THATS WHAT I AND MANY OTHERS WANT FOR H4

to qoute CRY5IS(thanks btw)

Actually we do want something new for Halo but at the same time we want the old Halo 2/3 gameplay back with a few NEW touches. Which I think is the best possible thing we can do for Halo because there is a thing called to much change which happened with Reach and look what happened, Reach became the worst Halo game ever for many reasons and split the community in half. Halo 4 needs to be like Halo 2/3 with a few NEW things that agree with the Halo formula and we will have ourselves an amazing solid Halo game which will be enjoyable for years to come.

and i think 343 is changing to much right now from what ive heared and read

make it like h2 and h3 with few new things

i wont let 343 destroy my halo and the halo of 1000s others

Change isn’t always bad.

> i wont let 343 destroy my halo and the halo of 1000s others

And what, exactly, are you going to do? Make a petulant thread on an Internet forum? Woah, watch out guys, we’ve got a badass over here.

> > i wont let 343 destroy my halo and the halo of 1000s others
>
> And what, exactly, are you going to do? Make a petulant thread on an Internet forum? Woah, watch out guys, we’ve got a badass over here.

IMPOSSIBLE! We can’t say -Yoink-(The A-word)here, but we can say “Hell” and “Damn” Apperently.

> Change isn’t always bad.

From Halo CE to Halo 2, the change wasn’t bad, it still felt like Halo.

But from Halo 3 to Reach, it was bad, bloom, AAs, lack of bleedthrough, loadouts, no skill ranking system, slow paced…

> > Change isn’t always bad.
>
> From Halo CE to Halo 2, the change wasn’t bad, it still felt like Halo.
>
> But from Halo 3 to Reach, it was bad, bloom, AAs, lack of bleedthrough, loadouts, no skill ranking system, slow paced…

I agree with that but people are making a huge deal about it and just want something safe so they are going back to the features of halo 1-3

343i do seem to have a finger on the pulse of the community. It’s clear their aware that the AAs aren’t perfect, that bloom isn’t ideal etc.

HaloGaf is a good barometer of the prevailing opinions of the Halo community, the average age is a lot higher than on here or B.net and I think that’s better as you tend to weed out a lot of the more whiny, misguided opinions. As we all know Frankie, Brian Reed and probably a bunch of other 343ers are all prominent members of the Gaf community.

They’re listening, they know what we want. I think they did a great job with CEA in terms of fan service and we have no reason to suspect that won’t continue with Halo4.

> > > Change isn’t always bad.
> >
> > From Halo CE to Halo 2, the change wasn’t bad, it still felt like Halo.
> >
> > But from Halo 3 to Reach, it was bad, bloom, AAs, lack of bleedthrough, loadouts, no skill ranking system, slow paced…
>
> I agree with that but people are making a huge deal about it and just want something safe so they are going back to the features of halo 1-3

Yeah. I’m sorry but if we just got another carbon copy of Halo 2/3 I would tire of it quickly. A few minor additions will not hold my attention longer than a couple months. I played Halo 3 for three years. Why would I want something exactly like it? The OP is thinking along the lines of " Call of Duty".

Treyarch preparing for Black Ops 2 :

Guy 1 : Hey so what should we do for Black Ops 2?

Guy 2: Make the graphics a little better, add a couple new weapons, maybe a new game type, and then lets call it a day!!!

Guy 1 : You are a genius!

Thats pretty much how I view you. In my opinion nostalgia is running your argument ( like that post says ) , and you are scared of innovation. Sure Halo Reach was not the greatest, but at least it completely changed the formula of Halo, and allowed me to ask my Cod friends " How much has Call of Duty changed over the years?". Also what do you mean you " won’t let this happen"? I don’t think one thread is gonna change anything. Halo 4 is really far into development.

