The Ancient Evil - He Is Now Unbound

We all know that the Ancient Evil is “Currently Somewhat” of a mystery to us, but Frank O’ Connor did give us Primordium Readers/CEA Players a Good Hint on who he is. I recorded Guilty Spark talking about the Didact. 343 Guilty Spark 10th Terminal <mark>TAKE NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO</mark>

Guilty Spark: Mmm… I sound like HER (The Librarian)

Guilty Spark: Oh but what I would not give to have even a single company from the Promethean’s here right now. Oh they would certain restore order with their trademark lavality, although that would mean he’d have to be here too… and with out the Librarian here to temper his Rage… well these Reclaimer’s might almost prefer the Flood.

Then the Didact’s Symbol Fly’s towards the Screen.

Now in the Halo 4 Campaign Reveal Video Back at E3; it is Revealed to us that the Didact’s Symbol is turning upside down. Now someone on the Forums of NeoGaf had his Symbol for there profile picture. Frank O’Connor too the Time to actually comment on this kids Profile to say.

Frank O’Connor: Now it needs to be turned upside down so it can be Unbound…

Bound = You’re Restrained, something is holding you back, something is attached to you.
Unbound = You’re no Longer restrained, nothing is holding you back, and your off the leash.

Not to burst your Bubbles all you Precursor wanting guys, but uh all the Pointing fingers lead straight to the Didact.

(EDIT) Maybe the Reason why there are Blue Prometheans in the Part of the Trailer is cause AS Chakas Shows up with The Librarian to calm down the Didact, thus resulting in him turning back to being Bound? Eitherway Something is Happening and right now its HARD to deny that it isn’t the Didact in anyway, maybe the Precursors will come back, but if they did why would BS Angel say that Chief’s First True Nemesis is in Halo 4? Feel free to Answer.

He’s unbound because the Librarian is gone.

But is he the TRUE ancient evil? It’s the last part of that phrase that sends up red flags. The Didact, as we’ve seen in the books, is not evil. Nor is he evil in the Halo 3 Terminals. I’m not going to say he can’t ultimately be the ancient evil, I just find with the Precursors and their plans effectively laid out by the end of Primordium, it just seems unlikely.

To continue what D. Cobra started:

Look to Mass Effect 1 for what might be the potential situation: Saren was the main bad guy of ME1, but the ultimate enemies of the trilogy were the Reapers. Didact may be the enemy of Halo 4, but the precursors may be the ultimate enemies of the Reclaimer Trilogy.

> But is he the TRUE ancient evil? It’s the last part of that phrase that sends up red flags. The Didact, as we’ve seen in the books, is not evil. Nor is he evil in the Halo 3 Terminals. I’m not going to say he can’t ultimately be the ancient evil, I just find with the Precursors and their plans effectively laid out by the end of Primordium, it just seems unlikely.

Correct, you are Correct, The Precursors have Plans for Humanity, but if they were to Show up, it wouldn’t be in Halo 4… but if in fact it is. It will be near the End.

> > But is he the TRUE ancient evil? It’s the last part of that phrase that sends up red flags. The Didact, as we’ve seen in the books, is not evil. Nor is he evil in the Halo 3 Terminals. I’m not going to say he can’t ultimately be the ancient evil, I just find with the Precursors and their plans effectively laid out by the end of Primordium, it just seems unlikely.
>
> Correct, you are Correct, The Precursors have Plans for Humanity, but if they were to Show up, it wouldn’t be in Halo 4… but if in fact it is. It will be near the End.

And what’s stopping their return in Halo 5. The Flood are coming back as the Primordial promised.

> > > But is he the TRUE ancient evil? It’s the last part of that phrase that sends up red flags. The Didact, as we’ve seen in the books, is not evil. Nor is he evil in the Halo 3 Terminals. I’m not going to say he can’t ultimately be the ancient evil, I just find with the Precursors and their plans effectively laid out by the end of Primordium, it just seems unlikely.
> >
> > Correct, you are Correct, The Precursors have Plans for Humanity, but if they were to Show up, it wouldn’t be in Halo 4… but if in fact it is. It will be near the End.
>
> And what’s stopping their return in Halo 5. The Flood are coming back as the Primordial promised.

I see there Arrival near the End of the Game now. And Return in Halo 5. But the Flood… IDK it was pretty Convincing that they killed it… unless its a new Primordial, but if not unlikely.

