That "planet" in Halo 4 isn't a planet

It’s a ship. Guarantee it. What plannet has metal structure and weird outlines on it? Not to mention a huge tracktor beam thing and an opening.

See? My conclusion. Post your conclusions and thoughts!

…have you ever heard of the Forerunners?

> …have you ever heard of the Forerunners?

Yes, lol. But “ancient enemy?”

New enemy. I don’t think well see any returns of Flood, Covenant, or Forrunners. I want something new.

Just because YOU want something new, doesn’t mean old stuff won’t be in there. If you don’t think that PLANET is Forerunner of Pre-cursor, I don’t know what else it could be.

> Just because YOU want something new, doesn’t mean old stuff won’t be in there. If you don’t think that PLANET is Forerunner of Pre-cursor, I don’t know what else it could be.

I don’t think you’re understanding. ANCIENT. NEW. EVIL.

lol. New dude. New

NEW

I dont c how it can be forrunners. Just let me speculate D:<

Ancient =/= New…I think.

OT: Have we actually met the Forerunners? Those seem to be ancient, but at the same time, new to the player. Maybe the Pre-cursors, or the Caveat?

> Ancient =/= New…I think.
>
> OT: Have we actually met the Forerunners? Those seem to be ancient, but at the same time, new to the player. Maybe the Pre-cursors, or the Caveat?

Hm. The Caveat seem more plausable, alongside the Precursurs. Gah, I can’t spell tonight. But yeah, I see your point. Either way, Ship, Planet. Things huge and I’m very skeptical.

I’m now putting my money on Caveat. …And maybe, MAYBE Forerunner. (Pre-cursors were killed off in the Forerunner-Precursor war, now that I think of it.)

> I’m now putting my money on Caveat. …And maybe, MAYBE Forerunner. (Pre-cursors were killed off in the Forerunner-Precursor war, now that I think of it.)

Oh yes. I actually never knew of that. Hm. SO now its down to Forruners or Caveats…or a new one.

I’ve also just realize (And I really YOINK!ing hope I’m wrong, but didn’t the Forerunners put Flood specimen in preservation labs, like with other few select races?
Seeing how it IS what started the outbreak on Installation 04, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had them on (If it is) the Forerunner planet. I still doubt it would be a major enemy, but it is a possible factor.

…Man, I need to get Cryptum.

I think they did. And lol at YOINK. Stupid question. But I remember everything in all Halos except wars but… Where exactly did Cortana get a 7 year sentence or something like that? Cause most H4 threads talk about that and her being rampant.

Oh, look at the time you posted the above statement. ^ how cute.

OT: I believe I answered this in your other topic, if you wanna check that out.

> Oh, look at the time you posted the above statement. ^ how cute.
>
> OT: I believe I answered this in your other topic, if you wanna check that out.

1:17! :smiley: Lol. thanks. And i saw. :DDD

I just thought I’d let everyone know that “caveat” isn’t a species. It’s a noun used in common speech and is not unique to the Halo universe. See this link for a definition (pay attention to the first definition) and some examples of its use.

Guys, the ‘caveat’ is just an additional piece of important information that needs to be considered when examining the Bestiarum. There’s no indication that it’s being used as a species name.

Besides, irrespective of its original Latin meaning it would be a pretty dumb unimaginative name for one.

Edit: Beat me to it, ElusiveEagle. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hm. I was on waypoint today on the Bestarium, and I noticed this:

This is what leads me to believe that this is a potential new enemy.

EDIT Argh, being shot down so many times hurts. I’ve looked into it. Caveat may not be an actual species name, but it sounds like something along the lines of “Pre-Cursor” Having a sort of meaning to it, without a known “actual species name”. So, in other words, possibly a nick-name type thing?

EDIT AGAIN

The definition of Caveat: A warning or proviso of specific stipulations, conditions, or limitation.

Possibly a very vague description of what (if it is) this species does/is capable of doing? After all, The definition of Forerunner: A person or thing that precedes the coming or development of someone or something else.

This describes the race, but, is it the actual name? Most likely not, as that would be a little…silly.

I can understand what you are going for, but I would place money on the fact that “CAVEAT” applies to the warning/explanation/cautionary detail we see at the start of the Bestiarum.

> Bestiarum - (CAVEAT)
>
> The following information has been gleaned from a variety of sources, impartial and otherwise. Records retrieved from alien systems cannot be verified except by cross-reference against our own records. The significant system-wide lull in record-keeping for many of these species invalidates much of the provable veracity of this information. The following document is as accurate as possible under difficult circumstances but should be treated as an incomplete investigation only.

I love your enthusiasm! Keep up the speculation. :slight_smile: <4

I’m tempted to do more research. But I’m way to tired. Gonna catch some Zs. See everyone later.

Am I the only one who thinks that this “planet” in the trailer looks a lot like a Death Star from Star Wars? LOL

By all indications, it’s a Forerunner shield world.