The aiming is VERY bad.

So, I took a short (week or two) Halo 5 break, which mostly consisted of MCC and Titanfall. I come into Halo 5 because I miss it, and I immediately realise why I left. Trying to aim in Halo 5 after playing any other FPS is like transitioning from left handed to right handed, and back again. The aiming system in Halo 5 is by far the most absurd I have ever used. Possibly the worst part was that my aim was thrown off for the rest of that night on MCC. Halo 5 makes playing any other game a significant challenge, essentially forcing you to choose between Halo 5 and a wide collection of other shooter games. The aiming system’s heavy reliance on internet connection doesn’t help either. Want to play another FPS? Nope, you can’t aim. Want to move your Xbox to another part of the house? Have fun, it’ll feel like you’re playing an entirely different game. I don’t see what went wrong between the beta and launch, or between launch and now, but at this point the beta aiming system being resurrected is likely the only thing that could bring me (and most of my friends) back to Halo 5.

I’ve found that I want to play other games but I’m afraid to because of how inconsistent halo feels. I constantly change my sencitivity because it doesn’t feel the way it was I’ve went between 3-10 to keep it in check. I wish I could set different sencitivity for hip fire and scoped.

after playing halo 5 i feel like my aim improves in other lesser games

Well said! Im no fan of this aiming in H5… It comes down to what mood the servers are in. If there in a decent mood the aiming is tolerable. If not…well what a mess…

Zippy.

> 2533274962122285;2:
> I’ve found that I want to play other games but I’m afraid to because of how inconsistent halo feels. I constantly change my sencitivity because it doesn’t feel the way it was I’ve went between 3-10 to keep it in check. I wish I could set different sencitivity for hip fire and scoped.

Even when I was on Halo 5 only streaks, I found myself switching sensitivities at least every game. Sometimes 7 or 8 sensitivity felt too slow, sometimes 2-3 felt too fast. I really do miss the beta aiming system, aiming was so crisp and nice.

> 2533274795501334;4:
> Well said! Im no fan of this aiming in H5… It comes down to what mood the servers are in. If there in a decent mood the aiming is tolerable. If not…well what a mess…
>
> Zippy.

Right… if the aiming just worked as it’s meant to work, it’s not bad. It honestly feels pretty good!

But when it starts getting sluggish and the sensitivity starts to feel like it’s fluctuating, it’s no good…

Aiming is such a pain in this game…

You always feel like it’s different than yesterday or even the game before!

Trying to fix it doesn’t seem to help either… it will change again in a while.

Bummer…

> 2535442377964386;3:
> after playing halo 5 i feel like my aim improves in other lesser games

It’s the opposite for me. I’ve been playing BF1 and I feel like my aim is better with the H5 magnum than it has been before that. I think it’s because I use a much greater sense in BF1 where I have to control my sensitivity more so it helps in H5 where my sens is much lower.

That being said, I still think the aiming in this game is butt.

It’s good to see that people are catching on to the aiming bug… it needs a fix PRONTO…

There’s a reason I haven’t played Halo 5 consistently in a couple of months now.

Its aiming is utter trash and it needs to be fixed immediately.

I still play MCC from time to time and it’s more of the difference in what buttons do what that effect my play more so than aiming.

> 2533274816788253;11:
> I still play MCC from time to time and it’s more of the difference in what buttons do what that effect my play more so than aiming.

Really? I can go from Recon on MCC to Reclaimer on 5 with no issues, but the aiming completely screws me up.

You and everyone else who is tired of this game and the studio’s need to turn everything you love…on its head for some odd strange single segmented of users. -Yoinking!- pros, ruin everything with their need to be OVER competitive.

I heard the next aiming system actually requires the use of an entire second controller…cause the pros said one wasn’t hard enough to use already.

My aim also gets screwed up whenever I take a break from Halo 5, then come back. I stopped playing for a few weeks, came back to Halo 5 and my reticle was all over the place.

> 2727626560040591;8:
> > 2535442377964386;3:
> > after playing halo 5 i feel like my aim improves in other lesser games
>
>
> It’s the opposite for me. I’ve been playing BF1 and I feel like my aim is better with the H5 magnum than it has been before that. I think it’s because I use a much greater sense in BF1 where I have to control my sensitivity more so it helps in H5 where my sens is much lower.
>
> That being said, I still think the aiming in this game is butt.

only other shooter i play is destiny, and they hold your hand on the aim assist in that game. its so high that if youre facing in the right general direction your sights will lock on. so i probably dont have a good comparison