The 1 weapon 343 got right in Infinite is the BR

Ok the sidekick is ok…much rather have the magnum. Is it just me or do most of the weapons just feal off. Returning to Halos roots was Infinites marketing claim to fame other that being open world far cry bs style which has no business in halo (my opinion) but can we agree most of the newly introduced weapons are kinda…well -Yoink!-. Quake lightning sniper thing whatever… No fuel rod cannon no beam rifle no plasma rifle but we added this and the saddest excuse for a shotgun. I can write a novel on how bad the shotgun is and im sure most of you can too. Which old news prob gonna update i know but why change whats not broken? I remember having so much faith in infinite watching the dev vids when they talked about the “Halo 2 BR coming back” then i c all the new weapons being like hmmm different covenant weapons again but ok ill give them a chance oh this new shotty looks cool. Then like most of us in the flights i was like jesus wtf are these and why do they feel so… Well not halo. Oh yeah btw electric stun gun. They added an electric stun gun thats slightly ok at taking down shields if u can not die long enough while getting shot at the person you’re shooting at. Anyways at least they got the rocket launcher right. (Pretty hard to mess up a ROCKET LAUNCHER though) Sorry for the novel and yes I know the actual names of these weapons but I refuse to acknowledge their existence because acknowledging their existence and knowing they are substituting vanilla Halo weapons (for now I guess) makes me feel very… Well < /3 heartbroken. Yes I use them and I know how to use them but wouldn’t it be pretty cool to replace the stupid quarter power wanna be beam rifle with y’know a beam rifle? Also dont talk about balance etc they cant even get the new shotgun to kill someone at point blank 99% of the time i see players including me having to shoot melee/melee shoot at point blank just because we already know how worthless this thing is most of the time when ur in somebody’s face with “THE SHOTGUN” . Shotgun rant couldn’t resist. How about on top of voting in this community about stories (which is cool btw) you let us vote on how you design your -Yoink!- game since the 50 people who still play it like me actually care about Halo. (If you actually read my entire 4:30 am rant I am so sorry may god have mercy on your soul)

2 Likes

Can you edit your post into paragraphs? It makes it a lot easier to skim over and read, while also hitting your main points. Anyways, going off your title, I disagree. 343 got most if not all weapons in Infinite right. The only weapons that I feel aren’t good in the sandbox and have no reason to ever be picked up are the Plasma Pistol and Pulse Carbine. The Plasma Pistol has a very loose tracking which means that it completely loses its “wombo combo” of EMP, then headshot. It also has a slow fire rate in general which makes it slow against shields.
The Pulse Carbine’s problem is similar. Aside from its name implying that it works like the Halo 2,3,4,5 Carbine, it also has a poor damage rate after stripping shields. Add onto that that it has to be in a certain range to track, otherwise the plasma things just go everywhere, it makes it hardly worth picking up when the AR and Sidekick both work at close to medium range flawlessly together.
As for other weapons not being right, I don’t think their is any others that don’t. You could argue for the Commando, but I’d say its purpose is to be a scoped Sidekick for BTB.

2 Likes

I’m not reading that mess of words but I disagree.

Halo Infinite’s BR is the most mid af BR I’ve ever experienced in Halo history. It’s basically almost like a 3 round burst DMR rather than a BR which is very effective at mid range, but can be a long ranged weapon as well.

When it’s mid or close range, the SK beats the BR so hard its hilarious.

No i cant make it into paragraphs this is a forum not a college paper. I appreciate you explaining Halo Infinites weapons to me but I’m sorry to tell you this… I know about them for I have played the game lol. Although I understand you I think you are missing the main point I’m trying to convey which is there is no actual reason for the newly introduced weapons to replace vanilla Halo weapons. (Especially when they are sub par)

In history huh? If it was like a 3 round burst DMR that would actually make it pretty darn op and contradict everything you just said about it being “mid af” and all given that the DMR with headshots killed in 4 shots… Also yeah infinites br is no h2 br but its the closest thing the game has that feels like a halo weapon besides the rocket launcher lol so i dont see what ur trying to say or argue about here? In talking about feeling like Halo here not what weapon is statistically better…

I’ll say the closest thing to a Halo weapon in Infinite is actually the Disruptor. A creative weapon with good utility and when used properly, can kill a fully shield Spartan on its own. Its utility crossing into PP’s territory is a travesty but it’s still a well designed weapon.

1 Like

You are absolutely hilarious.

Oh and you’re not? You can’t even format paragraphs like a literate person.

1 Like

Though we’re on a forum, if you want to properly convey a message try breaking it up into various segments. Most people on the forums don’t want to read a large mass of words that has various issues such as: large chunks that just ramble, tons of run on sentences.
It isn’t all that hard, and you probably learned how to do it in 5th grade. We don’t expect college level academics or discussion, but if you want to create a discussion where people can actually tackle your points, add in some paragraphs.

2 Likes

I think the BR is a little TOO consistent, it’s the most laser accurate BR in the series. It’s completely predictable every burst. That being said, I love it and feel bad when I don’t have one and someone else does.

I like the way it looks, sounds, and performs. I don’t get why so many people hate it other than they must not be a good shot with it

Here, I’ll do some for you.

