The 4 things that are needed to stop spammers.

I am tired of losing over and over again because of people spamming one over powered units, or using cheap cowardly tactics. There needs To be severe buffs for the banish, and nerfs for the UNSC units. I will speak of more in a little bit, but right now to prevent spammers These things need to be address ASAP!

1. {Nerf the marines} The marines are way to powerful, and out class their Banish equivalent. Their health needs to be reduced as well as their damage, a whole army of those guys is unstoppable! They are suppose to be cheap and expendable not a unstoppable wall, when ever i fight a group of them with my grunt squads i always lose the fight and get destroyed. Even the eilte rangers can’t even kill them efficiently(We shall get to them next).Next to every person i play against spams them, and just charges, And there is nothing i can do to stop them.

2.{Buff Elite rangers} : Let us address the elephant in the room, The elite rangers suck. They have extremely low health, there damage is inept,and they can not be upgraded making them terrible at there job. They need to be given upgrades To make them practical in a fight, such as Shielding, longer range with a new weapon like a beam rifle, Increased movement speed so they can relocate quicker or get out of a fight quickly. The few elites in the game are all about speed, why not them as well. Also there damage and health needs to be increased, because right now you are better off getting Basically anything else to aid you in a fight. The little that they do is unnoticeable to a point that i forget i even have them. Also adding the fact that There carbine projectiles are extremely slow, most of the time they miss their target. They need hit scan(Or what ever it is called in RTS) weapons, The carbine it self is a hit scan weapon, why is it projectile based now?

3.{Buff the wraith, nerf the scorpion}: This is kind of a major jump from infantry to tanks but it needs to be addressed. While the wraith is not bad in damage it lacks in health and armour. I know the wraith has a shield, but That thing goes down almost immediately in a firefight, And once that happens it is basically dead at that point. The scorpion clearly out classes the wraith in both Strength and in how much damage it can put out in a second. Making a battle between the two predicable and unbalance. The wraith requires More armour, and it needs it weapons projectiles that it fires to move faster, because if you want to battle against anyone who uses scorpions(4 out of the 7 leaders right now) You are -Yoink- out of luck should have gotten hunters. Even they can get destroyed by the scorpion easily. Also nerf the scorpion take away a some of it’s health because people just by a whole bunch of those and attack, and you better hope that you were not one of the things that they flattened. It’s a cheap and scum baggy move that requires no skill.

4.{Buff the scarab}: now i will admit the scarab can be a unstoppable death machine, But when it is tasked with fighting another super unit the chances of it winning are low. With the introduction of the condor, and the Retriever sentinel the UNSC got there own super unit to help level out the playing field, But there are three problems with this. One They both fly, so some units can’t even attack them or do decent damage to them,While the scarab can take fire from everything that can attack. Two they can hit multiple targets at once, while the scarab has to focus on on unit a a time(With exception of its missiles on its back),And it does not have burst damage like it’s counterparts so killing a target is a long struggle while everything else shoots it. THREE, The scarab has to look at a target, do a little animation, charge up, and fire. While the other two simply look and shoot, hell the condor doesn’t have to look at you to kill you. How to fix this? Lose the little animation, it is cool and all but it leaves it open for some time before it starts doing it’s job. Make it fire immediately when it has spotted and is in range of an enemy, This will make sure it starts doing damage in a fight. Another issue is it needs to move with its target while it’s firing, so it not dancing around trying to shoot one guy. In addition it’s damage need a slight buff, because it takes to long to kill anything. On the opposite side of the spectrum the condor and Sentinel need there health to be reduced, there is no reason to have something that can fly and give it so much bloody health when most of your army can’t do anything to them.

Can agree on Rangers and Wraiths, but Marines are supposed to be stronger (hence their purchase cost) and Scarabs can 1v1 a Condor and win, then kill a Retriever Sentinel with whatever health is remaining. It’s only drawback is it’s mostly single target damage whereas the Condor engages multiple targets at a time.

So I have to admit I didn’t read the whole thing I skimmed over your points. But did you just say… nerf the scorpion? As in, make it weaker? I’m legitimately surprised. It’s one of the most laughable units for its price/tech level in the game.

> 2533274812650916;3:
> So I have to admit I didn’t read the whole thing I skimmed over your points. But did you just say… nerf the scorpion? As in, make it weaker? I’m legitimately surprised. It’s one of the most laughable units for its price/tech level in the game.

Have you ever had a dozen of then attacking you at once, it is not fun i tell you. And these points are to stop people from spamming the -Yoink- out of them that is all.

