The 3 Rules of Halo Multiplayer. **PLEASE READ 343!!**

Rule #1: Unless playing Infection, or Juggernaut, Everyone spawns with the same weapons, the same traits, the same equipment.

Rule #2a: Weapons, Vehicles, Equipment, and Powerups can be “found” and used by anyone who gets to it first, it should not be rewarded to people who are doing better.

Rule #2b: People, whether they are doing good, or bad, should not be rewarded or helped out with weapons, vehicles, “perks”, powerups, etc etc.

Rule #1, 2a, and 2b explained: One of the core mechanics of Halo games is to include a fair playing field to all players in the game. The only way a team [or anyone playing any halo game on mulitplayer] should win a match or round is by either superb teamwork or good skills, and by knowledge of a map.

Rule #3: Power Weapons* give a player power, and a person with decent aim and decent skill should be able to get at least 1 kill with a power weapon. Power weapons should not be combatted with anything a player starts a match with( armor lock), or any core mechanics of a game(e.g. Sword blocking, bad move bungie), but with items found on a map or with a weapon you start with…

*A vehicle would be considered a Power weapon

Do you guys believe that 343 should follow these rules in order to not repeat Halo Reaches annoying Core gameplay mechanics??

So according to rule 3, I should not use the AR or magnum I spawned with against the Sword guy running at me. But instead, go find a power weapon to fight back with.

Well i guess rule 3 wasn’t thought out enough.

> So according to rule 3, I should not use the AR or magnum I spawned with against the Sword guy running at me. But instead, go find a power weapon to fight back with.

fix’d, sorta. I was thinking along the lines of a player spawning w/ Armor Lock, or a player sword blocking.

Your argument makes more sense now.

I think sword blocking is silly, but I do get a lot of kills when I sword block the guy and kill him instead. He wasn’t fast enough to take me out.
The only issue I have with armor lock is that it works very oddly for me.

> Your argument makes more sense now.
>
> I think sword blocking is silly, but I do get a lot of kills when I sword block the guy and kill him instead. He wasn’t fast enough to take me out.
> The only issue I have with armor lock is that it works very oddly for me.

The only issue i have with armor lock is that it is the worst armor ability ever we all would have been fine without it. It was made purely to piss people off and slow down gameplay it does not make it a better game in any way.

A mongoose is considered a power weapon? All it can do is splatter at full speed and perfect aim.

As a general note, in the majority of gametypes in Reach, the loadouts are universal. Everyone has the same access to the same starting equipment.

Whats the difference bewteen choosing a loadout others didn’t pick and going for a weapon others didn’t choose to go for?

Rule #4- No AAs, No Bloom, and nothing that has to do with Reach to be in Halo 4 Multiplayer

The core Halo gameplay is…

  1. Map control
  2. Power weapon/vehicle control
  3. Consistent accuracy
  4. A “spartan” weapon sandbox
  5. Even playing field

> Rule #4- No AAs, No Bloom, and nothing that has to do with Reach to be in Halo 4 Multiplayer

Bloom is ONLY bad on the DMR. The reason for that is Bungie’s shortcomings, not the mechanic itself. If, say, Bloom is used on the BR, it can be implemented properly, by only Blooming to show the inaccuracy caused by the Burst, then resetting fully before you are able to fire again. (Aesthetic, as it is on the Sniper Rifle.)

I don’t know where you’re coming from about “rewarding players” for doing well. Armor abilities don’t reward you for doing well, it just enforces play styles. While I’ll admit that they may need balancing, you’re just complaining, really.

Does 2b essentially mean no powerups on the map, or just essentially the guy doing the worst or best shouldn’t be given it BECAUSE they are doing the worst or best, but rather because they got to it’s location on the map?

> > Rule #4- No AAs, No Bloom, and nothing that has to do with Reach to be in Halo 4 Multiplayer
>
> Bloom is ONLY bad on the DMR. The reason for that is Bungie’s shortcomings, not the mechanic itself. If, say, Bloom is used on the BR, it can be implemented properly, by only Blooming to show the inaccuracy caused by the Burst, then resetting fully before you are able to fire again. (Aesthetic, as it is on the Sniper Rifle.)