Ok the sidekick is ok…much rather have the magnum.
Is it just me or do most of the weapons just feal off. Returning to Halos roots was Infinites marketing claim to fame other that being open world far cry bs style which has no business in halo (my opinion) but can we agree most of the newly introduced weapons are kinda…well -Yoink!-. Quake lightning sniper thing whatever… No fuel rod cannon no beam rifle no plasma rifle but we added this and the saddest excuse for a shotgun. I can write a novel on how bad the shotgun is and im sure most of you can too. Which old news prob gonna update i know but why change whats not broken?

I remember having so much faith in infinite watching the dev vids when they talked about the “Halo 2 BR coming back” then i c all the new weapons being like hmmm different covenant weapons again but ok ill give them a chance oh this new shotty looks cool. Then like most of us in the flights i was like jesus wtf are these and why do they feel so… Well not halo.

Oh yeah btw electric stun gun. They added an electric stun gun thats slightly ok at taking down shields if u can not die long enough while getting shot at the person you’re shooting at. Anyways at least they got the rocket launcher right. (Pretty hard to mess up a ROCKET LAUNCHER though) Sorry for the novel and yes I know the actual names of these weapons but I refuse to acknowledge their existence because acknowledging their existence and knowing they are substituting vanilla Halo weapons (for now I guess) makes me feel very… Well < /3 heartbroken. Yes I use them and I know how to use them but wouldn’t it be pretty cool to replace the stupid quarter power wanna be beam rifle with y’know a beam rifle?

Also dont talk about balance etc they cant even get the new shotgun to kill someone at point blank 99% of the time i see players including me having to shoot melee/melee shoot at point blank just because we already know how worthless this thing is most of the time when ur in somebody’s face with “THE SHOTGUN” . Shotgun rant couldn’t resist. How about on top of voting in this community about stories (which is cool btw) you let us vote on how you design your -Yoink!- game since the 50 people who still play it like me actually care about Halo.

(If you actually read my entire 4:30 am rant I am so sorry may god have mercy on your soul)

You see? Now some us can read your entire points. All I did was separate some of the tangents into separate areas. Also, now that I know it was a rant at 4:30 AM, it makes much more sense.

1 Like

Infinite’s BR is insanely good yeah. No other Battle Rifle in the series feels anywhere near as good.

1 Like

well i didnt read that but i prob agree since i strongly dislike every weapon in the game other than br, sidearm, and ar. the rest feel terribly off to me.

Halo 4’s BR is the most laser accurate. The crap I’ve seen pros pull off with that gun is so disgusting.

2 Likes

Only read the Title due to lack of paragraphs but after over 2000 ranked I can tell you: no, the BR isnt right

1 Like

@IceKavu @esnoox
I too couldn’t read it. I’ve added paragraphs to it here: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/t/the-1-weapon-343-got-right-in-infinite-is-the-br/530554/11?u=hudso8

I mean I agree, the battle rifle is a good gun. Could it be better? Definitely! In my opinion it needs to have better damage to health when players shields are popped, but it also needs reduced damage against shields as it’s a kinetic projectile and not a plasma projectile. The other issue with it is it had very low recoil. It’s a high caliber round shot in 3 round burst, it needs to have a little bit of kick back to even out the playing field for other players going up against the gun. Especially when the gun is hip fired.

1 Like

Well duh they got it right, it is the only weapon the comp players they got to beta test ever used. Seriously when it is the only weapons their testers are using it is hard to get its balance wrong.

I am not kidding the BR is the only weapon comp players ever freaking use, it got boring watching HSC because of that, they only use the BR some times grenades, some times the power weapons, but all the other items on the map might as well not be there. Unless there is a shotgun that some times gets used.

They should really have mass testing where only one weapon is open in the standard loadout just to test and balance.

Like a mass testing of just the AR, all you have is the AR, same with the commando, sidekick, plasma pistol, and so on.

Most of the weapons seem fine to me… Just a few of them I never use because they’re don’t have a big enough niche situation to use them, or there are just better options that area easier to use. Maybe some of them could be tweak to be a little bit more useful outside of the niche, as long as it’s just small change. The mangler for instance, just no reason to use it over the Assault Rifle now. Easier to use, tons of ammo, will probably never run out of ammo honestly since people spawn with it and it does everything to Mangler can do just about.

In my opinion the biggest problem with infinite’s BR is how it is hitscan. You can laser people with ease across the map with no repercussions due to lack of recoil. REALLY negatively affects the gameplay and also map design, one thing I don’t think many people realize. Behemoth and Launch Site for instance, not bad maps at all.
What’s wrong with them is how they have large open sightlines. So if you are playing slayer BR’s on either of those maps you just get wrecked in 0.3 seconds if you are out in the open, its ridiculous.

What that does is it forces the map designers to make maps without open sightlines and limits what they can do when creating a multiplayer map. Look at big team battle for instance. A lot of people would prefer BR starts (myself included) but when I actually think about it, it would probably be a disaster because everyone would have lasers and just kill you from across the map. That is most likely why 343 has purposely not entertained that idea and has kept the magnum and AR start. Besides map design, that is just another example of how a hitscan main utility weapon can be limiting, as you limit playlist options because the gun is too powerful.

Halo 3’s BR felt amazing to me, I wish Infinite’s was projectile based similar to Halo 3’s, obviously tweaking/tuning to Infinite’s gameplay so it would fit in the sandbox. In my opinion, the BR being hitscan was done intentionally to lower the skillgap needed to be good with the weapon (Not needing to lead your shots).

If it is easier to use, = more people playing halo competitively = more people streaming halo = more people watching halo = $$$ for 343

1 Like