that little x in halo 5

so you know in halo 5 when you kill someone the little x appears on your crosshair? i rly like it and hope its kept in halo infinite id rly like to hear you guyses opinions to.

People love to hate on things added into halo 5 such as sprint, thrusters, spartan charge etc. because it isn’t classic halo. I understand that argument (even though I don’t necessarily agree) because I’ve been playing halo since ce as a kid. Some of the things added to halo 5 I really like such as the little x and the hit markers that pop up when connecting shots and grenades. I hope they return in infinite. I feel the game can have these things implemented without losing the classic halo feel.

The x (hit marker) helps players know when their shots are landing. This is a good thing, in my opinion.

The hit marker can be abused to get more information than a player should have. For example, throwing a grenade around a corner and getting hit markers tell you an enemy’s location and that his/her shields are now low. This is a bad thing in my opinion.

Thus, i don’t think Halo Infinite should have hit markers for grenades. I admit, this line gets fuzzy when you start looking at other splash damage weapons, like the rocket launcher.

If i had to make a choice between excluding hit markers for all weapons or include hit markers for all weapons (including grenades), i would choose no hit markers for any weapons. Personal preference.

> 2533274917301945;3:
> The hit marker can be abused to get more information than a player should have. For example, throwing a grenade around a corner and getting hit markers tell you an enemy’s location and that his/her shields are now low. This is a bad thing in my opinion.

Right. Knowing this information can greatly inform the attacking player’s decision about whether to push the opposing player or not, which is pretty huge.

Going for absolutes, I would prefer their absence rather than their presence.

> 2533274854980999;2:
> People love to hate on things added into halo 5 such as sprint, thrusters, spartan charge etc. because it isn’t classic halo. I understand that argument (even though I don’t necessarily agree) because I’ve been playing halo since ce as a kid. Some of the things added to halo 5 I really like such as the little x and the hit markers that pop up when connecting shots and grenades. I hope they return in infinite. I feel the game can have these things implemented without losing the classic halo feel.

i couldnt have put it better myself

> 2533274854980999;2:
> People love to hate on things added into halo 5 such as sprint, thrusters, spartan charge etc. because it isn’t classic halo. I understand that argument (even though I don’t necessarily agree) because I’ve been playing halo since ce as a kid. Some of the things added to halo 5 I really like such as the little x and the hit markers that pop up when connecting shots and grenades. I hope they return in infinite. I feel the game can have these things implemented without losing the classic halo feel.

i agree i havent been playing since i was a kid but ive played most halo games and i think that ur right

> 2535419441797248;4:
> > 2533274917301945;3:
> > The hit marker can be abused to get more information than a player should have. For example, throwing a grenade around a corner and getting hit markers tell you an enemy’s location and that his/her shields are now low. This is a bad thing in my opinion.
>
> Right. Knowing this information can greatly inform the attacking player’s decision about whether to push the opposing player or not, which is pretty huge.
>
> Going for absolutes, I would prefer their absence rather than their presence.

yes i guess you could look at it from a competitetive stand point but they could just add them to casual games

Hit indicators and kill indicators. I welcome the feedback if my shot / grenade connected. I am sure it will be in Infinite. Halo 5 has an option to toggle it on or off too, so everyone is happy.

> 2533274818084099;8:
> Hit indicators and kill indicators. I welcome the feedback if my shot / grenade connected. I am sure it will be in Infinite. Halo 5 has an option to toggle it on or off too, so everyone is happy.

i honestly hope your right

Im gonna push back a little, and also help perhaps provide a solution. You should have the option to know if your projective or grenade or explosion hits a player if its on screen and not obstructed. Just add that and I think problem solved. (although admitedly the implementation of that might be easier said than done)

I personally quite like it as it give that satisfying feeling of shooting someone and hitting. While I understand the argument for why they’re bad for things like grenades, I like it as in halo 5 I often find myself holding onto a grenade so I can chuck it round a corner to see if someone’s there while watching my rear. I get that it tells you when someone is low and then you can go in for the final shot, but I personally like that as it means that if you get hit with a grenade, you’ve got to either catch them off guard or go as they know you’re there. But that’s just what I think.

No hit markers when damage is dealt by splash damage. I’m pretty sure most games can tell the difference between direct damage and splash damage. Developers just need to take advantage of it.

Hit and kill markers and assassinations are all things id like to keep

> 2535465298690335;7:
> > 2535419441797248;4:
> > > 2533274917301945;3:
> > > The hit marker can be abused to get more information than a player should have. For example, throwing a grenade around a corner and getting hit markers tell you an enemy’s location and that his/her shields are now low. This is a bad thing in my opinion.
> >
> > Right. Knowing this information can greatly inform the attacking player’s decision about whether to push the opposing player or not, which is pretty huge.
> >
> > Going for absolutes, I would prefer their absence rather than their presence.
>
> yes i guess you could look at it from a competitetive stand point but they could just add them to casual games

i mean scocial games lol

I’m not really a fan of the hit markers and kill markers. It takes me out of the game. I feel less like an actual Spartan fighting, and more like a dude playing a video game in his living room. I realize that the latter is reality, but when playing video games, I’d prefer to maintain my suspension of disbelief.

> 2535435902217648;15:
> I’m not really a fan of the hit markers and kill markers. It takes me out of the game. I feel less like an actual Spartan fighting, and more like a dude playing a video game in his living room. I realize that the latter is reality, but when playing video games, I’d prefer to maintain my suspension of disbelief.

i guess that makes sense

> 2533274814945686;10:
> Im gonna push back a little, and also help perhaps provide a solution. You should have the option to know if your projective or grenade or explosion hits a player if its on screen and not obstructed. Just add that and I think problem solved. (although admitedly the implementation of that might be easier said than done)

Yep, that sounds like a great system.
Hit markers if you can visually see on screen the shot, grenade etc hit. If its not onscreen no marker so you have to play tactically to know for sure.

Best of both worlds.

> 2535465298690335;16:
> > 2535435902217648;15:
> > I’m not really a fan of the hit markers and kill markers. It takes me out of the game. I feel less like an actual Spartan fighting, and more like a dude playing a video game in his living room. I realize that the latter is reality, but when playing video games, I’d prefer to maintain my suspension of disbelief.
>
> i guess that makes sense

but then again you can just have the option to turn it off

Kill markers are a straight up dopamine trigger. Keep those.

It’s not the biggest problem in the world for me, I have a slight preference against it but can deal with it. The thing that doesn’t sit to well in my court however is the sounds the hit markers make. Halo has been getting a lot louder over the years and the noise from the hit markers and everything else is a little to distracting at times.