> to qoute CRY5IS(thanks btw)
>
> Actually we do want something new for Halo but at the same time we want the old Halo 2/3 gameplay back with a few NEW touches. Which I think is the best possible thing we can do for Halo because there is a thing called to much change which happened with Reach and look what happened, Reach became the worst Halo game ever for many reasons and split the community in half. Halo 4 needs to be like Halo 2/3 with a few NEW things that agree with the Halo formula and we will have ourselves an amazing solid Halo game which will be enjoyable for years to come.
>
> and i think 343 is changing to much right now from what ive heared and read
>
> make it like h2 and h3 with few new things
>
> i wont let 343 destroy my halo and the halo of 1000s others

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

xD Crymoar

just because you want an old halo feel doesnt mean everyone else does. yes i would like some old gameplay elements but i want halo 4 to be fresh

> > i wont let 343 destroy my halo and the halo of 1000s others
>
> And what, exactly, are you going to do? Make a petulant thread on an Internet forum? Woah, watch out guys, we’ve got a badass over here.

What else can we do?

Flip tables? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

> 343i do seem to have a finger on the pulse of the community. It’s clear their aware that the AAs aren’t perfect, that bloom isn’t ideal etc.
>
> HaloGaf is a good barometer of the prevailing opinions of the Halo community, the average age is a lot higher than on here or B.net and I think that’s better as you tend to weed out a lot of the more whiny, misguided opinions. As we all know Frankie, Brian Reed and probably a bunch of other 343ers are all prominent members of the Gaf community.
>
> They’re listening, they know what we want. I think they did a great job with CEA in terms of fan service and we have no reason to suspect that won’t continue with Halo4.

It’s funny cuz a lot of Halogafers like Reach, and most of them don’t -Yoink- like people over here.

I hope Halo 4 is a brand new game. Nothing like the previous games whatsoever.

> just because you want an old halo feel doesnt mean everyone else does. yes i would like some old gameplay elements but i want halo 4 to be fresh

I know alot of people that do want that. And that doesnt mean Im not allowed to post it…

> I hope Halo 4 is a brand new game. Nothing like the previous games whatsoever.

Obviously, Halo should be a fantasy RPG about Master CHEF making pancakes.

> > I hope Halo 4 is a brand new game. Nothing like the previous games whatsoever.
>
> Obviously, Halo should be a fantasy RPG about Master CHEF making pancakes.

I’m shoving my money at the screen, but nothing is happening!

> > I hope Halo 4 is a brand new game. Nothing like the previous games whatsoever.
>
> Obviously, Halo should be a fantasy RPG about Master CHEF making pancakes.

I’m pretty sure you know what I meant. It had to feel like a new game. I don’t want to play it on the first day and think “Hey this is like Halo 3/Reach with new weapons”

> > > I hope Halo 4 is a brand new game. Nothing like the previous games whatsoever.
> >
> > Obviously, Halo should be a fantasy RPG about Master CHEF making pancakes.
>
> I’m pretty sure you know what I meant. It had to feel like a new game. I don’t want to play it on the first day and think “Hey this is like Halo 3/Reach with new weapons”

Of course. Though I would like pancakes to feature at some point in the campaign.

> > > > I hope Halo 4 is a brand new game. Nothing like the previous games whatsoever.
> > >
> > > Obviously, Halo should be a fantasy RPG about Master CHEF making pancakes.
> >
> > I’m pretty sure you know what I meant. It had to feel like a new game. I don’t want to play it on the first day and think “Hey this is like Halo 3/Reach with new weapons”
>
> Of course. Though I would like pancakes to feature at some point in the campaign.

I would hope so, Most people (After vanquishing their enemies) would require some form of nourishment. Preferably blueberry pancakes with buttery syrup.

> > 343i do seem to have a finger on the pulse of the community. It’s clear their aware that the AAs aren’t perfect, that bloom isn’t ideal etc.
> >
> > HaloGaf is a good barometer of the prevailing opinions of the Halo community, the average age is a lot higher than on here or B.net and I think that’s better as you tend to weed out a lot of the more whiny, misguided opinions. As we all know Frankie, Brian Reed and probably a bunch of other 343ers are all prominent members of the Gaf community.
> >
> > They’re listening, they know what we want. I think they did a great job with CEA in terms of fan service and we have no reason to suspect that won’t continue with Halo4.
>
> It’s funny cuz a lot of Halogafers like Reach, and most of them don’t -Yoink!- like people over here.

Reach is garbage. I hate that entire forum.