That. Was. Not. A. Jetpack.

In the halo 4 trailer, when Chiefy starts to boost himself around, everyone was all like “OMGWTFBBQ JETPAAAWKS!” No. It was a 0 grav thruster from the books, he just never used it before. He has always had it, and still does.

Really? interesting.

<4 <343

Thank you I am not mad when I brought this up on bungie.net

If you look at the Mark VI Armor in 2 and 3 those things on his back were always there. As it’s pointed out here they’re not Jet Packs so that’s why he never used them until now. He’s in a Zero G environment and was escaping explosions. It made sense to use there here.

The only thing that bothered me was just the aesthetic look of his suite. But they say that will be explained so I’ll save final judgement on the final product.

really?, i thought the new suit looked quite cool.

This was intended for the people that dont know anything about them. All through the comments of every website they think AAs are back. It is stupid.

Indeed. Although if you take a look at Noble Team’s backs, their armour has no massive pack on their backs, which probably indicates that thrusters didn’t come with their armour. It’s almost as if Bungie had been saying all along, “hey, the Chief has 0 Gee thrusters”.

> Indeed. Although if you take a look at Noble Team’s backs, their armour has no massive pack on their backs, which probably indicates that thrusters didn’t come with their armour. It’s almost as if Bungie had been saying all along, “hey, the Chief has 0 Gee thrusters”.

Noble Team made huge modification to their armor, they probably removed them.

Noble Team wore Mark V armor, not Mark VI. The Chief in Halo: CE didn’t appear to have those packs on his back, which could indicate they’re only found on the Mark VI.

> Noble Team wore Mark V armor, not Mark VI. The Chief in Halo: CE didn’t appear to have those packs on his back, which could indicate they’re only found on the Mark VI.

But the Chief did have a considerably bigger back than Noble Team.

> Noble Team wore Mark V armor, not Mark VI. The Chief in Halo: CE didn’t appear to have those packs on his back, which could indicate they’re only found on the Mark VI.

Well, the canon in Halo:CE is not so expressive as it is today, as Bungie and Microsoft didn’t know how well Halo would do, so the implementation of little details like that may have been left out initially.