> 2533274925643391;4:
> > 2533274812650916;3:
> > So I have to admit I didn’t read the whole thing I skimmed over your points. But did you just say… nerf the scorpion? As in, make it weaker? I’m legitimately surprised. It’s one of the most laughable units for its price/tech level in the game.
>
> Have you ever had a dozen of then attacking you at once, it is not fun i tell you. And these point are to stop people from spamming the -Yoink- out of them that is all.

If your opponent is spamming Scorpions, you should spam Hunters. They tear tanks to shreds…

The scorpions are okay, just counter them with hunters - but yes the Wraith is just useless just like the Elite-Rangers…

Well, Marines (also Grunts) should cost more Supply and way more Energy than 0.

The hunters could use a bit of work in this game… but if someone is spamming scorps, it can be easily dealt with. They aren’t that OP. I smell a bit of whine here…

Good points barring nerf the scorpion, it is a joke.

> 2533274925643391;4:
> > 2533274812650916;3:
> > So I have to admit I didn’t read the whole thing I skimmed over your points. But did you just say… nerf the scorpion? As in, make it weaker? I’m legitimately surprised. It’s one of the most laughable units for its price/tech level in the game.
>
> Have you ever had a dozen of then attacking you at once, it is not fun i tell you. And these point are to stop people from spamming the -Yoink- out of them that is all.

No, I can’t say that I have. But I HAVE played as Isabel a few times and even with her shields on the Scorpions they are still a joke. They get torn to shreds by any offensive unit out of an air pad, their counters for BOTH factions can be found in the infantry building (raid camp/barracks). They are slow, minimal and horrible DPS, surprisingly fragile, and have a horribly unresponsive canister shell Y ability.

They don’t need a nerf, in my opinion. They need a legitimate buff across the board. Speed, damage, and armor.

Consider this, my friend:

The Scorpion tanks requires Tech 3 to build. That means you need a grand total of 2500 power before you can even MAKE one. That is assuming you upgraded literally nothing along the way (which is insane) so realistically you need more than 2500.

The Cyclops and Hunters both require Tech 2, which is achieved in nearly every game. Or at least most games. Hunters and Cyclops also have quicker build times, faster movement speed in the case of the Cyclops, and can beat Scorpions head on.

So you have a tech 2 unit out-performing a tech 3 unit FOR HALF THE PRICE, and half the time to achieve, and is thus more easily replaceable.

Scorpions are good at one thing: quelling massed infantry (barring Hunters and Cyclops). So if, for whatever reason, your opponent is still Marine/Grunt spamming at Tech 3, sure, go Scorpions. In virtually every other scenario it’s not even worth considering building them. Grizzly tanks can barely make the cut. Regular scorpions? Forget about them. I’ve thrown one or two in my mixed armies for what I thought would be decent damage. They don’t even do that.

I know Scorpions in Halo 1 were the meta aside from Hog and Brute rushes. They were OP. No doubt. But HW2? They are a joke. A terrible one.

> 2533274792776027;5:
> > 2533274925643391;4:
> > > 2533274812650916;3:
> > > So I have to admit I didn’t read the whole thing I skimmed over your points. But did you just say… nerf the scorpion? As in, make it weaker? I’m legitimately surprised. It’s one of the most laughable units for its price/tech level in the game.
> >
> > Have you ever had a dozen of then attacking you at once, it is not fun i tell you. And these point are to stop people from spamming the -Yoink- out of them that is all.
>
> If your opponent is spamming Scorpions, you should spam Hunters. They tear tanks to shreds…

exactly. Hunters eat scorpions for breakfast, lunch and dinner. which is funny because the lekgolo that form hunters actually Eat technology XD

> 2533274812650916;3:
> So I have to admit I didn’t read the whole thing I skimmed over your points. But did you just say… nerf the scorpion? As in, make it weaker? I’m legitimately surprised. It’s one of the most laughable units for its price/tech level in the game.

I mentioned scorpions in one of my very recent threads. They need to be tech 2 with speed increase along with a health or damage increase. Cost can probably stay the same or even a bit lower.

I see OP is doing a lot of umlegitimate -Yoinking!- because he mains Covy. Rangers are good where they are, they’re equivalent to flametroopers, not snipers, and they could definitely use an upgrade, like a hitscan beamrifle upgrade that increases range and damage at tech 3 to make them better late game, that’s mostly it. Grunt squads are also fine where they are, Let Volir can buff their utility to be similar to marines, right now marines capture faster unbuffed, and also cost more in price and unit count. So yeah, they’re better, but you can have 33% more grunt squads on the field. Wraiths are incredibly good right now at killing infantry, they don’t need a buff unless the scorpion gets a buff, because the wraith is better than the scorpion.
Buff the scarab? The scarab has the most dps, and armour out all the super units, it can nearly take on two retriever sentinals by itself. Maybe OP should do less complaining and do more to refine his skills.