> > > > But is he the TRUE ancient evil? It’s the last part of that phrase that sends up red flags. The Didact, as we’ve seen in the books, is not evil. Nor is he evil in the Halo 3 Terminals. I’m not going to say he can’t ultimately be the ancient evil, I just find with the Precursors and their plans effectively laid out by the end of Primordium, it just seems unlikely.
> > >
> > > Correct, you are Correct, The Precursors have Plans for Humanity, but if they were to Show up, it wouldn’t be in Halo 4… but if in fact it is. It will be near the End.
> >
> > And what’s stopping their return in Halo 5. The Flood are coming back as the Primordial promised.
>
> I see there Arrival near the End of the Game now. And Return in Halo 5. But the Flood… IDK it was pretty Convincing that they killed it… unless its a new Primordial, but if not unlikely.

Precursors as a species are not said to be extinct, just driven away from our galaxy. A few fled and will come back, probably with more Flood and whatever other tests for humanity they have.

> > > > But is he the TRUE ancient evil? It’s the last part of that phrase that sends up red flags. The Didact, as we’ve seen in the books, is not evil. Nor is he evil in the Halo 3 Terminals. I’m not going to say he can’t ultimately be the ancient evil, I just find with the Precursors and their plans effectively laid out by the end of Primordium, it just seems unlikely.
> > >
> > > Correct, you are Correct, The Precursors have Plans for Humanity, but if they were to Show up, it wouldn’t be in Halo 4… but if in fact it is. It will be near the End.
> >
> > And what’s stopping their return in Halo 5. The Flood are coming back as the Primordial promised.
>
> I see there Arrival near the End of the Game now. And Return in Halo 5. But the Flood… IDK it was pretty Convincing that they killed it… unless its a new Primordial, but if not unlikely.

So a few isolated batches of Flood means it is killed everywhere despite the Precursors having the means to make more and ship it out…right. And the Gravemind isn’t dead, “Resignation is my virtue; like water I ebb, and flow. <mark>Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved… but you imposed.</mark>”

Seems legit.

I think 343 is intentionally making the community believe it will be the Didact and his forerunner forces. However just like the mission 343 guilty spark in CE when you least expect it BOOM a new faction (in this case precursors instead of flood) comes in.

um guys not to burst your bubble but the symbol in the trailer and the Didact’s symbol are not the same. the one in the trailer is filled in and the arms are connected to the circle. definitely not the didact’s symbol. the only characters that I can think of that want vengeance are the precursors and the master builder, and i think he’s dead sooo… unless there’s another character i’m missing (which i would appreciate some suggestions) i’m gonna go with the precursors on this. It also may be some rampant AI. who knows?

> um guys not to burst your bubble but the symbol in the trailer and the Didact’s symbol are not the same. the one in the trailer is filled in and the arms are connected to the circle. definitely not the didact’s symbol. the only characters that I can think of that want vengeance are the precursors and the master builder, and i think he’s dead sooo… unless there’s another character i’m missing (which i would appreciate some suggestions) i’m gonna go with the precursors on this. It also may be some rampant AI. who knows?

Look dude, 343 has changed so much so far, and why would Franky intentionally say that to a Member of the Forums if it wasn’t him? Who else is Restrained or unbound now? Explain?

> > > > > But is he the TRUE ancient evil? It’s the last part of that phrase that sends up red flags. The Didact, as we’ve seen in the books, is not evil. Nor is he evil in the Halo 3 Terminals. I’m not going to say he can’t ultimately be the ancient evil, I just find with the Precursors and their plans effectively laid out by the end of Primordium, it just seems unlikely.
> > > >
> > > > Correct, you are Correct, The Precursors have Plans for Humanity, but if they were to Show up, it wouldn’t be in Halo 4… but if in fact it is. It will be near the End.
> > >
> > > And what’s stopping their return in Halo 5. The Flood are coming back as the Primordial promised.
> >
> > I see there Arrival near the End of the Game now. And Return in Halo 5. But the Flood… IDK it was pretty Convincing that they killed it… unless its a new Primordial, but if not unlikely.
>
> So a few isolated batches of Flood means it is killed everywhere despite the Precursors having the means to make more and ship it out…right. And the Gravemind isn’t dead, “Resignation is my virtue; like water I ebb, and flow. <mark>Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved… but you imposed.</mark>”
>
> Seems legit.

Hey I edited my Post, so read it above in the Main Post.

> um guys not to burst your bubble but the symbol in the trailer and the Didact’s symbol are not the same. the one in the trailer is filled in and the arms are connected to the circle. definitely not the didact’s symbol. the only characters that I can think of that want vengeance are the precursors and the master builder, and i think he’s dead sooo… unless there’s another character i’m missing (which i would appreciate some suggestions) i’m gonna go with the precursors on this. It also may be some rampant AI. who knows?

Theory: The symbol we’ve seen before that isn’t filled in or connected to the sides is Bornstellar-Didact’s symbol. The one in the trailer is possibly the original Didact’s. Perhaps the Master Builder did not kill him, as we had believed, but put him in another Cryptum to keep him prisoner.

