The 7 Point Plan To Save Halo

Hello everyone, It’s been a long time since I’ve posted on Halo Forums but it is time that I rise out of the ashes and say my two cents. I present to you my 7 point plan to save Halo.

1. Halo 3 anniversary needs to be an update to the MCC, not it’s own game. Many people consider the MCC dead in it’s tracks, but it still can recover in my mind, you have the top 3 Halo games sitting on the same disk. If 343 did this and made an update to the MCC with Halo 3 anniversary not only would it save the MCC’s playlist populations, in my opinion it would also fully compensated everyone for the fail of what the MCC was.
  2. BRING BACK SPLIT-SCREEN! Why is this an issue one may ask, well it’s only an issue due to the complete incompetence of 343 and their inability to make a Halo game… There is no -Yoink!- reason why Halo 5 doesn’t have split-screen… Every single game (following the main Halo story) before Halo 5 had split-screen in it, and they used the less powerful old generation consoles. So 343, you need to do your -Yoink!- job and re-instate split-screen as one of the finest and best attributes to Halo, EVEN MCC HAS IT AND THAT ONLY WORKS FOR THE XBONE! So there is no reason you can’t do it… So do it would you…
  3. MORE CHIEF! LESS LOCKE! I never bought Halo 5 thanks to a good man named BDobbinsFTW, he was the one who told me about the inability about split-screen in the game and i was still pissed about the fail of the MCC and vowed to boycott the next game… But regardless I did watch the campaign just to be caught up with the story, and let me tell you 343, NO ONE CARES ABOUT LOCKE! Every single Halo has been about Chief a green soldier dressed in super cool armor going around a strange place fighting aliens. In Halo 5 you spend 12 missions as Locke, and 3 missions as Chief (assuming you play SOLO) not to mention the 3 non-combat missions which BTW are just stupid little interactive cut scenes that would be much much cooler if they were cut scenes instead of missions… Back to my point. Chief is and always should be the most important character and the one played as the most. Listen I have no problem hooking up with Locke for a few missions or even the Arbiter for one, but to basically cast Chief aside and make him a supporting character, you crossed the line…
  4. FLOOD! For all those Halo veterans, let me ask you this question. Were you scared, frightened, spooked, confused, or even flabbergasted when you saw the flood for the first time? So let me ask you another question were you scared, frightened, spooked, confused, or flabbergasted when you saw the Promethean’s for the first time? Promethean’s have never had the same feel as the Flood did in Halo 1,2, and 3. The Flood in all those games were tough, fast, agile, and aggressive. Promethean’s beside being bullet sponges don’t have that same feeling. I personally think that if the Flood were brought back and there was a Promethean VS Flood war going on as Chief is trying to stop the corrupted Cortana from activating the rings that would make for an amazing campaign experience.
  5. Revamped Forge, and Theater mode AT RELEASE! Forge is another great extension to Halo and there is once again no reason why that can’t be a reality at the launch of Halo 6. 343 could really harness the power Forge has, even possibly make a competition for the best forge maps to be put in Halo 6 multiplayer playlists! Also Theater mode has always been cool and that should be there at release too.
  6. Classic Arena Mode, I can’t find the forum now but i remember seeing a poll that had 30% of people saying they didn’t want sprint. I believe a classic arena mode would satisfy this 30% minority and could keep playlist populations alive for much longer in the new Halo 6. This is where the Forge mode would really come in handy, if you had forgers build these classic maps you could spend less time on map development and more on building the games core engine and other platforms. It’s time we remember those who made this franchise into what it really is.
  7. The end… Now this is what scares me the most. Destiny was a game ripped apart from it’s canvas and sold for scraps by Bungie and Activision and I fear that this will happen to Halo 6 as well. After all this is the last confirmed Halo following the main story line (perhaps there would be a Halo Reach remaster but that is a long ways from now). When they ship out Halo 6 the story needs to be finished with what it ships. No DLC too add to the story, it needs to end… No cliffhangers to try and milk out the series a little longer, just let it go. My biggest fear with Halo is that they may cut up the story into pieces and sell it in DLC packs, just like Destiny.
    Well there is my seven point plan, please feel free to put your open points into whatever comment section there is, I look forward to seeing your replies. #SAVEMCCFIRST #HALO6 #HALO3A #HALO3ANNIVERSARY #HALO #HALOMCC

