a banshee as well so a vehicle focused map.
> Color pallet is pleasing to the eyes due to the “Green Effect”
> Bases are defined but easy enough to push to one side and switch them.
> Long sight lines
> Close Quarters area in center of map

Agreed.

Despite what people say, either team has an opportunity of winning. If I spawn Blue team, I know what I need to do to enable a good chance to win. On the other hand, if I spawn Red, I know what I need to do in order to have a good chance to win.It’s all about playing smart.However, I’m not going to give a “tips & tricks” post on what I do because I don’t want “you” to have an equal opportunity or God forbid,an advantage over “our” team, whether Blue or Red.

You can have fun in the vehicles, whether the Scorpion, Banshee, Ghost or Gauss Hog…I’ve seen cool stuff on the Mongoose too but the Chain Gun Hog…well, that’s another story. In order of kill effectiveness, it’s the Gauss Hog, Banshee, Scorpion, Ghost then, whatever. Long kill streaks are possible when a vehicle is used right. BTW, the Gauss Hog is not an exclusively Blue team vehicle and nor is the Scorpion a Red team vehicle. But, I won’t get into that here.

Despite the vehicle play, foot soldiers do as equally well, if playing “smart”. High kills streaks are possible on Exile by Infantry without ever touching a vehicle.

With so many vehicles and foot soldiers, the fighting is intense and can seesaw back and forth. But, other times, its a slaughter fest (rare occasions). On those occasions, it’s not the load-outs fault or vehicles fault but the players fault.

I love th fact that if you want to keep away from a vehicle and play in someones face, you can and it’s heaps of fun. The maps caves either side and though the centre and in and around top middle, are great.

Exile is great but, for me, Meltdown, Vortex, Longbow and Ragnarok are good too, for various reasons.

honestly it comes up way to often.
if there were scorpions on other maps, and dlc required for btb and dominion playlists this might solve the problem.
hoping the castle map pack has more dom/btb maps, but without the dlc being required to play we will never see them.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature. This includes the use of soundalike terms as improvised euphemisms.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

All the homosapiens want to get in the tank and gauss.

I honestly mean this and aren’t trying to start a flamewar over it, but I’ve noticed a lot of less skilled players voting Exile every time for the coin flip spawns of who gets blue. Blue team has a tremendous advantage, I don’t care what people say about the tank countering the Gauss effectively. 9 out of 10 times, a decent team’s Gauss will take out the tank in the first thirty seconds, then proceed to demolish the red team. Stack that with the blue team having an easier time getting to the banshee and a decent chance of hijacking the tank by taking a mongoose, and it’s a horribly unbalanced map.

Scorpion tank, although the tank is awful no matter what halo 4 map you put it on, so I really dont see how people hope to survive more than 2 mins in the tank, or even the gauss hog. You can thank spawning with pp’s/stickies for that.

I’ve been playing BTB to finish the last few weapons I need for the Weapon Mastery commendation (only the Binary and Fuel Rod left) and this map is all. people. ever. vote. for. zzzzzz… It’d be interesting to see if people loved it so much if there was no Gauss at Blue spawn, I doubt it. For me, I could play on Longbow all day, every day. Exile is fast approaching my level of hatred for Complex.

Exile is definitely an amazing map but in my opinion, the voting system is flawed because it practically assures that the minority will never be spoken for. I would definitely play exile most of the time over the other maps but if you hated Exile, you are required to play it 4 out of 5 times in Big Team Battle. I would be fine if it were random every time.

> I’ve been playing BTB to finish the last few weapons I need for the Weapon Mastery commendation (only the Binary and Fuel Rod left) and this map is all. people. ever. vote. for. zzzzzz… It’d be interesting to see if people loved it so much if there was no Gauss at Blue spawn, I doubt it. For me, I could play on Longbow all day, every day. Exile is fast approaching my level of hatred for Complex.

A little off topic, but can I ask how you got the plasma pistol commendation?

holy smoke, I just looked at your service record, 17000 games and 111 days playtime, thats impressive.

> > I’ve been playing BTB to finish the last few weapons I need for the Weapon Mastery commendation (only the Binary and Fuel Rod left) and this map is all. people. ever. vote. for. zzzzzz… It’d be interesting to see if people loved it so much if there was no Gauss at Blue spawn, I doubt it. For me, I could play on Longbow all day, every day. Exile is fast approaching my level of hatred for Complex.
>
> A little off topic, but can I ask how you got the plasma pistol commendation?
>
> holy smoke, I just looked at your service record, 17000 games and 111 days playtime, thats impressive.

Those figures are false…either s/he played on a glitched map which multiplied his/her game stats or its a case of out right cheating. Either way, the stats are not true.

> > > I’ve been playing BTB to finish the last few weapons I need for the Weapon Mastery commendation (only the Binary and Fuel Rod left) and this map is all. people. ever. vote. for. zzzzzz… It’d be interesting to see if people loved it so much if there was no Gauss at Blue spawn, I doubt it. For me, I could play on Longbow all day, every day. Exile is fast approaching my level of hatred for Complex.
> >
> > A little off topic, but can I ask how you got the plasma pistol commendation?
> >
> > holy smoke, I just looked at your service record, 17000 games and 111 days playtime, thats impressive.
>
> Those figures are false…either s/he played on a glitched map which multiplied his/her game stats or its a case of out right cheating. Either way, the stats are not true.

yeah I just did the math and the game hasnt even been out for 111 days by my reckoning.

> When I first began playing, this was hands down my favorite map in BTB. (for me it was because it was the easiest to learn, had a tank, etc.)
>
> I have since grown tired of it due to the sheer volume that it is chosen.
>
> So I’m asking the community on a serious note, <mark>what specificallymakes you chose Exile over other maps?</mark>

Halo players are bland and the ability to pick maps makes the game bland. Halo was absolutely fine without a vote/veto system. Most players don’t play all that often so when they do they want to play maps that they like. The overall popular maps of the game are always going to get over-picked. So if you don’t like them or grown tired of them then you’re basically screwed. I always sit down and think how ridiculously overplayed Lockout would have been had a voting system been in place for Halo 2. Variety is the spice of life. Choice is sometimes a luxury but that isn’t always a good thing. If it was up to me I’d strip away the ability to choose maps. Too bad Halo players also have a terrible brat mentality so if they don’t like the map they are just going to quit. You really can’t win either way. We are going to be forever stuck with playing the same 3 maps over and over again for the rest of Halo eternity and it sucks.

Generally Flat
Has a lot of Cover
Has a lot of Long range AND Close Range combat possibility
Doesn’t rely on specific location map control (it does rely on Vehicle control though, which I find somewhat annoying)

I don’t usually vote for it though, because I like variety, and chances are it will get picked whether or not I do vote for it, so I vote for something else to increase the chance of playing different maps.