The Announcer tone and Medals

So since Halo 4, the announcer Jeff Steitzer (bless his heart) started taking a more…sportish tone with the modes and kills. From saying Slayer to Double Kill to Gain the lead, its been an energenic tone for the most part as if he was spectating am eSports match. Now we have him actually saying “No Scope” or “Ninja” also in an esports way. ? I personally felt Halo CE to Reach was the best approach with the gruff, straight forward, militaristic but powerful tone of a badass.

The only medal I can say I really enjoy is the “Perfect” medal. Halo Infinites artstyle especially gives off that more serious and ethereal tone Halo is known for as opposed to the Bionicle/ Toy look Halo 4-5 gave. How does everyone about this

I get what you mean. In Halo 5 for example, Steizer definitely sounded like more of a “human robot” or a futuristic sportscaster. I honestly had no issue with it because I thought it was pretty cool. It kinda deviated away for the more simpler sounding Steizer from Halo 3, which isn’t a bad thing. Halo Infinite seems like more of a mix, with that classic sound taking priority.

The medals definitely need more spice, I would say.

And “unfriggenbelievable” needs to come back. It doesn’t have to but, compared to “Demon?” That sounds waaaaaaay cooler, my g.

I think he sounded best in 3 and Reach. 1 and 2 he was too dull imo, while in 4 and 5 he was too excited. I actually thought Infinite was a better tone than 4 and 5, still a little on the sporty side, but not to the same degree. It’s been a while, iirc, Halo 4 had an announcement for pretty much everything, glad they toned that back a little.

I am at least glad they removed some of the audio filters to his voice, but I do agree with you. It is confirmed we can change the announcer, so maybe they will have a Classic Jeff option… that will be locked behind a pay wall…

> 2533274926527272;3:
> I think he sounded best in 3 and Reach. 1 and 2 he was too dull imo, while in 4 and 5 he was too excited. I actually thought Infinite was a better tone than 4 and 5, still a little on the sporty side, but not to the same degree. It’s been a while, iirc, Halo 4 had an announcement for pretty much everything, glad they toned that back a little.

What are you on about? He literally sounds the most badass in CE, it’s just that he doesn’t have that many lines.

> 2535470395434446;5:
> > 2533274926527272;3:
> > I think he sounded best in 3 and Reach. 1 and 2 he was too dull imo, while in 4 and 5 he was too excited. I actually thought Infinite was a better tone than 4 and 5, still a little on the sporty side, but not to the same degree. It’s been a while, iirc, Halo 4 had an announcement for pretty much everything, glad they toned that back a little.
>
> What are you on about? He literally sounds the most badass in CE, it’s just that he doesn’t have that many lines.

He sounds kind of monotone to me. Not that I dislike it, just prefer 3/Reach voice.

Yeah, I loved Halo 3 and Halo Reach voice, that was perfect to me.

> 2535470395434446;5:
> > 2533274926527272;3:
> > I think he sounded best in 3 and Reach. 1 and 2 he was too dull imo, while in 4 and 5 he was too excited. I actually thought Infinite was a better tone than 4 and 5, still a little on the sporty side, but not to the same degree. It’s been a while, iirc, Halo 4 had an announcement for pretty much everything, glad they toned that back a little.
>
> What are you on about? He literally sounds the most badass in CE, it’s just that he doesn’t have that many lines.

I’ve always felt CE was one of the weaker ones. It’s deep and grainy but also devoid of any energy. Halo 2 kept the overall deeper voice but with a bit more energy behind it. Reach is probably my favorite though.

Yeah I think the announcer sounds way too excited in Halo Infinite.
Bring back the classic serious tone plz!
And medals… oh boy. I don’t like them one bit. The last good medals were in Reach, everything after that was a letdown.