> 2535453026184862;1:
> Hello everyone, It’s been a long time since I’ve posted on Halo Forums but it is time that I rise out of the ashes and say my two cents. I present to you my 7 point plan to save Halo.
> 1. Halo 3 anniversary needs to be an update to the MCC, not it’s own game. Many people consider the MCC dead in it’s tracks, but it still can recover in my mind, you have the top 3 Halo games sitting on the same disk. If 343 did this and made an update to the MCC with Halo 3 anniversary not only would it save the MCC’s playlist populations, in my opinion it would also fully compensated everyone for the fail of what the MCC was.
> 2. BRING BACK SPLIT-SCREEN! Why is this an issue one may ask, well it’s only an issue due to the complete incompetence of 343 and their inability to make a Halo game… There is no -Yoink!- reason why Halo 5 doesn’t have split-screen… Every single game (following the main Halo story) before Halo 5 had split-screen in it, and they used the less powerful old generation consoles. So 343, you need to do your -Yoink!- job and re-instate split-screen as one of the finest and best attributes to Halo, EVEN MCC HAS IT AND THAT ONLY WORKS FOR THE XBONE! So there is no reason you can’t do it… So do it would you…
> 3. MORE CHIEF! LESS LOCKE! I never bought Halo 5 thanks to a good man named BDobbinsFTW, he was the one who told me about the inability about split-screen in the game and i was still pissed about the fail of the MCC and vowed to boycott the next game… But regardless I did watch the campaign just to be caught up with the story, and let me tell you 343, NO ONE CARES ABOUT LOCKE! Every single Halo has been about Chief a green soldier dressed in super cool armor going around a strange place fighting aliens. In Halo 5 you spend 12 missions as Locke, and 3 missions as Chief (assuming you play SOLO) not to mention the 3 non-combat missions which BTW are just stupid little interactive cut scenes that would be much much cooler if they were cut scenes instead of missions… Back to my point. Chief is and always should be the most important character and the one played as the most. Listen I have no problem hooking up with Locke for a few missions or even the Arbiter for one, but to basically cast Chief aside and make him a supporting character, you crossed the line…
> 4. FLOOD! For all those Halo veterans, let me ask you this question. Were you scared, frightened, spooked, confused, or even flabbergasted when you saw the flood for the first time? So let me ask you another question were you scared, frightened, spooked, confused, or flabbergasted when you saw the Promethean’s for the first time? Promethean’s have never had the same feel as the Flood did in Halo 1,2, and 3. The Flood in all those games were tough, fast, agile, and aggressive. Promethean’s beside being bullet sponges don’t have that same feeling. I personally think that if the Flood were brought back and there was a Promethean VS Flood war going on as Chief is trying to stop the corrupted Cortana from activating the rings that would make for an amazing campaign experience.
> 5. Revamped Forge, and Theater mode AT RELEASE! Forge is another great extension to Halo and there is once again no reason why that can’t be a reality at the launch of Halo 6. 343 could really harness the power Forge has, even possibly make a competition for the best forge maps to be put in Halo 6 multiplayer playlists! Also Theater mode has always been cool and that should be there at release too.
> 6. Classic Arena Mode, I can’t find the forum now but i remember seeing a poll that had 30% of people saying they didn’t want sprint. I believe a classic arena mode would satisfy this 30% minority and could keep playlist populations alive for much longer in the new Halo 6. This is where the Forge mode would really come in handy, if you had forgers build these classic maps you could spend less time on map development and more on building the games core engine and other platforms. It’s time we remember those who made this franchise into what it really is.
> 7. The end… Now this is what scares me the most. Destiny was a game ripped apart from it’s canvas and sold for scraps by Bungie and Activision and I fear that this will happen to Halo 6 as well. After all this is the last confirmed Halo following the main story line (perhaps there would be a Halo Reach remaster but that is a long ways from now). When they ship out Halo 6 the story needs to be finished with what it ships. No DLC too add to the story, it needs to end… No cliffhangers to try and milk out the series a little longer, just let it go. My biggest fear with Halo is that they may cut up the story into pieces and sell it in DLC packs, just like Destiny.
> Well there is my seven point plan, please feel free to put your open points into whatever comment section there is, I look forward to seeing your replies. #SAVEMCCFIRST #HALO6 #HALO3A #HALO3ANNIVERSARY #HALO #HALOMCC

1. New idea, I like it, but unrealistic as their would be no financial compensation for the project.
  2. I think they get it.
  3. You never bought Halo 5? So you have only watched the campaign footage? So the majority of your list is pure speculation based on third party information? I will bite.
  4. the Flood was implemented better than the Prometheans, sure, but people were getting tired of the flood.
  5. Theatre mode was available on release, only theatre for campaign is missing (not that anyone is playing campaign), and the current rendition of Forge is the best to date with constant updates and additions. It has it’s problems, but it is truly an achievement. also, theatre is just plain borked.
  6. If you haven’t played H5 how do you know these maps would work well with the current mechanics/sandbox?
  7. I doubt they will return to the old ways of pre-packaged DLC content as the only reason they are making money off of this game is via the REQ system. 343 has made mistakes, Microsoft has interfered and made mistakes, but they are making money even if it is not a blow-out GOTY. They should realize, from a business stand point, if they make a great game and then put in the REQ system (albeit tweaked slightly) they will be rolling in so much money that Activision might actually be scared.