As a Banished main, the only thing that needs a buff from what the OP said (for Banished) is the Ranger. They need either a damage buff or a range buff.

The Scorpion however needs a buff, it’s garbage tier and you’re better off running Hogs for infantry control. As for Marines, they’re fine. They cost more resources to build, take longer to build, cost more population, and cost more energy for upgrades but in return, they have better DPS and health along with a better Y so it balances itself out.

> 2533274829733449;13:
> I see OP is doing a lot of umlegitimate -Yoinking!- because he mains Covy. Rangers are good where they are, they’re equivalent to flametroopers, not snipers, and they could definitely use an upgrade, like a hitscan beamrifle upgrade that increases range and damage at tech 3 to make them better late game, that’s mostly it. Grunt squads are also fine where they are, Let Volir can buff their utility to be similar to marines, right now marines capture faster unbuffed, and also cost more in price and unit count. So yeah, they’re better, but you can have 33% more grunt squads on the field. Wraiths are incredibly good right now at killing infantry, they don’t need a buff unless the scorpion gets a buff, because the wraith is better than the scorpion.
> Buff the scarab? The scarab has the most dps, and armour out all the super units, it can nearly take on two retriever sentinals by itself. Maybe OP should do less complaining and do more to refine his skills.

Guys, guys calm down, i am only speaking of these changes so that people can stop spamming the hell out of them. These are the units i see the most when i play being spammed, That is all. And i will admit when i typed this i was a bit -Yoink-, and salty so you got me on that one. And as for the scarab, I only wish for a slight buff that is all, as for the condor and retriever, all i wish to happen is for them to have a little less health because some units suck at shooting at anything that flies. And the rangers are the snipers equivalent, The suicide grunts are the flame troopers counterpart.

> 2533274925643391;4:
> > 2533274812650916;3:
>

Have you ever tried to use canister she’ll? 95% of the time it doesn’t work and just makes your tanks unresponsive.

> 2661949065475413;16:
> > 2533274925643391;4:
> > > 2533274812650916;3:
> > > So I have to admit I didn’t read the whole thing I skimmed over your points. But did you just say… nerf the scorpion? As in, make it weaker? I’m legitimately surprised. It’s one of the most laughable units for its price/tech level in the game.
> >
> > Have you ever had a dozen of then attacking you at once, it is not fun i tell you. And these point are to stop people from spamming the -Yoink- out of them that is all.
>
> Have you ever tried to use canister she’ll? 95% of the time it doesn’t work and just makes your tanks unresponsive.

Yes i know but i think that is just a glitch in the game it’s self along with the other ones.

> 2533274812650916;3:

agree, too much population and is too easy to be taken out even if you fully upgrade garage. I was able to take them out with marines

OP: spamming is a strategy, I would figure out what they are spamming and quickly figure out a counter to it. That is what I have had to do with the spams I have seen in my games

1. Marines are pretty easy to stop, only good when the opponent has absolutely nothing e.g. they dont build anything till tanks. Grunts are supposed to be worse thats why they cost less, similar in the first game.
  2. I agree the rangers arent very good especially for being tech 2
  3. nerf the scorpion? If anything it needs a significant buff, building many scorpions will never net you a win against anyone with an understanding of the game.
  4. Maybe changes to the scarabs animation it was clunky in the first game too, condor’s are terrible if you have any flavor of anti air but really good if you dont I think thats fair probably the point. I think super units are balanced outside of their build times.

> 2533274812650916;10:
> Consider this, my friend:
>
> The Scorpion tanks requires Tech 3 to build. That means you need a grand total of 2500 power before you can even MAKE one. That is assuming you upgraded literally nothing along the way (which is insane) so realistically you need more than 2500.
>
> The Cyclops and Hunters both require Tech 2, which is achieved in nearly every game. Or at least most games. Hunters and Cyclops also have quicker build times, faster movement speed in the case of the Cyclops, and can beat Scorpions head on.
>
> So you have a tech 2 unit out-performing a tech 3 unit FOR HALF THE PRICE, and half the time to achieve, and is thus more easily replaceable.
>
> Scorpions are good at one thing: quelling massed infantry (barring Hunters and Cyclops). So if, for whatever reason, your opponent is still Marine/Grunt spamming at Tech 3, sure, go Scorpions. In virtually every other scenario it’s not even worth considering building them. Grizzly tanks can barely make the cut. Regular scorpions? Forget about them. I’ve thrown one or two in my mixed armies for what I thought would be decent damage. They don’t even do that.
>
> I know Scorpions in Halo 1 were the meta aside from Hog and Brute rushes. They were OP. No doubt. But HW2? They are a joke. A terrible one.

yeah, I don’t remember the last time they were useful for me in a match. Some how the wrath is but not the Scorpion? very weird to me.