That new File Share is pretty amazing right?

No, there’s not a File Share, I know, (besides that “thing” 343 implemented to be able to download a Friend’s maps). Back in January, since Forge came, a LOT of people have been asking about a decent File Share feature, about the likes of Reach’s or Halo 4’s or Halo 3’s. 343i supposedly listened, they even adress in many of their news that teams “are working on a File Share”, but we still haven’t seen anything… Since JANUARY, I know they are working with the updates, but man, given the importance 343i has been giving to Community Creations you would think they at least want people to be able to try them. But with the current File Share I have more strangers in my Friend List than actual friends.

Also I know I can add the “The343Favorites” gamertag, I already have, but as their name says, they just add what they consider worthy. I want to be able to search for maps, to just filter by gamertag without having to add someone new everytime I see a cool map.

I can’t believe they haven’t included this when it has been asked since forge came out, and when they said they had been working on it… It’s been three months, three more updates, and still nothing.

File Browsers definitely need to be made available with Forge, at launch. 343 has confirmed that they are working on a full file browser, but haven’t given any indication of when it will come out. They will be adding the ability to save groups of objects (pre-fabs), and add them to another canvas without rebuilding from scratch. I’m pretty sure that both will be coming out at the same time. Hopefully it will be part of Memories of Reach, otherwise it will be too late.

My guess is that it will come out in June, it will probably be one of the last things they implement into the game.

They had 2 months without forge to make a proper file browser, plus Bungie had a Halo 3 and Halo Reach File Browser since launch of their games. I hope it comes with the Reach update, because a lot of people (including me) are going to make lots of mini games using the Infection gamemode.

Well if it’s so easy to make a file share system code on up and send it to them :slight_smile: but I do hope when they do have it it’s like the H3 one where they had the favorite screen shots and maps. I used to like checking out the screen shots between games.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> Well if it’s so easy to make a file share system code on up and send it to them :slight_smile: but I do hope when they do have it it’s like the H3 one where they had the favorite screen shots and maps. I used to like checking out the screen shots between games.

You would think that for a big company as 343i, a File Share shouldn’t be too much of a problem… The argument of “If its so easy do it yourself” is pretty stupid. I’m a programmer myself, I’m still learning but I know the work it takes. And since 343 said they have been working on it since january, it’s pretty surprising they haven’t got anything done since then…

I’d speculate that the File Browser will drop with Memories of Reach since Reach had such a good system. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want it to go away, I love that 343 has taken a more involved step with the 343Favorites account, but that’s an entirely separate item from what we’ve been asking for.