This would explain Greg Bear hinting that there are two Didacts.

I hope he isn’t the enemy, though. I’d much rather be shooting at the Master Builder.

it might not say that the didact wants vengeance but the librarian died saving the humans and she said somwhere that that she had a deep respect for the humans and viewed them as special i can see why he wouldnt like the humans

Good find, the Didact is the one.

I honestly do not think for a second that the Didact is the new “Ancient Evil” in the Reclaimer Trilogy. Yes, Yes, I know, all the signs point to him with the terminals and symbols, even the Promethians, but I’m betting there is more to this than the Didact. Maybe he was “corrupted” as has been theorized, but I personally think if that was the case, only to a certain point in Halo 4, where the Chief will somehow “cure” him, and get the Promethians on our side (blue colored ones). He was a good guy, he opposed the Halo Array! And theres no proof of him holding a grudge against humanity, atleast, until Silentium. 343i stated they wanted to make the game’s story be playable by lots of different people who haven’t read the books. Personally, I think the origins and the backstory of the Didact would be too complicated for most newcomers (then again, why is someone just getting into Halo?!?). I honestly think the ancient evil is Faber, The Master Builder. Why, you ask? What better of a ancient enemy then the builder of the Halo Array, the very thing you fought to stop the past few games? Or, #1)343 is messing with us, and there are 2 enemies. The Ancient Evil/Precursors, and the Chief’s Nemesis/Faber. #2) Cortana is the Chiefs “First True Nemesis” due to her rampancy, but is cured, possibly by the Librarian in later games. Again, my personal opinion and could very easily be wrong.

> I honestly do not think for a second that the Didact is the new “Ancient Evil” in the Reclaimer Trilogy. Yes, Yes, I know, all the signs point to him with the terminals and symbols, even the Promethians, but I’m betting there is more to this than the Didact. Maybe he was “corrupted” as has been theorized, but I personally think if that was the case, only to a certain point in Halo 4, where the Chief will somehow “cure” him, and get the Promethians on our side (blue colored ones). He was a good guy, he opposed the Halo Array! And theres no proof of him holding a grudge against humanity, atleast, until Silentium. 343i stated they wanted to make the game’s story be playable by lots of different people who haven’t read the books. Personally, I think the origins and the backstory of the Didact would be too complicated for most newcomers (then again, why is someone just getting into Halo?!?). I honestly think the ancient evil is Faber, The Master Builder. Why, you ask? What better of a ancient enemy then the builder of the Halo Array, the very thing you fought to stop the past few games? Or, #1)343 is messing with us, and there are 2 enemies. The Ancient Evil/Precursors, and the Chief’s Nemesis/Faber. #2) Cortana is the Chiefs “First True Nemesis” due to her rampancy, but is cured, possibly by the Librarian in later games. Again, my personal opinion and could very easily be wrong.

i havnt read the books but isnt the librarian dead?

> > I honestly do not think for a second that the Didact is the new “Ancient Evil” in the Reclaimer Trilogy. Yes, Yes, I know, all the signs point to him with the terminals and symbols, even the Promethians, but I’m betting there is more to this than the Didact. Maybe he was “corrupted” as has been theorized, but I personally think if that was the case, only to a certain point in Halo 4, where the Chief will somehow “cure” him, and get the Promethians on our side (blue colored ones). He was a good guy, he opposed the Halo Array! And theres no proof of him holding a grudge against humanity, atleast, until Silentium. 343i stated they wanted to make the game’s story be playable by lots of different people who haven’t read the books. Personally, I think the origins and the backstory of the Didact would be too complicated for most newcomers (then again, why is someone just getting into Halo?!?). I honestly think the ancient evil is Faber, The Master Builder. Why, you ask? What better of a ancient enemy then the builder of the Halo Array, the very thing you fought to stop the past few games? Or, #1)343 is messing with us, and there are 2 enemies. The Ancient Evil/Precursors, and the Chief’s Nemesis/Faber. #2) Cortana is the Chiefs “First True Nemesis” due to her rampancy, but is cured, possibly by the Librarian in later games. Again, my personal opinion and could very easily be wrong.
>
> i havnt read the books but isnt the librarian dead?

Supposed to be but Primordium suggests otherwise.

> um guys not to burst your bubble but the symbol in the trailer and the Didact’s symbol are not the same. the one in the trailer is filled in and the arms are connected to the circle. definitely not the didact’s symbol. the only characters that I can think of that want vengeance are the precursors and the master builder, and i think he’s dead sooo…

It is only ‘believed’ that he died on Installation 07.

Which is, oddly enough, the very same fortress world on which much of Primordium takes place.