The Ancient Evil's symbol

Alright so we’ve all seen the symbol that represents the Ancient Evil, here, and parallels have been drawn to the Didact’s. Hell, Frank O’Conner practically confirmed it on NeoGaf when he told someone with the Didact’s symbol to change it to it’s unbound state.

That’s all well and good but I noticed something that may or may not have much relevance, but check out the symbol representing the Gravemind, here. In a way, it does look similar to the Didact’s original symbol, here. Push the GM’s symbols arms on the side up and detach the line on the bottom and flip it.

Could there be a connection? I mean, according to the Amazon’s page for Halo: Silentium, the Ur-Didactm ie the original Didact, was “Ur-Didact, treacherously abandoned in a Flood-infested system”. Could he have been infected all those centuries ago, placed in a Cryptum, tossed on Requiem and teh GM is finally taking over?

Food for thought I guess.

I was the guy who Frankie told to change the avatar to the unbound state. When I was at comic-con pretty much every 343 employee told me I don’t know everything yet. Though I do think the fact there are now 2 Didacts is pretty telling.

> I was the guy who Frankie told to change the avatar to the unbound state. When I was at comic-con pretty much every 343 employee told me I don’t know everything yet. Though I do think the fact there are now 2 Didacts is pretty telling.

Yup, the Ur-Didact and the Bornsteller-Didact. Personally there is a theory going around how the Promethean Knights were Warrior-Servants infected by the Flood but saved by the Composer, much like Chakas was. However, the infection finally caught up to them and the Flood have in a sense taken over. Could the same have happened to the Ur-Didact?

Just a theory.

what i want to know is why did 343 change the didacts orginal symbol from this http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090318051256/halo/images/thumb/1/10/Didact.png/462px-Didact.png

to this

by filling the hole in the middle and by joining the arms of the symbol to the border surrounding it, i was thinking it’s probably just 343’s design and take of it but if that is the case why didnt they do that for the symbol in the 10th terminal in halo cea?

also on a side note why does it not have the dash above or under the main body of the symbol in the espn ad?

I also saw this a few days ago as well on Halo wiki my theory is the Didact is left on the flood infected world and could possibly be infected so they could have combined the symbols symbolizing that the didact and the flood are as one now.

I didn’t even know the gravemind had a symbol?! Thanks for this info cobra. Never thought of this possibility.

Oh, come on the stuff Frankie said on neogaff was hardly confirmation of the didact. There are many possibilities as to what he meant.

> Oh, come on the stuff Frankie said on neogaff was hardly confirmation of the didact. There are many possibilities as to what he meant.
>
> http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mystery.png

Hence why I said parallels. But he DID make a connection between the two. Is it 100% confirmation? No, but it does say something.

> > Oh, come on the stuff Frankie said on neogaff was hardly confirmation of the didact. There are many possibilities as to what he meant.
> >
> > http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mystery.png
>
> Hence why I said parallels. But he DID make a connection between the two. Is it 100% confirmation? No, but it does say something.

It seems to point more towards forerunner symbols in general becoming “unbound” when turned upside down. Just saying…

> > > Oh, come on the stuff Frankie said on neogaff was hardly confirmation of the didact. There are many possibilities as to what he meant.
> > >
> > > http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mystery.png
> >
> > Hence why I said parallels. But he DID make a connection between the two. Is it 100% confirmation? No, but it does say something.
>
> It seems to point more towards forerunner symbols in general becoming “unbound” when turned upside down. Just saying…

A Forerunner symbol that looks a lot like the Didacts. Just saying…

Not saying I buy the Didact IS the ancient evil, but he could be controlled by it.

Personally, after seeing the Knights and the fact that everything of the new enemy was placed under the heading “Promethean’s” makes me think that Warrior-Servant (The only hyphenated class name) were somehow always part artificial but never truly discussed or mentioned until now. It could also go along with your theory of the infection and corruption.

However, an individual being infected doesn’t necessarily mean the corruption spread of time to the Knights as in all AI (at least those we know specifically how they are created) have a neural network base that the Flood (more specifically- a Gravemind) can manipulate for Forerunners this was proved by how the Composer makes AI and for Humans the use of the brain of a dead person to create the AI.

> > > Oh, come on the stuff Frankie said on neogaff was hardly confirmation of the didact. There are many possibilities as to what he meant.
> > >
> > > http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mystery.png
> >
> > Hence why I said parallels. But he DID make a connection between the two. Is it 100% confirmation? No, but it does say something.
>
> It seems to point more towards forerunner symbols in general becoming “unbound” when turned upside down. Just saying…

Im haveing difficulty following the conversation. What do you guys mean by unbound? I don’t know much about al this “UR didact”. Where was it mentioned? I didn’t hear about it in the books.

> > > > Oh, come on the stuff Frankie said on neogaff was hardly confirmation of the didact. There are many possibilities as to what he meant.
> > > >
> > > > http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mystery.png
> > >
> > > Hence why I said parallels. But he DID make a connection between the two. Is it 100% confirmation? No, but it does say something.
> >
> > It seems to point more towards forerunner symbols in general becoming “unbound” when turned upside down. Just saying…
>
> Im haveing difficulty following the conversation. What do you guys mean by unbound? I don’t know much about al this “UR didact”. Where was it mentioned? I didn’t hear about it in the books.

Unbound was something Frankie told a poster on NeoGaf. What it means in the Halo universe’s context…I don’t know. In our world, it means “freed from bonds”.

> > > > > Oh, come on the stuff Frankie said on neogaff was hardly confirmation of the didact. There are many possibilities as to what he meant.
> > > > >
> > > > > http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mystery.png
> > > >
> > > > Hence why I said parallels. But he DID make a connection between the two. Is it 100% confirmation? No, but it does say something.
> > >
> > > It seems to point more towards forerunner symbols in general becoming “unbound” when turned upside down. Just saying…
> >
> > Im haveing difficulty following the conversation. What do you guys mean by unbound? I don’t know much about al this “UR didact”. Where was it mentioned? I didn’t hear about it in the books.
>
> Unbound was something Frankie told a poster on NeoGaf. What it means in the Halo universe’s context…I don’t know. In our world, it means “freed from bonds”.

So you mean that if a symbol is turned upsidedown, that means whatever it stands for is free?

> > > > > > Oh, come on the stuff Frankie said on neogaff was hardly confirmation of the didact. There are many possibilities as to what he meant.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mystery.png
> > > > >
> > > > > Hence why I said parallels. But he DID make a connection between the two. Is it 100% confirmation? No, but it does say something.
> > > >
> > > > It seems to point more towards forerunner symbols in general becoming “unbound” when turned upside down. Just saying…
> > >
> > > Im haveing difficulty following the conversation. What do you guys mean by unbound? I don’t know much about al this “UR didact”. Where was it mentioned? I didn’t hear about it in the books.
> >
> > Unbound was something Frankie told a poster on NeoGaf. What it means in the Halo universe’s context…I don’t know. In our world, it means “freed from bonds”.
>
> So you mean that if a symbol is turned upsidedown, that means whatever it stands for is free?

It would seem so, but what that means in context, well who knows.