Bloom slows down gameplay massively and ruins the game and I say keep it out of Halo 4 and any other Halo Game to come.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not necropost threads.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Rule #1: Unless playing Infection, or Juggernaut, Everyone spawns with the same weapons, the same traits, the same equipment.

Why? Why not have a few good weapons to specialize the experience even further?

> Rule #2a: Weapons, Vehicles, Equipment, and Powerups can be “found” and used by anyone who gets to it first, it should not be rewarded to people who are doing better.

If your performing well, why would you not be rewarded when the other person(s) has at least three other benefits different to your own? I.e. different perks, specializations, and guns?

> Rule #2b: People, whether they are doing good, or bad, should not be rewarded or helped out with weapons, vehicles, “perks”, powerups, etc etc.

Why not? Why should the armor being worn not hold benefits to it? Why should you not be able to do other feats that allow a player to feel like they are a supersoldier? Why should the experience not be customized to your own personal feelings and settings which allow for game changing effects when the person who simply wants to perform well only needs to be more skilled all the same? I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, this game, this franchise, has always been about teamwork, this system presented so far, is going to reward that.

> Rule #1, 2a, and 2b explained: One of the core mechanics of Halo games is to include a fair playing field to all players in the game. The only way a team (or anyone playing any halo game on multiplayer) should win a match or round is by either superb teamwork or good skills, and by knowledge of a map.

Thanks for your opinion. Also, that is what Halo 4 has been to be promoting.

> Rule #3: Power Weapons* give a player power, and a person with decent aim and decent skill should be able to get at least 1 kill with a power weapon. Power weapons should not be combated with anything a player starts a match with(armor lock), or any core mechanics of a game(e.g. Sword blocking, bad move bungie), but with items found on a map or with a weapon you start with…

I can see what you wanted to say: You think vehicular or powerful weapons on a map should not be able to be contradicted/blocked in any fashion by AA’s or mechanics which prevent a kill with said power weapon (sword blocking), but with appropriate counter power weapons found on the map (i.e. Spartan Laser against Vehicles). The issue this presents is why should it be this way? Because you like it? Because the core of the franchise has been settling on this idea for years? Those aren’t good reasons to keep something the way it is. An example of a good reason to change something is because the population of Halo wants a change. With the pre-orders for Halo 4 now rivaling 200k, that clearly speaks for itself that the franchise likes the changes 343 has implemented. At the end of the day, that is your bargaining power. Who wants/likes this stuff.

It’s clear you do not, but that is no excuse to state this is an automatic rule for matchmaking, which encompasses thousands more then you or anyone else who would agree with you.

*A vehicle would be considered a Power weapon

> Do you guys believe that 343 should follow these rules in order to not repeat Halo Reaches annoying Core gameplay mechanics??

I think your rules are intended well, but they lack the ideas and creativity which need to go with multiplayer for people to stay interested. My stance on this is: no. They should not follow your rules.

From what I’ve seen so far Halo 4 vastly improves upon what Reach did wrong when trying to make Halo fresh again. Halo 4 also impliments new features which if balanced well and they sound well balanced can allow for more dynamic and immersive gameplay.

Fortunately with Halo the rules are in the hands of the player more than any other game, as they have been with custom games since the beginning. As far as power-weapon canceling core mechanics off spawn the only ones that ever really existed sword blocking and armor lock, are out, as far as we know. No one has really found Hardlight Shield to be all that effective at canceling a power weapon, it’s more like a weak overshield that makes you unable to attack while holding.

There will be vanilla halo playlists, and spiced up halo playlists with all the bells and whistles that break these rules.

If you hate the latter you never ever ever have to play it, but should you choose to be miserable, it will always be there for you to complain about and argue over.

Ain’t life grand?